lorraine 40t does it sucks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

panzerknackers #21 Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14124 battles

View PostAgent_Smithx2, on 03 February 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

Lorraine is an excellent tank, especially when fully maxed and with the 100mm. It can murder IS-4's E-75s and even some T10's when played right
extremely maneuverable with the last engine
Agree. I really like it. Haven't done any of the motor upgrades yet. But i still can go 59k/h. You can deff bring the pain against all tier 8/9 meds and heavies

gazzer21 #22 Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40767 battles
  • [-NMZ-] -NMZ-
Just had a Lowe of all things call my lorraine a noob tank as I took him for his last 50% of health from behind lol

and it is still running the 90mm gun.

The only thing more ironic would be a Type 59 calling it or any thing a noob tank.

Panocek #23 Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29061 battles
Lorry 40t in terms of gun and mobility (when fully pimped out) outruns by far all other mediums. Only it can't take shots.

Good for hill running, as long as you manage load magazine before getting there (campinovka). Excellent for sniping, and, as any autoloaded French, good when your target is busy.

Crytis #24 Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 15371 battles
  • [TONKZ] TONKZ

View PostEeZee, on 03 February 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

So basically you are saying that the Lorraine is bad because of its size but then you complain that BatChat, which is a lot smaller and should be better by your standards, comes after it. Does not make a whole lot of sense  :lol:

Read it right dont what u wanna read. Thes sense of - 12t -> 75 -> 90 ALL very similar not even size, but also gameplay THEN a Med bigger than a Tiger H and at a tier an amx 90 on steroids. Does this makes sense to you? If yes, your pretty weird.

TheIcelandicOne #25 Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 15626 battles
  • [BIRDS] BIRDS
Trust me, anyone who says this tank sucks is an idiot and seriously needs to learn that armor is not everything, the 6 round revolver allows you to heavily damage if not kill most opponents in around 12 or so seconds, its second gun, the 90mm DCA 45 has a penetration of 212, more than enough for a tier 8 tank and its really fast so if you have to retreat to reload you can do so easily. This is not a rushing tank and should not be played as one, its more of a sniper or a fast flanker given the right situation, if you know how to use this tank to its full potential you will destroy everything on the other hand if you don´t have a clue of what your doing you will fail quite easily.

Claymored #26 Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9224 battles
Had lorraine's kill my T34 from 100% in less than 15 seconds.

Crytis #27 Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 15371 battles
  • [TONKZ] TONKZ

View PostClaymored, on 06 February 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

Had lorraine's kill my T34 from 100% in less than 15 seconds.

Looking at your stats i do know why....
3500 Battles only 2500 kills but FAR more important only 2.000.000 dmg done ind 3500 Battles....
T34: 60% hit rate?  :Smile_harp:
404 ep Average ?  :Smile_harp:
! under ! 1000 DMG/Battle?  :Smile_harp:

Hoffmannov #28 Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 18399 battles
well i have to say that i grinded trough the french tanks without premium and its good duable.

i had a great time with the AMX13 75 and a bit less with the AMX13 90 tanks, and then came the lorraine...
well i had carefully planned the research so i had free xp for the tracks, and the big 90mm and 2nd engine from the ARL44

but i have to say i liked the AMX series better, they are smaller, the lorry is a big and easy targed.
in the video of the first page the lorry is high ranked, and thus its indeed awesome to drive, but if you get in high tier groups, with like say 4 tier X tanks...
your just dead in 1-3 shots, hiding is difficult and artly loves you if you try to do so
still i did not do bad with the lorrain somehow but i didnt had so much fun with it.
so i was happy to get the batchat and i enjoy that very much, reload of the 100mm gun is even faster then the 90mm gun on the lorry
now i still drive the lorraine from time to time to get the biggest engine, then its elite to

my personal opnion, i like the amx series and the bat chat more then the lorry, but it aint bad, its just less fun to drive :D

regards

404 ep Averag?
well some people just dont have premium all the time, my avarange xp also dropped from 750 till 550 because i drive now without premium for months

T34: 60% hit rate?
thats not to bad, some players just have a much lower hit ratio
stats do not tell if a player is a good teamplayer or not, some people are very good but just die to soon in the leading assault bevore the could do much damage.. stats dont tell the entire story mate

