What skills you'd prefer for Chaffee in 7.2?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Arallaw #1 Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28662 battles
Hello gents & ladies

I want to ask your opinions, what skills will you pick for Chaffee in 7.2 when the new skills comes. What's your choice?

edit: Please mention your equipment too.

My Chaffee equipment are: Ventrilation, Coated optics & Stabilizer.

Here's the new skills link, pick yours:
Spoiler                     

I got full camo, repar and fire fighting skills now but I think I'll replace firefighting(I've been just few times in fire in my Chaffee battles, what a waste of this skill!) as 3rd skills with some new skills:

Commander: Tutor - Skill

All crew members besides the commander gain additional battle experience, based on the level of this skill.

Reason: This skills will be usefull as I always play as nonpremium. Some extra experience will be handy in gaining next skills.

Driver:
Ace - Skill

Improves the traverse speed of the tank.

Reason: Speed is one of Chaffees disadvantages and it would be nice to compensate with a skill.

Gunner:

Sharp-shooter - Perk

Improves chance to critically damage modules and crew members with a shot. The bonus does not affect critical damage by HE rounds. Only the highest trained level of this skill will be in effect if multiple crewmen have the skill trained

Reason: This will make this Baby Patton even more mean agains all kinds of tanks. More effect in fire power.

Loader:

Do-or-Die - Perk

Improves reload time for vehicles that are very low on health. Only the highest trained level of this perk will be in effect if multiple crewmen have the perk trained.

Reason: The reason is quite simple: I won't need those two others so often like this kind of skill. I'm half dead when some lucky arty or T9 TD scratches me.

Radio operator:

Sonar - Skill

Increases view range. Only the highest trained level of this skill will be in effect if multiple crewmen have the skill trained.

Reason: This will be the most handy skill for me. I need to contact my arty from opposite corner when there's nobody left anymore in my team. I'm not suicide scout kind of player, so I won't need the famous Last Ditch Attempt - Perk.

And I thought to take 'Brothers-in-arms - Perk' as fourth skills because of it seems to be very handy when my all crew lives and many of them dies very rarely in same battle. I hope this skill will stack with ventrilation.

Ps. You can use my starting message as a layout. Hope this will be a usefull conversation for all of us.

Cheers

Arallaw

Feindfeuer #2 Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8839 battles
For me it's "Premonition" for the Commander, this way i know when i have been spotted and can than decide to either retreat and redeploy or advance and flank, depending on the situation. Currently i have to guess if i have been spotted and than can end in a pile of burning metal rather fast.

My Driver will get the 'Cruise Master' perk, at least if this fully stacks with the stabiliser. That way i can engage even more accuratly and at longer ranges while going full speed past enemy tanks.

On the Gunner skill, i'm kind of undecided. I am also liking the Bonuscritical of the 'Sharpshooter', but the 'Steady Hands' seem to support the mobile combat better than i prefer once i have to engage with the Chaffee.

I'll also chose 'Do-or-Die' on my chaffe for the sole reason that ammo damage is not that big of a problem on the chaffee as i don't survive more than 2 or 3 hits anyway and i got a repair kit with me. And i almost only carry AP rounds... so that leaves the bonus firerate as the only viable option. Maybe i'll chose a conventional skill here, giving at least a tiny bonus on something like repair or camo... not realy sure.

'Sonar', no questions asked. Though 'Last Ditch Attemp' may come in handy for those players who prefer a more suicidal playstyle. :D

azakow #3 Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 84497 battles
ATM, my M24 Chaffee crew has 1,186,000+ XP on their training account, all secondary crew skills are at 100%.
Which skills are these:
  • Cammo
  • Repair
  • Fire Fighting
Side notes.
Spoiler                     
What are the most important attributes of the M24 Chaffee, sorted by importance:
  • vehicle cammo value
  • turret view Range (spotting)
  • agility
  • top speed
  • rate of fire (RoF)
What equipment/consumables are needed to support these vehicle attributes, sorted by importance:
  • vent
  • optics
  • v-stab
  • 100 octane gasoline
  • med kit
  • rep kit
What crew skills are needed to support these vehicle attributes and role, sorted by importance:
  • cammo
  • view range
  • repair
  • ?
I will keep 5/5 "Cammo - skill" and 4/5 "Repair - skill"
My current crew "training account" will enable me to trade the current 3rd skill ("Fire Fighting - skill") for something else immediately.

