• This topic is locked This topic is locked
208 replies to this topic

kirstar #21 Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10252 battles
  • [316] 316
IMO french tanks are a little OP.

Because of this they are my primary target.  I take great joy in killing them before they rush the arty at the back.

However this is my opinion only.

If the stats show that good players do better with these tanks than other tanks then by definition thats OP :)  However I remember the type59 seeming to be immortal until we learned how to squish them.

If they do nerf them it should be very small.  And they should watch it carefully in case they need to unnerf them later.

BearlyArmored #22 Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9081 battles
  • [HFV] HFV

View PostBuflak_bacsi, on 03 February 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

If i remember right, only high tier lights and meds will be "adjusted". And yeah, they seem to be a bit OP, but...

... in my opinion it is, because mostly experienced players play them now. When the less experienced players will start playing with them, these french tanks will seem well balanced or even UP, compared to their counterparts.

I might be wrong though...

Exactly, I mean who drives high tier french tanks at the moment? Either players that play 40 battles a day and have already gathered experience with these tanks in beta or players with loads of free exp and gold to convert it. So yes, they may seem OP to avarege and noob players in their stock tier I - VIII tanks. I recently started to play the french tree too and I must say they are a lot of fun (especially in a platoon)but far away from OP! The players will learn how to cope with the french tanks - some players just need to adapt their play style a little.
To all "French are OP" whiners: Maybe it's just your incapability...

Hiraga #23 Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 8406 battles
I have played around 170 matches with Lorraine (I`m usually using the second 90mm gun) and I must say that IMO it is little bit too good. Maybe take down about 50-ish off damage and little from view range. I like the way that you have choice about the gun which you can decide according to your playstyle, but at the moment I find the guns little too good. Crew/module damage compensates alot compined with the reload times, in many battles I had to fight with 90secs reloading and then there isn`t much you can do for your team for the 90 secs.

Edward_Teague #24 Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32642 battles
French tanks are OP and they will be a nerfed.

As someone pointed it out already..

If WG didn't make them op who would play them?

Oh boo hoo my reload is 50seconds.....
My armour is made of glass.

I am just going to pawn ur face with six shots and find a house hide behind...

posthumecaver #25 Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10147 battles

View Postsven6661978, on 03 February 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

1 reason for nerf the french: 1 on 1 with medium t54 against bat chat...you dont never have a chance against bat chat

why?

take a look on the penetration from the french guns and the shooting ratio and then take a look on the gun from t54...you will see its really unbalanced

6 shots, 6 times penetration!!!

Don't drive alone with T-54 like u are immortal, hang out with other people then u will be fine...

When BatMobile empties its magazine, T-54 has DPM to kill him in 30s.....

Dynalon #26 Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17543 battles
One french tank is not OP, because you can easily handle it by using your brain, but 3 or more french tanks together, thats OP. Simply because they track you with first shot and then kill you, you need more tanks than 3 to counter it.

Reverend_Lovejoy #27 Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Translator
  • 7382 battles
  • [WWMR] WWMR
French tank + incoming HE shell =French toast ;)

Body_Count #28 Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 62527 battles
  • [322] 322
[post removed due to abusive language/Carriy]

Redleader #29 Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 11394 battles
  • [UN-SC] UN-SC

View PostEdward_Teague, on 07 February 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

French tanks are OP and they will be a nerfed.

As someone pointed it out already..

If WG didn't make them op who would play them?

Oh boo hoo my reload is 50seconds.....
My armour is made of glass.

I am just going to pawn ur face with six shots and find a house hide behind...

If these are your stats : http://worldoftanks....-Edward_Teague/ ---> you've only played some french.
There is a big diff between the french tanks, not only between light/med/heavy but even in the same tech tree.

The amx 13 75 was for me easier to handle then the lorraine 40t

I disagree on the nerf, IMO you're real good or really bad in french tanks.

Redleader #30 Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 11394 battles
  • [UN-SC] UN-SC

View PostBody_Count, on 09 February 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

Teams/platoons with high tier heavies who fight/stick together might have a huge impact on the game.
They are fast/organised cause havoc, sometimes spot arty ... you name it. (in case of the french they have a lot of firepower, in case of the type 59 they have a high survivability, and the t-54's are not to be underestimated to)
Try penatrating high tiers with the amx 13 75 ... didn't go through , we just scratched them ... well that's 6 shots wasted :)

Unlucky99 #31 Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3330 battles
Like other people have said already, load HE and rip them to pieces! You can penetrate them  no problem and do so much damage per shot and disable crew and modules so easily it pretty negates the fact that they have those six shots.

Gulyabani #32 Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 28354 battles
The OP part of the french tanks is the SIZE of their burst damage, not that they have burst damage but that burst damage is so high that it's nearly impossible to retaliate.

Wargaming has consistently introduced measures (and "bugs" :P) to make sure tanks dont pop up in smoke in seconds (spaced armor, normalization nerf, HE nerf, zero dmg criticals, etc) While all this is going, it's still possible for a low tier french tank to pop out & kill a full hp tier 9 tank in less time than the reload cycle of that tier9 and then dissapear using its high mobility.

So i expect the burst damage to be toned down a little, not too much so the French will still enjoy their high dpm but not high enough that they can take out a higher tier tank in one reload cycle. Otherwise i find the french tanks an interesting addition to the game.

