• 17759 battles
T-34 stock=supercrap
T-34 upgraded= FEAR ME RUSSAN POWAH
T-34-85 (fully upgraded)---Muahaha eat my idiot gun

Spaciak #22 Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 6003 battles
t-34 is great, t-34/85 on the other hand: A piece of pure shit compared to all other tier 6 mediums!

View PostBlauer_Dragoner, on 31 January 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

I was always impressed by the soviet tanks in this game.... the small ones because they are so quick and can outmanouver most tanks in no time. The KVs because they are rolling fortresses. So I tried one for my own. And was soon surprised - but not for good:
When I got the A20, I died and died over and over again. My hit statistics were disastrous. Not because of my shooting skills, but because the gun is so lousy. So I read up the threads here about the A20 and I found that mostly the people had the same experience as me. For a scout its too slow, for a breaker it´s gun isnt good enough. And all said the same - be patient, collect the points and wait for the T-34.
Yesterday evening I reached the necessary amount - finally! After endless frustrating battles, lots of losses and frayed nerves. And I was a happy and proud owner of a T-34 tank! But after the first battles, I am sitting in front of my computer, staring at the screen with open mouth and just can say: WTF? This tank has a:
  • weak armor
  • lousy precision
  • farcical gun
  • is even slower than the A20
E.g.: last battle I tried to shoot a Tier6 tank. 4 shots, 3 hits, no damage because no penetration! The battle before the same: 4 shots, 4 hits, NO DAMAGE! None! Not even 1%! And this happens all the time since I first used the T-34...
I dont want to whine around, I just want to know:
1) did they change something for the T-34 with the last patch? Was it better before?
2) maybe its me... what am I doing wrong? What strengths and what weaknesses does the T-34 have? What do I have to change to be successful with this tank?
I am seriously seeking for answers, because otherwise I´m gonna stop playing. It was frustrating enough to go all the way with the A20, I dont want to repeat that waste of time.

TheDOD #23 Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9638 battles
  • [HOV] HOV

View PostSpaciak, on 05 February 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

t-34 is great, t-34/85 on the other hand: A piece of pure shit compared to all other tier 6 mediums!
I must disagree. The real problem with T-34/85, that it's not like IRL, so it's not bouncy. Drive with heavys, and whait till they start figting. Than here you go and flank em. Prioroty is not to kill any one in this tank, but to deal a lot of damage. I usually get 0-1 kill pr. mach, but than i earn aprox 20k creds just for damage (a kill only give's you a bonus).

Also angle it. Just won a mach agains another T-34/85, but i won with 40 hp left, and because i angled it (okay, he was a dumb a*sm so he shot at my frontal armor and traks, so he delt only 15 hp damage to me)

BTW i still use 85mm Zis S-53

nemchenk #24 Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8709 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF
I had a similar experience to the OP, in that I was waiting for the T-34 but when I did get it, my reaction was: "Whoa! What's this slow piece of crap?"

Upgrading to the long 57mm ZiS is the way to go, but the real difference is crew -- as nemrod says, it really gets going with 90%+ crew.

Now I love my T-34-57 and plan on never selling it!  :Smile_honoring:

Basardius #25 Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9082 battles
This tank needs better accuracy on the move as it feels like a dog fighter but lacks accuracy

Basardius #26 Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9082 battles
Repair times also are dire and needs the tool box which is still very slow.
Im only grinding this to get a early chance to get on the new russian meds when they come out.

uxen #27 Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8226 battles

View PostJ_Pershing, on 06 February 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

Repair times also are dire and needs the tool box which is still very slow.
Im only grinding this to get a early chance to get on the new russian meds when they come out.

new russian meds?? whoa...??missed something?

Abusemtex #28 Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27310 battles
  • [-RED-] -RED-

View Postuxen, on 06 February 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

new russian meds?? whoa...??missed something?
Yep!