Commander:
1st: "Cammo - skill"
2nd: I’m very much interested on further qualifying all crew members, hence it is the "Tutor – Skill".
3rd: "Eagle Eye - Skill", because I have a scout duty, hence I need to have most effective observation abilities.
4th: training "Repair - skill"

Driver:
2nd: "Repair - skill"
3rd: "Neatnik – Perk" since I do not have any fire fighting skills and no fire ext. anymore.
4th: training "Off Road Master – Skill" for the increased terrain and acceleration abilities.

Gunner:
3rd: "Nemesis – Perk" for the scouting/spotting role.
4th: training "Steady Hands - Skill" for the fighting duty.

Loader:
3rd: "ammo rack – Perk" to be able to fight longer, safe the repair kit for my tracks (reduce running costs).
4th: training "Do-or-Die – Perk" to be a die hard bastard, once it comes to the end.

Radio Operator:
3rd: "Sonar - Skill", for the scouting/spotting role.
4th: training "Last Ditch Attempt - Perk" to be a valuable part of my team as long as possible.

How many battles to complete the 4th secondary skill?
"XP needed for 4th secondary skill" divided by "average vehicle XP per battle" = "number of battles".
1,640,000 XP divided by 871 XP per battle is about 1,900 battles, which is more than a second vehicle life time.
In fact it will be less, because I got the "Tutor – Skill", which applies to all crew members.
Let’s assume this skill gives you an advantage of 5%, it will still be about 1,800 battles.
:Smile-izmena:

mipe1984 #4 Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:44 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 14121 battles
  • [__GG_] __GG_
i would much rather have the sheridan tank as tier 5 scout insted of chaffee..

http://en.wikipedia....i/M551_Sheridan

DorifutoHanta #5 Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22470 battles
Commander:
Eagle Eye

Driver:
Ace
Off road master

Gunner:
Steady Hands

Loader:
"Non impact" ammo rack

Radio Operator:
Sonar

azakow #6 Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 84497 battles

View PostESTBoyx, on 26 February 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

Commander:
Eagle Eye

Driver:
Ace
Off road master

Gunner:
Steady Hands

Loader:
"Non impact" ammo rack

Radio Operator:
Sonar
What about the  "Cammo - skill" and "Repair- skill", did you just forget to mention these?
Please let us know your ideal skill combination.
Something that can realistically be reached, in let's say 1500+ battles or with the equivalent of 1,470k XP on the training account.
Thank you.

Colonel_Boom #7 Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19567 battles
Commander:
Camo
Eagle-Eye
Premonition

Driver:
Camo
Off Road Master
Ace

Gunner:
Camo
Nemesis

Loader:
Camo
"Non impact" ammo rack

Radio Operator:
Camo
Sonar
Last Ditch Attempt
Boffin

Those are the most important ones for me. I think that repair and firefighting are useless in Scouts.

mfg boom

Arallaw #8 Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28662 battles

View PostColonel_Boom, on 26 February 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

Those are the most important ones for me. I think that repair and firefighting are useless in Scouts.

Repair is useless in a scout, interesting. It might be. I have to think again my skill selections without repair skills as an one variation.

Colonel_Boom #9 Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19567 battles

View PostArallaw, on 28 February 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

Repair is useless in a scout, interesting. It might be. I have to think again my skill selections without repair skills as an one variation.
It is. I mean if you are tracked you are dead. If your engine is destroyed you are dead. And if anything like view port is damaged the skill doesn't help. Sure you can repair some faster but you are still standing still and you have to acclerate again which can cost your life.

At the moment only camo is good because this gives incredible advantages in a scout. Believe me with a good scout even Campinovka gets interesting. But repair is senseless right now.

Firefighting isn't needed either with fire extinguisher. The skill is only increasing the chance to extinguish the fire when you are lid so it is still random.

And because of this i wait for the new crew skills. If you noticed there are very good skills for a scout. :)
With 500m view range and the skills to know when i am spotted and better driving performance i'm the happiest scout in WoT.

mfg boom

Highway_Star #10 Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 18353 battles
The skill that gives you a warning when you've been spotted. That would work well for me.

I usually sit in a bush with camo, camo net & binocs. Often I think I'm hidden only to be hit by an arty shell.