DonGonzalesGacha #33 Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 34967 battles
  • [DAG0D] DAG0D
I played every french tank and i have to say the heavies don't seem really op to me except maybe the amx 50 100. Amx 50 120 might need a slight adjustment too but that's it.
The medium line is a whole other story. The amx 13 90 at least in my eyes is the most blatant OP thing i drove to date. It scouts like a dedicated t5 scout with its stealth size and speed, on top of that it hurts you with an insane burst of which a single shot already damages like a t8 med. I really loved the tank but there's no denying the facts here.
The Lorraine has a little bit less of that prowess as it loses the size and camo abilities but trades them for a gun that can hurt t9 heavies from the front. It took down countless löwes in one burst and it REALLY shouldn't be able to take down same tier heavies as fast as it does. Don't think it needs debate either does it?

What i'm basically trying to say is that i love the tanks and played them all but everyone that has played them should know that there is some candidates that are way above average in their damage output. Interestingly those seem to be not the top tanks though. This is probably due to the way they test them where you reach the top of a line too fast to really balance anything in-between.Not to mention the t8 prem bloat...

Nixouf #34 Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8499 battles

Actually it is, since the buff nerfs are not based on best players performance but on the average of all players performance, retarded racist

Also maybe do a little less platoon yourself and maybe your stats will fall under the level of the noobs you are criticizing ;)
And if you hadn't been such a noob yourself, you probably would know how to deal with them instead of getting owned and crying about it on the forums

posthumecaver #35 Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10147 battles

All the top guys playing French and having that crazy winning ratios are playing in Platoons, if a French a tank has a backup during clip loading, he is immortal, if he is alone, he is a sitting duck...

PixeIHunter #36 Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 251 battles
It's easier to cry nerf than to deal with them.

I mean, who cares about improving your gameplay? Let's just make everybody else play worse!

Seriously though, as high damage I can do in an AMX 13 90 under ideal circumstances, those circumstances are far between. If I catch you in your heavy tank with your pants down, you deserve what I'm about to do with you :).

Uncle_Flasher #37 Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 95262 battles
  • [_GUN_] _GUN_
Read this with great interest.

Just unlocked the top gun for my Lorraine and was shocked to discover a 50 sec reload.

Lots of Bat owners are telling me to stay at Lorraine as the bat has high repair costs and gets put in some monster fights.

Interestingly in the Lorraine i get put in lower tier fights that i did in my AMX 90, grinding that thing was pure horror.

With the amount of crits for no damage you get, 1 on 1 with a Type or T54 is a huge risk as while it takes 15 sec to unload all 6 shots, in that time they will give you 3 back ( assuming they are loaded when you first meet ) that all pen and do terrible module/crew damage.

Put that with the massive aiming time, no armour and huge reload, you have to play this as a hidden sniper, and run like hell when they see you.

The ones crying should try and play as a French med before they cry "OP" and sulkily demand a nerf.

brick128 #38 Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29702 battles

View PostGulyabani, on 10 February 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

The OP part of the french tanks is the SIZE of their burst damage, not that they have burst damage but that burst damage is so high that it's nearly impossible to retaliate.

Wargaming has consistently introduced measures (and "bugs" :P) to make sure tanks dont pop up in smoke in seconds (spaced armor, normalization nerf, HE nerf, zero dmg criticals, etc) While all this is going, it's still possible for a low tier french tank to pop out & kill a full hp tier 9 tank in less time than the reload cycle of that tier9 and then dissapear using its high mobility.

So i expect the burst damage to be toned down a little, not too much so the French will still enjoy their high dpm but not high enough that they can take out a higher tier tank in one reload cycle. Otherwise i find the french tanks an interesting addition to the game.
Potentially they can kill in one burst a higher tier tank, that,s right.

BUT.

That tank has to be alone without support. Also each tank gets two shots off in one drum cycle.
As you don't play the yourself I'll explane what that does to french light/med tanks.
1. Half your HP is gone.
2. If not instantly set on fire you loose with each shot a module or crew.
(tip. Shoot the turret ring, its big and easy to hit. This locks the turret and makes circling you useless.)

And one of the most forgotten things in this story is that even french tanks bounce and do 0 crits. So even in the case of a dumbass going on a lone adventure its not a sure kill.

Now that you see more moderate and bad players reaching these tanks you see more and more misuse of these beauties on the battlefield.

People who got killed by one because the went on a solo adventure think this is the way to play them.
They rush into the first high tier heavy and die before the get the second shot off.

Skwabie #39 Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
new tanks are meant to be OP. that's how the devs attract players and money.

-- as someone said before

edit: unless it's german

IronChariot #40 Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8215 battles
Im one of the "nerf french" advocates, but nowdays i noticed something about them, more and more people start using them, people like me who aren't good at playing paper tanks and they fail misserably to the point i wish i had a regular heavy in their place in my teams. They can eat everything on the battlefield, or die in the first 2-3 minutes, i saw platoon's of amx 50 120's ripping everything and saw others get destroyed in seconds. I believe once more "average" players get their hands on them, people might reconsider how much they need to be nerfed.

However i still think they need a bit of a penetration nerf as i saw AMX 50 100's just auto aim the front of tier 9 heavys and penetrate easily and thats not right, its also not right that a heavy, whose role is to be the front line brawler, the meat shield of the team, has to roll with backup bodyguards all the time because an AMX is on the battlefield. If my team lemmings, i should join them couse if i play the hero and defend the empty flank i will get ripped by an AMX? I play a heavy not a support tank or a "supported tank".

We'll live and see what WG does to them, i just hope they don't touch the light tanks too much as they are fine imo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users