I might be addicted to tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

BlownAway15 #1 Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7621 battles
  • [IMPAG] IMPAG
i am checking the site regurly and sometimes multiple times a day and now i am checkin the site while watching greatest tankbattles on the history channel XD
whenn ever i have a free time i either play a strategy watch,a war movie/docu or play WOT or check the WOT forums now i wonder how often do you watch/play something involved with tanks in your free time?

correction: disc. world not history XD

Arkhell #2 Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles
At home when i get free time > WoT
At work when i get free time > WoT forum

enough of an answer ? :P

DougHole #3 Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 7178 battles
I paint and play with little tanks with my friends, and manage a website for all our adventures

Posted Image

http://www.modeldads...port-Game9.html

blubbber #4 Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10566 battles
pretty much what Arkhell said.

Before WoT I didnt know much about tanks or even cared, apart from thinking that they are pretty cool machines.
Since playing WoT, I remember digging out an old photo with a mate from a rock festival we went to that had a tank standing there for decoration to see what model of tank it was and getting annoyed that at the time we couldnt be bothered climbing up on it to have a look inside (it was a rock festival so, automotive skills weren't great anymore and the idea of climbing anythign was just bad at the time)

We even looked into a website where you can go and drive real tanks and started saving up for a road trip to Bulgaria for that purpose :)

aGentleTanker #5 Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21043 battles

View PostArkhell, on 23 February 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

At home when i get free time > WoT
At work when i get free time > WoT forum

enough of an answer ? :P

Ok I know that  :Smile_honoring:

and in my garden I do that:
http://www.youtube.c...p?v=ojMlWNusR2k
(i have Tiger too)

and on vacation I did that:
http://www.youtube.c...p?v=0N1y-0LySYg

Arkhell #6 Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles
O allmost forgot, my girlfriend and brother teamed up and gave me a present for my 25th birthday.... 3-3-2012 i'm going to drive a tank :Smile_great::Smile-izmena:

And last summer my bro and me made a roadtrip to teh tank museum in Munster germany were i huged a real life King Tiger :)

blubbber #7 Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10566 battles
funky models Doug!
I see it mentions points for the various armys, is it a system like 40k you use with tons of rules etc or a bit more 'freestyle' ?
Is there an official gaming system for this or have you guys come up with your own?

elektrizikekswerk #8 Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 7453 battles
What Arkhell said. Plus: I watch docus/movies about WWII very often. Plus: I play lots of war games.

@Doug: FoW is a really nice game :)
@blubbber: It's a game with official rules like 40k. Not that complicated, though, but still complex. Flames of War it's called: http://www.flamesofwar.com/

BlownAway15 #9 Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7621 battles
  • [IMPAG] IMPAG
lol in thiss eppisode the battle of bastogne they we're talking about jagdtigers and what did they show jagdpz.IV's -.-

shiftypowers2002 #10 Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11555 battles
  • [MIS] MIS
<_<

View PostArkhell, on 23 February 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

O allmost forgot, my girlfriend and brother teamed up and gave me a present for my 25th birthday.... 3-3-2012 i'm going to drive a tank :Smile_great::Smile-izmena:

And last summer my bro and me made a roadtrip to teh tank museum in Munster germany were i huged a real life King Tiger :)

You lucky lucky son of tank u!  <_<

As soon as i get home i log on to WoT. Every chance i get i play it and i also spend to much hard cash on the flaming thing. But then again i don't purchase wacky backy anymore or drink that much. so.

If there's a tank program on tv i will stop scrolling though and watch avidly, much to the disgust of both wife n children.

Also next time i go to Cosford air museum i shall be having a much closer look at the tanks there and ignoring the boring aircraft!!! :Smile-izmena:

Arkhell #11 Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles

View Postshiftypowers2002, on 23 February 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Also next time i go to Cosford air museum i shall be having a much closer look at the tanks there and ignoring the boring aircraft!!! :Smile-izmena:

I live near an Air base atm and they have some stuff infront of the main gate.