With this warning skill I can run away when I get spotted.

azakow #11 Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:29 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 84497 battles

View PostColonel_Boom, on 28 February 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

It is. I mean if you are tracked you are dead. If your engine is destroyed you are dead. And if anything like view port is damaged the skill doesn't help. Sure you can repair some faster but you are still standing still and you have to acclerate again which can cost your life.

At the moment only camo is good because this gives incredible advantages in a scout. Believe me with a good scout even Campinovka gets interesting. But repair is senseless right now.

Firefighting isn't needed either with fire extinguisher. The skill is only increasing the chance to extinguish the fire when you are lid so it is still random.

And because of this i wait for the new crew skills. If you noticed there are very good skills for a scout. :)
With 500m view range and the skills to know when i am spotted and better driving performance i'm the happiest scout in WoT.

mfg boom
I would like to point out, that this topic is about the M24 Chaffee and suitable secondary skills for its crew.
Did you consider this in your training plan?
I’m asking, because in your answers so far you only refer to scouts as a whole, instead of M24 Chaffee in special.

You do have a point here, which is for the scouting/spotting duty of this(?) vehicle.
I also considered this in my training plan for the commander, and substituted the commanders "Repair – skill" with the "Tutor – Skill".
On the other hand, if all crew men are fully trained on "Repair - skill" it will give you an advantage when you are fighting, which is something a M24 Chaffee must do during any battle, i.e. when a track takes all potential dmg dealt.

To me the "Premonition - Perk" (notice when being spotted) does not make sense for the M24 Chaffee.
I sit in "my" common bushes (there are about 25-30 in total) and I know that I will be detected at the 50m limitation only, for most of them.
The "Premonition - Perk" would now only be interesting on completely new maps (4-6 per year), and while performing active scouting (, which is challenging with this vehicle).

Also keep in mind that the "Premonition - Perk" is active only after 100% training of this skill is reached. Training it as 1st secondary skill it will need about 210k XP to train.
An average player will earn about 600-800 XP per battle on premium account using the M24 Chaffee.
At best it will take about 260+ battles to train this skill.
IMO, enough time on the battlefields to learn their bushes.

Spithas #12 Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30805 battles
Heh why are most of you picking up ACE skill when the tank already has insane traverse? The ability that improves passing over terrain and acceleration whatever is called seems much more suited for the Chaffee.

Fire chance reduced skill also useless in my opinion since what you want is to avoid shots entirely... not be able to survive the 1-2 that wil hit.

The gunner skill that keeps tanks spotted for a bit longer and the radioman skill that keeps transmitting after death for a while seem like good options.

Will probably consider Brothers in Arms for a Ventilation like boost. I like overall bonuses.

Arallaw #13 Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28662 battles

View PostColonel_Boom, on 28 February 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

I love Campinovka with light vehicles, but I play as a spotting brawler with Chaffee. You seem to play as a pure scout.

View Postazakow, on 29 February 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

To me the "Premonition - Perk" (notice when being spotted) does not make sense for the M24 Chaffee.
I sit in "my" common bushes (there are about 25-30 in total) and I know that I will be detected at the 50m limitation only, for most of them.
This is what I think too about the Premonition. I know when enemy tanks stop and turns turret towards me. I know when I've been spotted. Usually enemy is driving too close to my hiding place and the Premonition won't help at all in those situations. I can read the signs.

View PostSpithas, on 29 February 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

Heh why are most of you picking up ACE skill when the tank already has insane traverse? The ability that improves passing over terrain and acceleration whatever is called seems much more suited for the Chaffee.
Ace skill will improve Chaffee's close combat abilities: Going around enemy tanks and dodging some objects even faster. Especially against some hardest opponents when the opponent player is good, like T-50-2, light AMX series and some tanks with fast turret rotation.

FetterFettsack #14 Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 41354 battles
Is there anybody, who tried the Chaffee with the new skills already?

