Its funny being alive

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

X534 #1 Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23475 battles
  • [BAC0N] BAC0N
This topic is based purely on the goodwill of getting a good laugh out of ourselves, basically get one of the stupidest things you have ever done in real life (if you want to) and just post it below.

here's mine (even though it happened a few years ago) i was walking upstairs and across the hall to my room, of course being myself i wasn't really down to earth, meaning i was looking straight ahead but not taking anything from my surroundings, so i was walking forward and then bam!!

i had just walked face first into a closed door, after realising my mistake i opened the door and tried to pick up the peices of my shattered pride :lol:

klesk #2 Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28883 battles
OK... I was walking very fast and entered my room, and doorknob got stucked with my belt, so I managed to pull the whole doors out of the wall, and doors fell on my TV and broke it.

I had troubles explaining what happened to my family  :D

X534 #3 Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23475 battles
  • [BAC0N] BAC0N

View Postklesk, on 19 February 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

OK... I was walking very fast and entered my room, and doorknob got stucked with my belt, so I managed to pull the whole doors out of the wall, and doors fell on my TV and broke it.

I had troubles explaining what happened to my family  :D
now you know why people on the forums say "don't let the door hit you on the way out"

doors are very dangerous things  :P

DustyBlackDragon #4 Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 345 battles
Worest tihng this morning was i couldn't find my watch when i woke up panicaing i searched everywere in house and basicaly trashed my bedroom and living room trying to find the dam thing then i looked down and noticed i had fell asleep with it on :D

steview162 #5 Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

Brigadier

• Clan Diplomat
  • 33656 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-
Cycling to uni one day, come up to a red light. There's a funeral cortege stopped as well. I assumed they were turning

left, and as I was going straight, I went to the outside. They didn't go left. So picture 15 stone of me desperately trying

to overtake a funeral cortege on a bike before I got pushed into the other lane.  :huh:  :P Didn't dare look into any of

the cars. As they say here, I was fecking scundered.

DougHole #6 Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 7178 battles
I went to open a door one morning at a flat I used to live in and the doorknob came off in my hand. When I was fiddling around with it wondering about the fitting my girlfriend opened the door into my face and the knob landed on my foot.

skaerials #7 Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13595 battles
Being clever i showed my nephew how to do a donut on my road quad!

It flipped right over throwing me off and landed on my leg trapping it...........

How funny was that, er not very :P

klesk #8 Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28883 battles

View PostX534, on 19 February 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

now you know why people on the forums say "don't let the door hit you on the way out"

doors are very dangerous things  :P

Dont let the door hit your TV on your way in  :D

Sgt_Bones #9 Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 2849 battles
  • [-FC-] -FC-
Running down the stairs the other day I managed to let my upper body somehow get ahead of my legs....was holding the railings with both hands....lost my balance, did a complete flip and landed on my......................... feet!

"Woah! Not bad for 47 years old!" I said to myself, and promptly tripped over the edge of a friggin carpet and fell flat on my face!

ScienceWoona #10 Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12158 battles

View PostDustyBlackDragon, on 19 February 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

Worest tihng this morning was i couldn't find my watch when i woke up panicaing i searched everywere in house and basicaly trashed my bedroom and living room trying to find the dam thing then i looked down and noticed i had fell asleep with it on :D

I did worse, I did that with my Glasses when I wasn't used to them only I may have said it out loud infront of someone.

DougHole #11 Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 7178 battles

View PostSgt_Bones, on 20 February 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

Running down the stairs the other day I managed to let my upper body somehow get ahead of my legs....was holding the railings with both hands....lost my balance, did a complete flip and landed on my......................... feet!

"Woah! Not bad for 47 years old!" I said to myself, and promptly tripped over the edge of a friggin carpet and fell flat on my face!
:rolleyes:

Have anyone ever done that thing - or is it just me - when you are walking down some steps, you look down at your feet hitting the steps, you start thinking about what you are doing a little too much and before you know it you have lost your rhythm and you almost fall down the stairs?

shiftypowers2002 #12 Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11555 battles
  • [MIS] MIS
I Seem to have a random habit of falling up the stairs, no idea how it works its just something thhat happens to me more that it bloody well should.

Gravity, i laugh in it's face i tell you!!
:Smile_harp:

blubbber #13 Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10566 battles

View PostDougHole, on 20 February 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

:rolleyes: Have anyone ever done that thing - or is it just me - when you are walking down some steps, you look down at your feet hitting the steps, you start thinking about what you are doing a little too much and before you know it you have lost your rhythm and you almost fall down the stairs?

hahaha, not just me then :)

hmm so many real life fails, need to spend some time thinking about which ones are worth recounting here and funny enough as most just ended in serious injuries ...
will get back to you :)

DougHole #14 Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 7178 battles
I have one deep into my psyche, never been able to explain why I did it. Often think about it.

Really hard kid at school, standing in the middle of the playground, with a packet of peanuts open in his hand, sharing them with a mate, a hard fat kid.

Me, puny, head in the clouds nobody - walks up to him, and having never spoken to him before (only avoided him), slap the packet of peanuts out of his hand so the entire lot is strewn across the playground. The fat kid just stares and his jaw drops. And then my own jaw is slightly displaced by the punch that is immediately forthcoming from the hard kid, my head hits the concrete and that's that.

Later this kid asked me why I did it, I couldn't answer him. Still haven't got a clue.

BattleMetalChris #15 Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9222 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
In the late 19th century, I murdered 7 women in the Whitechapel area of London.

Honeybadger251 #16 Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3406 battles
Taking the bins out the other week, trying to roll them down the just-wide-enough alleyway to the street. One of the wheels get stuck in a small rut, so i yanked the handle angrily to get the bin to move. It obliged me, moving far too easily so i lost my balance, fell flat on my back, and ended up trapped underneath the bin with rubbish all over me.
It is not a proud moment when you have to phone your girlfriend to get her to come outside and rescue you from underneath a bin when, not ten minutes before, your exact words were "Ill go do the bins now, itll only take two minutes"

DougHole #17 Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 7178 battles
:D

blubbber #18 Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10566 battles
Running down the stairs into the basement, for some clever reason that still eludes me, I decide to speed things up by jumping the last 6-7 steps, completely ignoring the fact that there is actually a ceiling and doorframe ....
In a slow-motion moment my head whacks off the top of the doorframe, my whole lower body still in full momentum flings forward until I am literally horizontal in mid-air and then gravity takes hold of me and pulls me straight down, landing with my back onto the stone stairs, unable to move, breathe or call for help. Breathign comes back quickly and after a few minutes wondering whether I am paralyzed, I start being able to move again and guess I got lucky, apart from backpain and being unbale to move my head for about a week, all went back to normal and not lasting damage was done... apart from feeling like quite an idiot

... there are plenty better stories, but they all involve stuff that probably shouldnt be mentioned on a forum open to minors ... :P

DougHole #19 Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 7178 battles
Beautiful. Could almost picture it.

Reminds me of one of my own fails.

Summer camp 1980. Me, a twelve year old eager to join in with the bigger boys playing in some trees. I run over. They are jumping over a small ditch by leaping up, grabbing a large thick overhanging log, swinging on it for a second, then landing on the other side.

I run up, jump for the log, get a great grip, but forget to let go. I swing myself horizontal then fall horizontally south, landing hard and flat. Completely winded I cannot move. "Are you ok?" I nod my head. They run off. I crawl away.

blubbber #20 Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10566 battles
haha ouch :)

quite good though how much you can get away with as a kid, if I did a similar stunt these days, I don't think I would be getting up again :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users