Patton vs. Bat Chat.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
86 replies to this topic

_Zylark_ #41 Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:18 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10945 battles
  • [DSR] DSR
French tanks have teached me to count to six...

They are formidable opponents though, but only insofar as you fight them on their terms. When I'm in a platoon, the frenchies are usually easy pickings. To take one out really do require 2-3 tanks working together. 1v1 you will be toast, no matter what you are driving of equivalent tier/class. At least on open ground with no-one interfering.

But it works both ways naturally. In WoT, few things are as fun as playing in a three-man platoon with french mediums from AMX12t and upwards. You just swarm the opposition, knock them out, go hide a bit to reload, rinse and repeat. It's like a swarm of wasps. Each individual sting may not be all that harmfull, but 18 of them in less than a minute...

Given some range and cover, my E50 will take out a BatChat with little to no problems. Once I get the best gun for the T54, I imagine that will do as well. The problem is when moving from cover to cover and getting tracked...

As for the Patton, I've not played it. But I'd think the same holds true. Distance and cover. Providing a hard target, where some shots against you will miss. And under no circumstances getting tracked in the open  :Smile-bajan2:

Providing one do get past shot number six, it is a simple matter of storming his position.

Which is why, if you promise not to tell anyone, that I usually in my AMX13-75 tend to fire off 3-4 shots, then reload. I am sure, I am not the only one able to count to six...

D0va_SPALE #42 Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

First Sergeant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 16476 battles
To beat a Batchat, there are a few basic things that you should do right, and those things are pretty much essential in the basic Patton strategy.

1. Do not engage it alone, unless you're in guerilla mode and have the advantage of the terrain.

2. Lure it out and try to trap it in between you and your fellow heavies, which a Patton should always have near him, seeing you are an excellent support tank.

3. Hills + Patton + Batchat = Dead Batchat, simply. If you play hull down peek a boo, he stands no chance. Your higher alpha will usually take care of the batmobile with ease, and against a hulldown peek a boo Patton the batmobile can't utilize his revolver.

Celestia #43 Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16119 battles
  • [READ] READ
Take away the 100mm from the Lorrane40t and then you can begin balancing it. (Still overpowered with the 90mm tbh)
Bat.Chat needs a mobility nerf, and something should be done so it cannot do 30% more average damage/game than the other tier 9 meds.

Wait until 7.2 for the Nerf Bat to hit these tanks into submission!

N0Lim1t #44 Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22202 battles
  • [BHD] BHD
idont know what im doing wrong:

E-50: 370 Battles 56% winrate

Patton: 164 Battles 45% winrate

i think i will quit this game because i suck

AngryBear #45 Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9310 battles
Well in random games at least american mediums are generally useless against french tanks.

Situations where you can decide how things play or turn out are rare and depend on too many random factors.

French tanks do have a new fresh style of playing.
They have as little or even less armor.

However its damn pointless 1 on 1 (which is 90% of all situations you'll face in random matches since nobody pays all that much attention or hides untill you're dead and then come out.. wtf is up with that btw, why doesnt anybody understand basic tactics of providing more then 1 target and thereby diffusing enemy dmg)

6 shots and you're dead or about to die.
All shots will pen.
Accuracy and dmg per shot are simply to great.

Perzel #46 Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 17813 battles
Had a fight with a BatChat in my Patton a few seconds ago. He had 30% and I 100%. I killed him, but lost 90% of my hp during this fight because I couldn't onehit him.  French mediums are way to OP.

Convi #47 Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6557 battles
I don't know why, but I have thought that Frenchies are version 2.0 of americans. Why?
a) Not armor like USA tanks
B) Faster
c) Better penetration
d) Even more DPM :>
Same goes with patton ;)

CaptainMastiff #48 Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13180 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
If I stumble upon one on my own I accept my fate... I do a lot of wiggling to attempt to make him bounce off my turret but it rarely works... the guy makes swiss cheese of me in seconds.

I'm out paced so I can't run, out gunned so I can't beat him, the only thing I can do is "hope" he misses his shots and then I have 60 odd seconds to beat him. Usually that doesn't work and his first 3 shots practically have melted my crew into a pool of blood and my modules are mostly gone... He knows in the time he lands 6 shells into me I will have only fire 2/3 back.

Only way I've really defeated one in my patton is by luring him out in the open and screaming at the arty to help when I kept him tracked. Other than that I can't say I've taken one on by myself, currently I think the Patton is suddenly a big underdog... It sucks to be the slowest T9 medium, though it sucks even more we're the slowest by some way.

Thor_Hammerschlag #49 Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 11843 battles

View PostFruzzle, on 16 February 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

Right what am I supposed to do? :mellow:

He shoots faster, drives faster and we both have no armour. Only when he wants to fight where I'm hulldown or something and he's in the open can I win.

He chooses where to fight me, when gun is empty he can outrun me no problem. I'm at a loss! Help me fellow patton drivers.

There is a true problem about that.
Imo the Bat-chat outclasses every T9 medium, but especially the patton because it lacks armor as well.
Really there is a huge balance issue with T9 meds with the rise of the bat-chat-batmobil-batillion.

Regards,

Hammerschlag

Edward_Teague #50 Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24266 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
HE has been gimped too much.
Maybe back in the day would go through pre 7.2...

Now no way.

Edward_Teague #51 Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24266 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Batchats are OP.
I fear them in my t-54 / e50 and Patton.

They unload on ur face and then they are gone. Only t-54 with engine unrestricted can slightly keep up.

