T-28

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

Sheogorath #21 Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:15 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostTaliesinDS, on 28 September 2010 - 07:02 PM, said:

Anyone else get weird matches with this tank ?
With all my other tanks win/lose is about 50/50 but with the t28 its 75% defeat =/
And i seem to always be on the same side on some maps.
Makes it real hard to get the next tank...
I often only get 35 exp for a battle :(
It's just a matter of learning the tank...the T-28 really isn't very good, but it does have a few strengths...with the engine upgraded you can go almost as fast as a light, for instance.  Although you're still at a disadvantage there, since you're a light with the silhouette of a heavy.

My advice is either to pretend to be a light tank and go scouting, or pretend to be a TD and hide.  If you want to do actual fighting, it's best to find a heavy to stick with, or move in a pack of other T-28's.

TaliesinDS #22 Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:35 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
That would mean im so good on my other tanks that just me being there means we win 25% of the time.
I'm not that good :P
It just seems to me that that for some reason i end up in weaker teams most of the time.
I usually ride around near the base attacking anything that gets close to arty.

Edit:

I've had 40 battles on my T28 : 10 victories (25%)
PZIII:65 battles,  32 victories (49%)
SPII: 85 battles, 46 victories (54%)
Grille, 38 battles, 22 victories (57%)
PZIIIA, 29 battles, 16 victories (55%)
SU-18: 27 battles, 13 victories (48%)

Looks weird doesn't it ?

Flyntlock #23 Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 24985 battles
T-28 is one of my "keepers" fully upgraded its makes a fine hunter killer of other mediums/lights and its not a bad scout as well, and joy of joys one of my best nights was taking down a Tiger in the circle of death with no assistance, for that alone i love my little T-28, That and i never lose credits on it even with a destroyed tank and a team lose.

vince_grant #24 Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8550 battles
The tank is a joke. You take 1-3 hits and you're dead, even in the rare low tier battles. The best way to treat this ***** lame excuse of a tank, is to press "r" 3 times, go get a drink, come back and exit the battle and pick another tank to go have fun with.

Never have grinding 13k xp felt so damn long.  :angry:

Edited by Sykotic, 30 September 2010 - 04:33 PM.
Editted for bad language

TomaszWadas #25 Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:38 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
I love my old T-28 its definitly best tank on his tier (full upgradet)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its fast, its  agile, and has a very strong and customs gun!

f2k #26 Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 762 battles
To me, the T-28 is a strange beast...

If you read some of my other posts, I’ve been spending quite some time moaning about the grind towards the KV upgrade. But now that I’ve gotten the big gun installed, things are slowly changing for the better...

With the 85mm gun installed, I can actually hurt other tanks. I’ve even damaged a Tiger with it – albeit only for a few percent... But the thing is... Getting that gun requires some 6000+ XP for gun, turret, and suspension upgrades. That’s almost half of what’s needed for the KV upgrade. And I still get no more than a few hundred XP per battle... Yes, I can actually hurt things now, but I can’t one-shot tanks the way that higher tier tanks can one-shot me. So I damage them and then I get killed by the return fire.
In truth, I’m not sure if the big gun is worth the XP... If you’re planning on elite’ing you tank and keeping it in the garage, then it probably is. But if you’re going for the KV, then just grind it out, save as much XP and credits as you can and then sell the T-28 as soon as possible.

As I said... The T-28 is a strange beast... Fully upgraded it’s still not quite fast enough to scout, not quite strong enough to really hurt other tanks, and nowhere near durable enough to go toe-to-toe with the opposing heavies (which I’m seeing a lot of after upgrading the gun). It is, in my opinion, a sort of jack-of-all-trades medium tank. It can scout (a bit) and it can slug it out (a bit). It seems to be a tank that thrives on picking of the wounded stranglers hanging around the fringes of the battle and then rushing in to cap the base once the opposition has been whittled down...

Fodder #27 Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:50 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
If the T28 wasn't in direct line for KV/IS it would be largely ignored imo.

Grinding it out myself atm, 6k left to go :/

JesseR92 #28 Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:47 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I very much like my T-28 perhaps it is only because I have learned to use it effectively,Fully researched it is formidable.

Effective at any range.
Good penetration and damage.
Good speed and acceleration.
Armour is adequate for a medium.

I might be a little Biased but I love this thing.

Feindfeuer #29 Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8839 battles
It's hard to get xp at first, the scouting tactic mentioned is viable. Also you can do antiscout role, stick with your Artillery and intercept the enemy scouts. Your stubby 76mm should be able to take them out. Other than that, stay with other tanks, use them and the map to always get good cover as you'll lack any real armor and with the standard engine you'll be rather slow.

Invest into new suspension and engine first, so you can do the scouting better. After that head for the 57mm or better the 85mm Gun. The T28 is incredibly bad tank at the beginning but fully upgraded it becomes a great money tank with minimal repair costs and the ability to damage almost everything and some decent speed. So, after the long grind, don't sell it for some quick bucks, it's a great fallback tank if the first few rounds in the new KV are not going as well.   ;)

commandx #30 Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:52 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostZingFreelancer, on 14 September 2010 - 12:06 AM, said:

With all due respect, that tank suck.
It suck so hard it makes typhoon look like child's play.

