Help with language

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

DustyBlackDragon #1 Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 345 battles
In a few weeks I am going to be signing up to a free coruse been ran at a uni near me (a 1 full day style course) and I am wondering is there any languages people would recommend on here that are european and would be universally useful in helping to commiuicate to the majority of people on here that don't speak english or french?

DustyBlackDragon #2 Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 345 battles
ANd on here i generally mean more in battle chats etc

blubbber #3 Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10566 battles
learning another language is always a good thing, but if it's really just a 1-day course, I honestly don't think it will do you much good. learning a language takes a lot of time and effort and unless you keep being exposed to it with opportunities to use them, you will forget them faster than you picked them up. Trust me, got a bit of experience there! I am fluent in 4 and can muddle my way through with lots of gestures etc in another 2 and that took a lot of time. If you get the opportunities though for a free taster course, go for it, see how  you like it and maybe consider doing a proper evening course or so if you have the time.
... or ideally, get yourself a partner from whatever countrys language you want to learn, there is no better way :P

for real life use, I would recommend Spanish, it's a very useful language for travelling since  you already speak English.
for in-game, maybe polish or german?

DustyBlackDragon #4 Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 345 battles
its onyl meant as a taster and polish would that help then with other eastern european languages use don this game to help muddle throughh?

blubbber #5 Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10566 battles
I dont speak polish myself, so maybe better getting an answer from a Polish dude, but I would think that they have similar roots, so understaning polish may help grasping some of the other eastern european languages.... just a guesss though :)

deamy #6 Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10731 battles
To me it seems the non-English chat is mostly Polish, Czech, German & Hungarian.

Honestly I think almost everyone understand basic gaming English (defend, attack, etc.), but people chose not to speak it.

For real-life uses, learn Spanish (if you're in the Americas) or Arabic or Chinese (if you're in Europe).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users