AgentOfBolas #29 Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24549 battles
  • [1_CH] 1_CH

View PostBlauer_Dragoner, on 31 January 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

I was always impressed by the soviet tanks in this game.... the small ones because they are so quick and can outmanouver most tanks in no time. The KVs because they are rolling fortresses. So I tried one for my own. And was soon surprised - but not for good:
When I got the A20, I died and died over and over again. My hit statistics were disastrous. Not because of my shooting skills, but because the gun is so lousy. So I read up the threads here about the A20 and I found that mostly the people had the same experience as me. For a scout its too slow, for a breaker it´s gun isnt good enough. And all said the same - be patient, collect the points and wait for the T-34.
Yesterday evening I reached the necessary amount - finally! After endless frustrating battles, lots of losses and frayed nerves. And I was a happy and proud owner of a T-34 tank! But after the first battles, I am sitting in front of my computer, staring at the screen with open mouth and just can say: WTF? This tank has a:
  • weak armor
  • lousy precision
  • farcical gun
  • is even slower than the A20
E.g.: last battle I tried to shoot a Tier6 tank. 4 shots, 3 hits, no damage because no penetration! The battle before the same: 4 shots, 4 hits, NO DAMAGE! None! Not even 1%! And this happens all the time since I first used the T-34...
I dont want to whine around, I just want to know:
1) did they change something for the T-34 with the last patch? Was it better before?
2) maybe its me... what am I doing wrong? What strengths and what weaknesses does the T-34 have? What do I have to change to be successful with this tank?
I am seriously seeking for answers, because otherwise I´m gonna stop playing. It was frustrating enough to go all the way with the A20, I dont want to repeat that waste of time.

Hi mate,

Please find below some helpful advises:

1. First of all I agree with this that this tank need at least 90% training on crew.
2. Try to get ZIS-4 gun as soon as possible. It can deal 2550 damage in just one minute :) It also get 114mm of average penetration - you can damage most of tanks in the game. Especially from side or rear.
3. Use modules. I know it's quite expensive to buy them but vent+5%, rammer and suspension module are very good for this tank. This last module increase mobility and this is your biggest weapon (just after ZIS-4 ;-) ).
4. Never rush. This is ambush tank. Wait for some time, move with bigger tanks and wait your chance to flank the enemy and then start ZIS-4 shooting orgy :D
5. If you will see that big tanks are moving their turret to shoot you - hide, run and find another way to get them from side.

Good luck. After you max this tank out you will be pleased how it perform.
And still - this is the only way to get ultimate weapon of total destruction - T-54

Artificialx #30 Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6888 battles
As others are indicating, this tank certainly is a grower. I've been grinding it from 75% (in high 90s now), have it fully elited and rocking the ZIS-4.

I too at first, felt it was a little lacklustre, but 112 battles in and I don't see myself selling this anytime soon, despite also buying the T-34-85 this week too.

It is a very enjoyable tank to play. The ZIS-4 is just silly. It has as much of a psychological effect as it does a physical one, especially if you are hidden somewhere behind the front line. All they see is a hit, and 2s later while they are still wondering how to respond, another, then another. People start to move quickly :D Without eyes on target you might think several tanks are shooting at you.

Excellent tanks for helping to occupy a choke point. Used it the other night on Lakeville. Took up position on the TD camping spot near the south base that looks down the west "heavy" path. Anyone brave enough to poke their heads over the hill got smashed repeatedly by myself with the support of a PzIV allowing 2 of our tanks to take the valley floor. They got butchered in short order. 5 tanks eliminated by our collective efforts. Had enough time to turn around and support the centre road after it fell and hold off 2 SU-85s, a T-28 and a PzIII/IV who were too afraid to round the corner completely, knowing with my ROF I could kill anyone brave enough to poke their head out. They tried to play peekabo with me and the PzIV, didn't work out well for them. With my ROF to keep them pinned and aiming for tracks and the PzIV with the killer blow of an L/70 there was no hope for them.