WAROFHELIUM #29 Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11606 battles
use the speed to arrive when enemy just shot, spamm them dead and do not rush with the speed but run back, reload and again like that you own a monster

yes frenchies are new type op playing and changed the game its incredible tank like most tanks you just need to get used to it

Claymored #30 Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9224 battles

View PostCrytis, on 06 February 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

Looking at your stats i do know why....
3500 Battles only 2500 kills but FAR more important only 2.000.000 dmg done ind 3500 Battles....
T34: 60% hit rate?  :Smile_harp:
404 ep Average ?  :Smile_harp:
! under ! 1000 DMG/Battle?  :Smile_harp:

What a dick looking at your stats you payed money to get your top tanks, and no I don't use premium and never have.

Posted Image

T34 is stock with the shitty 105mm which frankly sucks against IS-4 and E-75 and has to be played as a sniper or it gets ripped apart which accounts for the 66% hit ratio.

posthumecaver #31 Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10147 battles
If u play like non armored fast TD with a turret, it is ok tank...

Stay back and try to not be alone when ur magazine empty, then u will be Ok...

Homer_J #32 Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31398 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostClaymored, on 07 February 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

sniper ...... 66% hit ratio.

Anyone see the discrepancy here?

A 66% hit ratio is not sniping, it is lobbing shells in the general direction of the enemy and hoping for the best.

Replica #33 Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26 battles
got lorra last week and i love it i only got 2 engines and i use 90mm but it owns every thing when i play it like support and with smart team that does not ask me to go on front line its

bluety #34 Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16389 battles
  • [CHN-E] CHN-E
I agree with you, I hated Lorraine at the beginning and then fall in love with it later. My Lorraine now has 72% win ratio, one of my best tank.  

If you want to master the tank, you should know it, understand it. Every tanks are special, but I would like to say Lorraine is a special special one. You will suffer if you drive it like other tanks, otherwise it is your enemy who will suffer.

The first Pros. of Lorraine is the match making advantage, AMX 13 75/90 always bring you into a Tier 10 Battle, Yes, you can be a good scouter in those battles, but in random battles, your performance as a scouter is too much constrained by your random teammates, normally consist of many noobs. So basically you do not control the battle in AMX 13 75/90. When you get Lorraine, life suddenly becomes easier, you are frequently in T8 battle, sometimes in T9, very rarely in T10. You will find that finally you can dominate the game.

The second Pros. is that your view range is 460 m, which allows you to scout, despite not as good as AMX 13, because of your big ass, still, you can scout a lot if you can find the right bush or be at the spot at the right time.

The third Pros. is the engine, 980HP, almost the same as the 70 tonnes IS-7. you can rush to the ambush bush very quickly at the beginning of the game and run away  like a rabbit when things goes to the wrong way.

The fourth Pros. is your 100mm gun, 232 pen. better than E50 and T54. You can hurt anything in the game, and since normally you are in T8/9 battle, your 1800HP burst damage can kill most tanks in 20s.

I understand why so many people hate Lorraine because I was one of them. There are many cons. for Lorraine too, just as any other tanks in WOT.

First Cons. No armor, nothing to explain here, anything on the battle field can penetrate you. You should be careful with small tanks, because to you they are not ignorable at all, some of their tinny guns actually have more DPM than those big guys. For example M4A3E8 has a 2400 DPM, which is higher than IS-4 and pretty much the same as IS-7. Yes, for you, damage wise the mighty IS-7 and the shitty M4A3E8 are pretty much the same, despite it sounds ridiculous. If you sit in an Type59 you can ignore the M4A3E8, but in Lorraine it is a different story.

Second Cons. Engine. Sound weird, but yes, many time it is the engine who kills you, because it drives you to the death so fast. You are damn fast and with damn thin armor and you are a hated-by-everyone and penetrable-by-everyone French tank, combined these four elements, some of you drive too far ahead of the line and get killed in very short time. Remind yourself "I'm fast, but I should stay behind instead of ahead". So you can draw less attention, unload more shells to enemies and find yourself a safe spot to reload when necessary.

