Polish Tech Tree in World of Warplanes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Guthwulf1 #1 Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25499 battles
  • [OFO] OFO
I got some proposal for full polish tech tree. It's posibble because polish technical thought was alvays in torch of world. Before and after second war we was just behind greatest world powers. I think it is more possible than in the field of tanks.
This showing my idea of pre alpha polish tech tree from early 20s to late 50s (tiers X are made in 1958 and 1959/60).
Posted Image
Graphics is made of german tech tree, but if someone want to modernize this my proposal to background is:
Spoiler                     
It will be nice to see at least cool graphic :)
EDIT:
As can you see guys only three of this planes are made by soviets, but in fact those planes are polish modifications so they are other then their soviet predecessors :) (just like chinesse type 59 so in my opinion this planes can be in polish tech tree).

PriorityRiot #2 Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 42870 battles
  • [1PDN] 1PDN
:facepalmic:

How do you want to balance it? From a historical point of view even the russian techtree is a joke. until late 44 russian aviation wasnt able to compete with american/britain let alone german designs. Arial warfare was won by western allies greater numbers, though german designs were 5+ years ahead of them (Me262, Ta152, Horten IX).

Guthwulf1 #3 Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25499 battles
  • [OFO] OFO
Those planes dont need special balance, just check out their stats and capabilities. For example As (Ace) is polish version of Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star with similar performance .
Spoiler                     
Or PZL.55 its somethink like BF-109 or Spitfire with line engine, advenced avionics and even pressure chamber.
Posted Image
Maybe you dont know but before war, Poland was one of pioniers of aviation, and designet lots of interesting solution's, for example first plane in the system of flyinding wing or tailless. Lots of country's before war flyied on polish machines like Romania, Greece, Hungary or Turkey.

First think is that you dont know russian tech tree, second but still very important, soviet union allready have working jet and rocket planes when germans freshly thinked about this. I mean machines like BI-1 (1940)(БИ-1)
Posted Image.
Or obj. 302/302P (1936)
Spoiler                     

They just never used their potential during the war, from reasons that healty man cannot understad.

galama112 #4 Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2805 battles
i think this is a good idea but wargaming announced that they will put 100 planes per national tech tree

Poekie #5 Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 2991 battles

View PostGuthwulf1, on 18 February 2012 - 04:06 AM, said:

Those planes dont need special balance, just check out their stats and capabilities. For example As (Ace) is polish version of Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star with similar performance .
Spoiler                     
Or PZL.55 its somethink like BF-109 or Spitfire with line engine, advenced avionics and even pressure chamber.
Posted Image
Maybe you dont know but before war, Poland was one of pioniers of aviation, and designet lots of interesting solution's, for example first plane in the system of flyinding wing or tailless. Lots of country's before war flyied on polish machines like Romania, Greece, Hungary or Turkey.

First think is that you dont know russian tech tree, second but still very important, soviet union allready have working jet and rocket planes when germans freshly thinked about this. I mean machines like BI-1 (1940)(БИ-1)
Posted Image.
Or obj. 302/302P (1936)
Spoiler                     

They just never used their potential during the war, from reasons that healty man cannot understad.

Russians were smart when it came to war; Huge population but not that educated > build warstuff that can be used with minimal training. It's a cheap but practical solution, operator got killed? Replace with next operator.

theta0123 #6 Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 5614 battles
  • [FHA] FHA

View PostFolterknecht, on 18 February 2012 - 03:49 AM, said:

though german designs were 5+ years ahead of them (Me262, Ta152, Horten IX).
actually that is not true. Because propellor planes kept being superior in almost every exept speed and acceleration well up to the korean war. The Me262 was devestating against bombers but it was a easy target in a dogfight against allied fighter aircraft. ME262 and other jet pilots knew they had to fly in, release there payload and Get out as fast as possible

Compare it to the Me110 in the battle of britain. Deadly in ambushes......but very very vurnable in a dogfight against single engine aircraft.
And the Me262 had very low thrust at lower speeds, wich also limited its capabilities.

Also the ME262 was riddled with flaws. Like for example the lifespan of the Jumo engines. 50 flying hours and a whole new engine was needed
And the allies where also coming with there jet engine fighters. The US with the P-80 shooting star and the british where faster then the yanks with the gloster meteor
The design also dint influenced much planes post war. Only the soviets took elements over. Actuall rocket technology is what was 10+ years ahead. The V2 for example.

Edit=how could i forgot about the De haviland vampire wich flew already in 1943!
Edit=Also the gloster meteor went into production 3 months before the Me262 and it had bigger numbers produced but the british where afraid to use them should one be shot down over german terrritory

Edited by theta0123, 24 May 2012 - 09:42 AM.

galama112 #7 Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2805 battles
i wont think it will work i am afraid because every nation will get 100 planes per tech tree..

i have no idea how that is even possible but yh

Edited by galama112, 03 June 2012 - 06:30 PM.

Usertmp #8 Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Translator
  • 24122 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostGuthwulf1, on 18 February 2012 - 04:06 AM, said:

Posted Image.
Or obj. 302/302P (1936)
Spoiler                     

Aaahhh, the good old BI-1 and BI-6!

Oh by the way. They didn't work. Planes plummeting down every time the plane exceeded the 800km/h mark, without possibility to recover, cannot be called 'working'.

Ronineter #9 Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 18025 battles
  • [READ] READ
isnt this supposed to be on the wowp forum? i geus it will get more attention there from wg than here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users