This is of course however, only an anecdote. I do indeed wish it had some more armour and HP, but used well, it is a very effective tank. If you treat it as a tank for harassing enemies rather than dominating the field, it comes into its own.

RongoMatane #31 Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14941 battles
I am in a similar situation, i bought one today. I already like him, but i also did like the A-20 very much, so maybe it's just a question of how well the tank fits you. Looking back, in the first battle i did everything different from what is suggested by the experienced drivers - no modules, bad gun, rushing ahead. I played it as an offensive scout - detecting enemy tanks for teammates while i won't die from 2 hits and can shoot a few rounds myself (5 in the end). Earned me 1K xp, luckily tripled. I'm curious how it will perform in the future and if i have to utilize the wisdom of the T-34 veterans :D

VojaSRB #32 Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 6365 battles
T-34's a keeper, period.
For me its's one of the coolest tanks in the game, loads of fun. Decent armor, speed, firepower and when fully upgraded it's a beast.
Not a single tier5 tank can mach it, you only have to learn how to use its great potential.
It would be the tank I'd keep if I had to sell all the others.  :Smile_honoring:

Abusemtex #33 Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:27 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27310 battles
  • [-RED-] -RED-

View PostVojaSRB, on 16 February 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

Not a single tier5 tank can mach it

PzIV can
M4 can

Skee #34 Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10203 battles
I actually sold it off cause i found the pew-pew gun quite booring. Not enough punch I thought. May just have to rebuy it and see if I was mistaken in the fun department.

Abusemtex #35 Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27310 battles
  • [-RED-] -RED-

View PostSkee, on 17 February 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

I actually sold it off cause i found the pew-pew gun quite booring. Not enough punch I thought. May just have to rebuy it and see if I was mistaken in the fun department.

T-34-57 is fun to play in Tier 5/6 battles. Unfortunately you are pretty often matched against Tier 7 or higher.
If you compare 75mm/L70 and Zis4 you will discover the complete uselessness of that overrated russian gun vs. Tiger/IS/T29. If you like the fast firing cannon use it on T-28 which is Tier 4.

Tanku49 #36 Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21544 battles

View PostAbusemtex76, on 17 February 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

T-34-57 is fun to play in Tier 5/6 battles. Unfortunately you are pretty often matched against Tier 7 or higher.
If you compare 75mm/L70 and Zis4 you will discover the complete uselessness of that overrated russian gun vs. Tiger/IS/T29. If you like the fast firing cannon use it on T-28 which is Tier 4.

Not really just very different usage the 75mm/L70 is a stand off sniper gun, the 57mm Zis is a med to short range zap gun, and it can eat tigers.

Abusemtex #37 Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27310 battles
  • [-RED-] -RED-

View PostZombot101, on 17 February 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

Not really just very different usage the 75mm/L70 is a stand off sniper gun, the 57mm Zis is a med to short range zap gun, and it can eat tigers.

I know that. But with 75/L71 you have a tier 6 gun that can penentrate up to tier 8. That 57mm fast firing cannon is pretty much useless at long ranges (drop of energy) and you dont wanna facehug tier 7+...
Surely you can outmanuver Tigers but its pretty hard when you face IS and the chance to meet lone tigers with enough room to manuver freely is just - low.

Meeting a KV in the open means 5/6 shots = +1 kill in PzIV. Those 57mm rounds loose to much energy over long distances and tend to bounce pretty often even on KV.

VojaSRB #38 Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 6365 battles
Sure, PzIV and M4 can mach the T-34, but they can't outmanouver it.
I never had a single problem with blasting throught PzIII-PzIII/IV-PzIV, the M4 or any other tier5 tank. I actually just want them to try and stop me...  :Smile-playing:

Nevanca #39 Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6169 battles
Upgrade all the necessary modules, train the crew up closer to 100% and attach Rammer/Vents, then come back and complain. This tank is a little beast especially when you can ambush the rear/side of any vehicle.

mlaurentiul #40 Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17316 battles
  • [BBRO] BBRO
zis-4 = fun tank to play with
and makes good money!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users