Third Cons. 45 seconds fire vacuum, many cases fatal. You have to learn how to deal with it, smell the battle field and determine "should I unload the 3 shells to get a new magazine or wait a seconds, I do not have the 45s in the next 20s". One small trick here for everyone, Lorraine is actually a good rammer. You will very frequently find yourself in the following embarrassing situation, you killed an IS-3 with 5 shells, and hit the SU-85 with the last shell so he is pretty much low but still alive and shooting at you. Just 200HP away from finishing the job but god damn it, I can not shoot in the next 45s and it is open field I can not drive away. Yes, the answer is very simple,  ram the poor SU-85, if once is not sufficient, drive backwards and give him another one. Your powerful engine will give you the ram speed in short distance.

Remember, Lorraine is very special, do not drive it as you drive any other tanks. I used to be a T-54 driver, very bouncy and tough, can be driven into the enemy group, create lots of chaos and kill the chosen target and drive back alive. I think that is the reason of my early miserable Lorraine drive.  

View PostTheIcelandicOne, on 06 February 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

This is not a rushing tank and should not be played as one, its more of a sniper or a fast flanker given the right situation, if you know how to use this tank to its full potential you will destroy everything on the other hand if you don´t have a clue of what your doing you will fail quite easily.

theman73 #35 Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:03 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7568 battles
  • [RO1] RO1
Hi

I'm a mediums driver , i buy a type59 just to feed my T44 but finaly i discover french mediums

Now i realy think T44 and type59 are not medium tanks , they are so slow compared to french , they bounch everything in high tier battle .... simply , i dont like it anymore

But Lorraine  :) is drive like a medium , shot like a medium  :) , penetrate like a medium :) , this is how i think a medium tank must be , fast and shoting very fast , i simply love it

I reconaise i'm a lone wolf , with Lorraine my dream come true , you must be a lone wolf , attacking only whend a nice oportunity is there on the battlefield

Whend people will understand , armor , is not so important in this game , they will go all on french tanks

one example here

ShipTheNutz #36 Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 22721 battles
My Lorraine stats:
Games: 88
Wins: 66%
Avg. XP: 931

New record XP game with Lorraine video:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JtkXjDn-KiM

Dibbl3r #37 Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 41627 battles
Lorraine is awesome! Anyone who says it sux should go play another game...
Sidenote: it has extreme power and maneuverability for its weight, especially with the last engine and when you are out of ammo you can ram other tanks with great success. I remember a game when I put last 2 shells into annoying Type 59, and after that I rammed it couple of times to death (some 400 HP took only by ramming)!

websith #38 Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31014 battles
Having driven the AMX12t 13 75 and 13 90 and Lorraine. They are great tanks. However I at the moment coz I havent the engines for the Lorraine I tend to shoot the first clip and die, because I cant run. Got into the habit of doing this until I get the 3 yes £3 engines.... Other than only getting 6 shots off its fun to drive. Not

Dr_Wycior #39 Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 39359 battles
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN

View PostCrytis, on 02 February 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

... Lorraine. Just one thing: BIG, its a <removed> nightmare, in a bad way for the one who drives it. Too big for some fast forward scouting/<killing>, Big target + zero armor = failand then after the lorraine is the batchat?????? AFTER????? bat chat is a amx90 on steroids, why the <removed> does it comes AFTER the lorraine. Grinding up to the bat chat is pure pain so far... its my most hated tank this <removed> lorraine. YES IT SUCKS.Profanities removed. Please post in a more civilised tone. Warning added.- Bundin

I lol'd so hard. Not only Your opinion is full of superstitions, but You also got pwned by mod.
Lorraine 40 is awesomesauce, I have top engine and I am utilizing the DCA-45, because of superior fire rate and ammo bill, yeah. The 100mm works fine on my AMX50-100.

Minkes #40 Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9653 battles
The Lorraine has many strengths and many weaknesses.
If the playerbase would adapt and recognize that the Lorraine that shot 6 rounds will be unable to do shit for 30-50s, they would perform far worse than they do now.
Right now they rule because of dumb players.

The long reload time should have killed me in my Lorraine far more often than it did, because people just sit there and wait.
I'm at a loss why a tank that is so big and has no armor can do so much damage to the enemy team.

People really need to adapt to this tank, or better: all french tanks in general.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users