[0.8.1] Custom Serverside Crosshairs!

98 custom crosshairs serverside

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
367 replies to this topic

Killatomate #1 Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19197 battles
98 accurate serverside crosshairs - good visibility - 13 shapes - 8 colors

Description:
This mod replaces the blue serverside crosshair with an accurate high contrast crosshair in the color of your choice and activates serverside crosshair by default. Crosshair mods such as "Reload Timer" still work.

Posted Image
default crosshair is not visible for everyone

Why use the serverside crosshair?
The clientside crosshair is very inaccurate. there are huge differences in serverside accuracy calculation and also the turret lags far behind the clientside crosshair on the screen. The serverside crosshair is simply more accurate. But the main reason for using serverside crosshair is server-lag. the serverside crosshair takes lag into account while the clientside crosshair doesnt. (very important when firing on the move or turning the turret!)
if you peek around a corner and fire at the enemy using the clientside crosshair, your shot often will hit a wall next to you, even though you had a clear shot at the enemy. thats because the server fired you gun from the position you were 2 seconds ago (still behind the wall).
If you have the serverside crosshair on the enemy, you will always hit him (unless you have paketloss of course).

Turret-lag when turning the turret:
http://www10.pic-upl...3i1evwnksyk.jpg
when turning the turret at max speed the gap between clientside crosshair and actual turret orientation becomes huge. even more with lag and paketloss. and even more when turning the hull. today i did a u-turn in my Lorraine and the difference between client crosshair and serverside crosshair was 90° (!) over a period of 5 seconds.
While the clientside crosshair is often totally off, the serverside crosshair is displayed with only a minor error of 40-100ms

Support for colorblind players
most game developers do not take into account that many players have trouble seeing certain colors.
The amount of players with color weaknesses is higher than one might think. Most players dont even know they have a weakness.
Red/Green weakness: aprox 15% of players
Blue weakness: less than 1% of players
I dont have a blue weakness but still i had trouble to see the blue default crosshair. That's why i have created this mod. All players should have equal chances. The optional "Crosshair Pack" offers crosshairs in 8 colors and good contrast so that all players get the chance to play with a perfectly visible crosshair.

13 different shapes
The "Crosshair Pack" includes many different shapes, such as: circle-shape, circle-dot-shape, semicircle-shape, square-shape and german shape.
If you have a color weakness you should pick a shape with high contrast.  

circle-shaped crosshair:
Posted Image

german shape:
Posted Image

Download:
Serverside Crosshairs (8.1):
http://www.mediafire...8zggoo7607cp4pv

thanks to garnet_auxo for updating the script files!

This mod changes zoom-levels of sniper-mode. if you want to set your own zoom levels, open the "input_handler" file and change it to your liking

use this catalog to find out which colors your eyes perceive best.
(some people have problems with red and green, others with blue. if a color looks blurry instead of sharp to you, dont pick it!)
Posted Image

(small crosshairs work better in 3rd person view)
Posted Image

more screenshots:
Spoiler                     

Popovic123 #2 Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 13436 battles
I didn`t like the white, so I took the Avatar file from your installation, and combined it with the green crosshair PzKpfwV shared with us here.

Thanks for sharing.

Killatomate #3 Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19197 battles
i could have offered more colors, you are right. but white has best contrast and therefore works great for colorblind people so that was my first choice.

which colors do you want?
my choice would be:
-yellow
-lime green
-red

any other useful (visible) colors? i have got an idea! post your favorite RGB color codes!

badabum #4 Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17420 battles
I might give it a try, but why don`t they (WG) make this the default crosshair if it`s the accurate one? :blink:

Popovic123 #5 Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 13436 battles

View PostKillatomate, on 08 February 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

i could have offered more colors, you are right. but white has best contrast and therefore works great for colorblind people so that was my first choice.

which colors do you want?
my choice would be:
-yellow
-lime green
-red

any other useful (visible) colors? i have got an idea! post your favorite RGB color codes!

Lime green would be nice. Tbh, I`m kinda used to green color of the crosshair, so I`m kinda biased towards it.

View Postbadabum, on 08 February 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

I might give it a try, but why don`t they (WG) make this the default crosshair if it`s the accurate one? :Smile_amazed:

Because they are saving on bandwith. And because they are assholes.