Pz_kreker #15 Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1854 battles
I did

i choose BIA at first which gave me 5% bonus, but all must reach 100%, which is long grind..

i used vents and BIA and my crew reached 95% effective training.

second i choose
commmander 6 sense: LOL i was hiding and my "lightbulb 'went on , m,eaning i was spotted. and indeed i was being spotted after i looked more carefull.

sometimes it is obvious that iam being spotted, but sometimes it really can help. i tried to ignore it too and i was deadmeat :lol:  

gunner i choose 2 seconds extended visability, dont now of it really worked but i got more hits on targets.

driver: clsmooth ride and clutch break. noticed some difference.

loader andrenaline rush! it worked nicely ammorack useless and i dont use HE either
radio: extended signal and vengence :Smile-playing: for payback

But i dont forget camo either!!

so i think most forget basics skills and all go for newones, but some are only effective when they are 100%!!!! i keep cammmo and possible BIA the rest maybe later.

problem: you dont know the actual bonus levels it can sound awesome on paper, but inreality it isnt

twiwlek #16 Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18671 battles
Camo will be on all so I have to choose two others. I will not take repairs. Usually if I get damage I will use repair kit for important modules or to avoid death (detrack). But Chaffe usually doesnt take more then 2-3 shoots to be killed so avoiding being hit is priority.

Commander:
Eagle Eye- with optics its my first choice.
Premonition - It has limited use. But to be honest others are not much better. And it can be usefull when I do some pre scouting at start (I mean just going in front to more or less safe spotintg point and wating for support to come. Retreat if nessesary then support and hunt for lone tanks :) ) Also its good to know when you are detected when u fire from bushes. I had few times situation - no way he can see me and bum ;)
Tutor - improve learning curve but I doubt that anyone will reach more then 4th skill fully trained.
4th is difficult. If i had it 100% i would took expert just for fun :)

Driver:
Off Road Master - even better acc on difficult terrain
Cruise Master - vert. stab. plus ;)
Ace - Circle around like u never did before ;)

Gunner:
Nemesis - no need to explain
Steady Hands - Fighting another scout should be even better now :)
4th doesnt matter much for me. Master gunner would be waste as we dont gun damage often and Sharp shooter... well I am not sure if I want more critical 0 hits...

Loader:
Non-impact
Do or die
Not much choice here
Maybe brother in arms...

Radio Operator:
Sonar- view range
Last Ditch - Not very usefull but others are worse
Retransmiter or Brothers in arms

If I put 4th a perk I would choose some skill in that place until it is 100% and then retrain.

I dont know if its perfect but based on my exp. I propably would choose this.

DriveWith #17 Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6179 battles
I'm not sure about what the Eagle Eye - Skill actually does.
"Maximum view range is increased with the training of this skill. If the observation devices are damaged, skill effectiveness is increased."
Is it about the overall maximum view distance or on one tank in particular? I can't explain this..

Is it like, that it makes me able to spot beyond 500 metres if my Turret&Crew&Equipment are good enough
or
does it just work like coated optics and effectively increase the view range up to 500 metres?

I think the first one, because there's actually another skill (which looks like coated optics):
"Sonar - Skill
Increases view range. Only the highest trained level of this skill will be in effect if multiple crewmen have the skill trained."

twiwlek #18 Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18671 battles

View Postasisit, on 20 March 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

Is it like, that it makes me able to spot beyond 500 metres if my Turret&Crew&Equipment are good enough
or
does it just work like coated optics and effectively increase the view range up to 500 metres?

Interesting question.
There is third option: You are allow to see more far then u can in game (which is about 600m- when spotted by someone else) but then its not so good ability for Chaffee.

azakow #19 Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 84497 battles

View Postasisit, on 20 March 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

I'm not sure about what the Eagle Eye - Skill actually does.
"Maximum view range is increased with the training of this skill. If the observation devices are damaged, skill effectiveness is increased."
Is it about the overall maximum view distance or on one tank in particular? I can't explain this..

or

I think the first one, because there's actually another skill (which looks like coated optics):
"Sonar - Skill
Increases view range. Only the highest trained level of this skill will be in effect if multiple crewmen have the skill trained."
How does this relate to the topic title?
I'm asking, because there are other topics that will answer your question.
:)

DriveWith #20 Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6179 battles

View Postazakow, on 21 March 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

How does this relate to the topic title?
I'm asking, because there are other topics that will answer your question.
:)
It doesn't directly realate to the topic title, but to the topic imo.
It's because I'm not sure if I should pick that skill.
In case Eagle Eye allows you to see beyond 500 metres, I'd take it. Otherwise I'd choose the Premonition - Perk for the Commander. (Notification when spotted).

I'll choose other skills&perks and post them here as soon I find out more about the Eagle Eye skill, because I'm choosing from the other skills accordingly.

But maybe I should just post more than 1 list without finding out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users