S.A.M launcher

extra missiles

and a....

wait for it

Flackpanzer Gepard which you can touch
Spoiler                     

going to have to take a few pictures soon

shiftypowers2002 #12 Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11555 battles
  • [MIS] MIS

View PostArkhell, on 23 February 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

I live near an Air base atm and they have some stuff infront of the main gate.

S.A.M launcher

extra missiles

and a....

wait for it

Flackpanzer Gepard which you can touch
Spoiler                     

going to have to take a few pictures soon

Ok, well that's just patentley unfair :(

Playing WoT give me the urge to take up model building again. Used to do it quite a bit with airfix kits of planes etc, now of course it would be tanks.

Resisted so far but no idea how long that will last. :/

Arkhell #13 Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles

View Postshiftypowers2002, on 23 February 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

Ok, well that's just patentley unfair :(

Playing WoT give me the urge to take up model building again. Used to do it quite a bit with airfix kits of planes etc, now of course it would be tanks.

Resisted so far but no idea how long that will last. :/

bought 2 last year can't get myself to start building them, afraid i ruin them and look at them everytime and think... god that looks horrible why did i have to waste such a great tank model...

BattleMetalChris #14 Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9222 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I'm a massive aircraft geek and have been able to name pretty much any plane since..well, since as long as I can remember. It's just second nature now. Until I started WoT though, tanks just looked like 'tanks' to me - tracks, gun out the front, all looking pretty much identical.

Now I can spot and name them from just a glance, I found myself thinking recently - is that how planes look to everyone else in the world? You're vaguely aware that there are different kinds but apart from that they all look identical?

Arkhell #15 Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles

View PostBattleMetalChris, on 23 February 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

I'm a massive aircraft geek and have been able to name pretty much any plane since..well, since as long as I can remember. It's just second nature now. Until I started WoT though, tanks just looked like 'tanks' to me - tracks, gun out the front, all looking pretty much identical.

Now I can spot and name them from just a glance, I found myself thinking recently - is that how planes look to everyone else in the world? You're vaguely aware that there are different kinds but apart from that they all look identical?

yes basicly tis is how allmost all people view:
Trains
Cars
Tanks
Planes
ships
etc

everything you are not interested in just ends up beeing piled on one heap under a header :P

DougHole #16 Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 7178 battles
Yes well regarding Flames of War, yes its a gaming system on a company level.

Typically you might field an HQ platoon, a couple of infantry platoons (each platoon is generally 6 to 8 bases with about 4 figures on each base), perhaps an HMG and a mortas platoon, then to support your assaults some armour, take your pic from Panthers to Crocodiles, Shermans to King Tigers.

Artillery, air support etc as well, all on a nice table of your chosen theatre. We run with Normandy and Eastern front late war setups, its a good social as well as a game, I usually put away 4 pints of beer during a game plus a smoke, this explains why I often lose  :lol:

I'm building a Panzer Lehr platoon at the moment, need about 40 half tracks and lorries to move these guys around, as well as everything else so will be painting this up with some help over the next couple of years!

steview162 #17 Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

Brigadier

• Clan Diplomat
  • 33005 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-
Tanks on the brain really, since 12. Used to wargame with 1/300th tanks, using the old WRG rules. Had a FULL panzer division by the TO&E, 52

PZIV, 52 Panthers, etc. Just...because really, as you could never use them all, even in 1/300th. Tried 1/72 like Doug's there for a while,

pretty good too.

Arkhell I was at Munster in October, bit of a road trip with the mates. Amazing place, that Sturmtiger is quite awesome. The Jagdpanther with

the bounces from a 17pdr, and a penetration? by the 6pdr, holy WTF. I want to lift thw whole place up and stick it in my back garden. Might

have to demolish a few peoples houses, but it's a price I'm willing to pay  ;) .

Oh yeah and planes too, but have let that one slip recently.  :( . WOWP should put that right.

JeffyShow #18 Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5164 battles

View PostDougHole, on 23 February 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

I paint and play with little tanks with my friends, and manage a website for all our adventures

Posted Image

http://www.modeldads...port-Game9.html
are you in prison?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users