Dear user,
You are hereby issued with a 24h Read only status
For insulting development team of World of Tanks
Continuing theese actions will lead to more severe punishments.
cDa

Edited by cDa, 31 May 2012 - 03:36 PM.

Rockarola #6 Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 6444 battles
Good thinking. Some coloured functions in games can be hard for the colourblind.

+1 from me

Killatomate #7 Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19197 battles
i have added crosshairs in all colors. its available as optional download.

-Red
-Magenta
-light Blue
-Cyan
-Green
-Yellow
-Orange

that should do it. wait! i forgot the black crosshair! :D
maybe black crosshair with white/grey outline?

PAKFA #8 Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12974 battles
+1.
Thanks Killa, exactly what I wanted in my Request topic. You Rock !

guguloi #9 Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

Heart Smasher

• Player
  • 40897 battles
It is possible to put reload time in it?

darkx #10 Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15954 battles
Is it possible to have circle instead?  :Smile-hiding:

PAKFA #11 Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12974 battles

View Postguguloi, on 08 February 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

It is possible to put reload time in it?
Use whatever crosshair mod you like, then instill this mod, and in Settings fiddle with the sliders and disable only what you need - you don't need to put all to 0.

For example I only made 0 the Gun Marker slider rest are at 90 as default + the a crosshair mod and it's all the same as before all data, timers except, I dont have the client aiming crosshair, but the server one instead.

Killatomate #12 Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19197 battles
i have added a "1337 Black" crosshair (Black&White high contrast). For people who cant live without the color black. also works great for colorblind people.

View Postdarkx, on 08 February 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

Is it possible to have circle instead?  :Smile-hiding:
no. i guess you would have to script your own crosshair. since WG can "update" the game files any time, its not worth the effort.

Arctander #13 Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
Works great! Thanks.

Arinthian #14 Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
Greetings from the NA server. Many of us are already finding your mod extremely useful. Thank you so much from all of us for making this wonderful mod. And a special thanks from me personally for making one in black! :Smile_great:

PAKFA #15 Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12974 battles
I don't want to spoil anyone's joy, but I have changed back to client crosshar  <_<
For some reason I was playing very bad with only the server crosshair...

Maybe for others will work, but as much as I wanted to work for me, to improve my gameplay, it didn't, it was the opposite it made it worse. Bummer.

MobiusOne #16 Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:29 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21430 battles
  • [TOMI] TOMI

View PostKillatomate, on 08 February 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

i have added a "1337 Black" crosshair (Black&White high contrast). For people who cant live without the color black. also works great for colorblind people.

Excuse me, could you do the same but in reverse?? I mean black border and inside white. I would really love that

Killatomate #17 Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19197 battles

View PostMobiusOne, on 09 February 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

could you do the same but in reverse?? I mean black border and inside white. I would really love that
already done. i have added a crosshair collection (17 crosshairs) as additional download. should satisfy everyone's needs ;)

if you guys have any other wishes, such as crosshairs that look like a pink pony, better ask now while i am still in the mood :D jk

Reverend_Lovejoy #18 Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Translator
  • 7253 battles
  • [WWMR] WWMR

View PostPAKFA, on 09 February 2012 - 01:13 AM, said:

I don't want to spoil anyone's joy, but I have changed back to client crosshar  <_<
For some reason I was playing very bad with only the server crosshair...

Maybe for others will work, but as much as I wanted to work for me, to improve my gameplay, it didn't, it was the opposite it made it worse. Bummer.

How did it make the gameplay worse?
Did you miss more often than before ?
Combined with ping, did you spend too much time getting the crosshair to aim where you wanted ?
Was the crosshair just butt ugly ?

Curious, since I am considering this mod myself http://forum.worldof...le_honoring.gif

NoblePlatoon #19 Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I would have been happy to download this mod, but the number of junk pop-ups and redirects to ad sites made me close-out your download page and say "forget it." Please chose a more friendly hosting site, and I will try it again.

HODOR_ #20 Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19598 battles
  • [OMNI] OMNI
Does your crosshair still indicates the penetrability (if this is a word) of the enemy tank?