Let me explain, armor plating is at thin as a light tank, so if you poke your head out of cover or stop moving at max speed. Boom your dead.
Now even them best, most expensive gun is rather inaccurate, takes a lot of time and I mean a shit loads of time to zero out. By that time if you are enemy sees you, bye bye T-28.
My commander is at 100 while my gunner and driver is at 81. Yet some shitty panzer 3 tank with a tinny cannon can drive, stop for a second, shoot, hit, and keep on drivig right away (note my friend in that german tank didnt had his crew leveled up)
Now german tank panzer 3 have like 70/50 armor, his size is small and it has only 10 less HP fully upgraded than T-26 fully upgraded. Survivability of T-28 is terrible, sniping is ridiculously hard.

Now this tank would probably be very reliable and good if you was matched up with light and medium tanks. But when your in a game with 8 heavy tanks (KV's Tigers, ect), what the hell should you do????

Oh come on, your whamming on it far harder then it deserves, if you know how to use it you can usually pull off one or two kills even in the heavy matches. KV's are like blimps with a bazooka, if you remember how to duck and cover that fat pig takes forever to get you. Even with the main gun being able to hit the broad side of a barn 2 times in 3, if you manage things right you'll have more kills then deaths, 4-5 kills per match isn't too difficult in it long as arty doesn't notice you.

panzergulo #31 Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18410 battles

View Postconkeror, on 08 October 2010 - 08:56 PM, said:

One thing I wonder tho ... Would I deal more damage with HE on it ? I figured with the nice penetration the 85mm got I should stick to AP .. ? I always forget to change ammo ..
Depends on what kind of battle you end up into, and what kind of duty you're doing. In low-tier battles and as a scout-killer/SPG-hunter, you probably do better with HE only, but if you want to support heavies or wolf-pack with other mediums (and fight against heavies and mediums, that is), you really want to have that 120mm of penetration the 85mm gun can provide. As an all-around, I would use AP, as the 85mm gun is a high velocity gun, but it's not too bothersome to keep some HE shells in your locker if you want to switch.

For the record, I have killed a King Tiger with my T-28/57, circling around it for probably two minutes, while my team's low-tier artillery helped me, and I was able to dodge all its rounds, and I was able to destroy a crippled KV that tried to help the KT, and I dealt the final shot that brought the KT down. So yeah, with luck, with good teamwork (and unexperienced enemies), the T-28 can do miracles. If it could keep all its other stats but received better armor and higher hit points, it would be as awesome as any VK medium or T-34/85. But the vehicle is what it is, a glass cannon... can deal lots of damage, but can't really receive it, thanks to paper-thin armor and low hit points.

Communism #32 Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:36 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Using this tank now, and the matchmaking system is basically fully stacked against this tank.
With only 1 thing upgraded on the tank (57mm ZiS-4), you get matched up with teams with 6+ heavy tanks, with 4 being KV3 or higher.
And when you get the 1/10 chance of getting a match where you are top tier, you get 1-2 shot by tier 2 tank destroyers who WILL be aiming for you since you are the largest, juiciest target and for some reason have the worst armor.
This tank even loses when facing more than one tier 2-3 tank at a time, which means you are completely dead in the 40% or so of the encounters that will be you vs 2+ tanks since you're going to need to scout for your team in lower matches since those are usually filled with newbies who will camp spawn with every member of the team even if half your team is SPGs.

Valeriadrina #33 Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12826 battles
Isn`t T28 actually missing its traditional assault tank armor upgrade option? I know these were used in Finnish front during WW2 early on. But of course your speed would go down with it.

http://www.wwiivehic...medium/t-28.asp

jnzl #34 Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:28 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostValeriadrina, on 12 October 2010 - 09:59 AM, said:

Isn`t T28 actually missing its traditional assault tank armor upgrade option? I know these were used in Finnish front during WW2 early on. But of course your speed would go down with it.

http://www.wwiivehic...medium/t-28.asp

Yes, these were upgrades around 1941, for 80mm frontal & 40mm side armor, putting it with the abilities to go up against early war pzIV, the running gear made it slow, but not that slow, the t-28 ingame at the moment appears to be a early 30s armor thickness, in which case it should be classed as a light 'heavy' and matching up against PzIII ausf A etc, not a medium tank at all with its current stats.

fragal #35 Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:54 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 88 battles
T28 is a keeper for me, i love the 57mm zis 4 and the 85 is awesome ground through and got the kv with itbut i'll never sell it.
It's a fun tank very fast and very powerful guns once upgraded you can take a good chunk off a tiger 2 with both guns and running in a platoon in packs is just sooo much fun - will be using it to farm once i have crew upgraded. looks funky as hell and the high profile makes you an easy target but play it to its strengths and keep moving you'll have a ball.

Kameho #36 Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 7844 battles
  • [LOLI] LOLI
I love the T28, cause its a big target, no sloped armor, it has a massive hull on the size and is easy to hit.

Killed a squad of 4 T-28 with my luch, desperatly defending my base.
ever since that day, i've loved seeing T-28 on the battlefield. :3

TomaszWadas #37 Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:21 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
^
I love enemy scouts like Leopard and Lucht when im on T-28 too :) Easy to kill :) my 2 shot on my t28.
Full upgrade T28 ist one of best tank to eliminate enemy scouts :)

Starsteam #38 Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:29 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postpanparowka, on 17 October 2010 - 04:21 AM, said:

^
I love enemy scouts like Leopard and Lucht when im on T-28 too :) Easy to kill :) my 2 shot on my t28.
Full upgrade T28 ist one of best tank to eliminate enemy scouts :)
I agree, it is also awesome for the F30 with AP rounds. :Smile-izmena:

tadada #39 Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17228 battles
  • [GNIUS] GNIUS
some of the people who start the game don't get the fun of it and quit.

80 % of them will quit at T28 stage.

they start 2-3 lines> they hit T28> shift delete.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users