Volatile_Squirrel #52 Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 20911 battles
  • [CRY] CRY
I saw AMX13 90 just standing in the distance and shooting some guys down below. And I said to myself "You're doomed buddy!" and load HE into my gun. First shot to his side took about 20% of his hp. Second took about 11%.

Long story short, my Patton does not have HE shells anymore.

I simply doubt that BatChat will do worse than this guy.

Edward_Teague #53 Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24266 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
HE is a myth.
It was there back in beta and when game came out of beta when u could kv troll with 152 and take 30% out of is7.

HE today is as useful as a chocholate fire guard .

Loofah #54 Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22733 battles

View Postsnokey, on 22 February 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

idont know what im doing wrong:

E-50: 370 Battles 56% winrate

Patton: 164 Battles 45% winrate

i think i will quit this game because i suck

You may be driving Patton like a german med. Hilltops, stick to them! This tank is made of 3 things: viewrange, gun depression and DPM, while E50 is decent armor, accuracy, more accuracy and even more accuracy. I have pretty bad stats with Patton because the grind with 180 pene gun was terrible, and even with the top gun I got thrown into battles I couldn't win. But top turret and engine made all the difference, I have installed optics and now this tank is a perfect spotter-killer combo.+ matchmaking randomly hates people so you may be playing it very good, just MM can ruin everything

On fighting with Chat - I was basically winning a fight by peek-a-boo (although took a bad beating in the process from E50), but then he suddenly took some time to accelerate and I have missed when he suddenly appeared in front of me going 65km/h (a bit of lag, a bit of wrong milisecond to take the shot - he just zoomed in front of me). He shot and hit me and before I have reloaded he shot me once more on the move finishing my Patton off.
BAtChat is simply crazy fast and very small, extremely hard to hit, while Patton is pretty slow and big. This doesn't really help. Also Chat doesn't have Lorrs flaws - it actually has good gun depression and good accuracy on the move... and he can penetrate IS4 without that much effort if you manage to hit lower plate,, while 105mm of Patton simply fails quite often and at 150+m accuracy actually makes a difference...

Yamaxanadu #55 Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 1042 battles
  • [YATTA] YATTA

View PostEdward_Teague, on 28 February 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

HE today is as useful as a chocholate fire guard .
Tell it to BatChats which were killed by ML-20 HE shells.

Loofah #56 Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22733 battles

View PostYamaxanadu, on 28 February 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

Tell it to BatChats which were killed by ML-20 HE shells.

Tell it to Lorraine who got only 600 damage from 203mm Object 212's gun direct hit.
Tell that to AMX13-75 who survived KV shot to the face and lost only 380 HP.
Tell that to Lorr that got hit for 63 damage by 90mm Pershing's HE.
Tell that to AMX13-90 who got hit in lower plate for 83 damage - 90mm HE.
Tell that to AMX12t who got hit by 105mm HE to the turret front for 126 HP.

As you can see, this whole "crazy HE damage" is a myth. 152mm HE shots don't happen  often and they don;t penetratte unless you hit the flank at good angle or some frontal weakspot . But GL loading HE when you don;t know if you'll see the side or even the whole tank after those 8-16s (that's how long it takes for high-tier tanks with good HE to reload) - and then you are left with a useless HE shell. Shooting BC's front with HE deals less damage than to E75's turret front.

So, while penetrating HE shots happen, they don't happen reliably and counting on the is pure stupidity, just as counting on ammoracking that type over there. Yes it happens, but not reliably enough.

AgentOfBolas #57 Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 18078 battles
  • [1_CH] 1_CH
Ok, here is what I think.

1. Patton have no effective armor, same as BatChat. But Patton have hudge place in the middle of hull called "shoot me here = ammo rack" and BatChat's ammo rack is on REAR of this tank or you can try to shoot back of his little turret.

Patton BatChat - 0:1

2. Both tanks can deal good damage.
Hmmm... You started this topic so I can assume you know the answer whitch tank have better DPS.

Patton BatChat - 0:2

3. Both tanks are agile but BatChat is faster and it accelerates better. Patton can turn in a place.
Still, frenchie wins.

Patton BatChat - 0:3

4. "Approach BatChat with your teammate, do not go alone"
LOL - and what if BatChat got a friend?
When you fight 2 vs 1 you can kill all tanks in a game so this is no argument for me.

Patton BatChat - 0:4

5. Spotting! Patton is "superior spotter, eye of the landforce"... ok, but BatChat got only 20 meters worse spotting then Patton and due to its speed it will move to spotting position faster then Patton. That's why on CW BatChat is better spotter then Patton.
But I can give draw here. just to make sure that Patton will have 1 point.

Patton BatChat - 1:5

If I can be honest - I've got Elite Patton with 3 color camo.
And at the moment I'm playing french med tree line in order to get BatChat.
M46 is waiting for better times in my garage.

Unfortunately Patton is no match for this little french fuk.

dolofonos #58 Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 28363 battles
  • [PNX-R] PNX-R
Bat-chat needs buf

AgentOfBolas #59 Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 18078 battles
  • [1_CH] 1_CH

View Postdolofonos, on 01 March 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

Bat-chat needs buf

Troll, go away.

WeirdAlTankovic #60 Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9645 battles
if you survive the six shot barrage and he tries to flee he will be majorly owned if, by chance, you aim on his tracks and immobilize him.
no armor, no speed, no gun. only some extra peeking holes.