Jump to content


"GO SCOUT, AMX!"


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
189 replies to this topic

Trobby #1 Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:56 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 7257 battles
  • 106
  • Member since:
    06-24-2011

*
POPULAR

GO SCOUT MY ASS!!!

It's not a T50-2. It's not a formula 1 car. And it's not a F-117 stealth fighter jet either. It's just an ordinary light tank, namely the AMX 13 75. And no, light tank does not mean "scout", a typical stereotypical bullshit that many players like to make. Suggesting that it is is just like suggesting that Japanese and Chinese people or USA and Canadians are exactly the same (Which clearly isn't the case).

True, it has the speed of a panzer III, but if you have ever driven one, you would've noticed that it turns just like a panzer IV. And we all know that panzer IV is NOT a scout tank!

What AMX 13 75 really is an assassin, a harasser or a flanker. It's speed is not for scouting, it is just for being able to getting to positions quickly so you could piss off that lonely Jadgtiger hiding in the bush, or finish off that E75 who's sitting in a spot that can't be reached by Arty. And of course, if you find a opening in the enemy's lines, you can use your speed to rush through and take out those artys (No, that's not "scouting" even though it's a common scout role).

Of course, I won't be able to find every instance in battle where I would be useful. But if that's the case, then generally, I would go off to another line and hopefully find some better things to do there. Once again, that's where my speed is useful.

But to suggest that I'm a "Scout tank" just simply because I happen to be able to travel 60kmh-1 on a flat is just utter bullshit - Most of the time suggested by players who have never driven these tanks before.

Although in some late times of the battle, me scouting might be useful. But the E75 or that 4502A could've done it too. So that does not classify that my tank is a scout tank.

Sotahullu #2 Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 15540 battles
  • 684
  • Member since:
    10-15-2010
"Checks profile" Okay, you have driven AMX-13/75 so you actually know something  :P


And you're right some ways but Amx-13/75 is still a light tank so it's also a scouter (with balls of steel!) but Amx-13 can AND will kill pretty much any other light or med it comes across if given chance.

So it's essentially a fast & furious td's on wheels :D

punishersal #3 Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

    Mēneša cilvēks, marts 2012

  • Player
  • 18048 battles
  • 2,627
  • Member since:
    07-21-2011
I have never received orders to "scout" while playing with AMX 13 75. And I don't do it. Sometimes Im making a small scout runs but just a bit of front where some of team tanks are moving. Not too far. But when I see a probably clear path to rush in, Im doing it :D

Addi64 #4 Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:16 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 8067 battles
  • 1,196
  • Member since:
    01-20-2011
light tanks don't lose their camo value while moving and are therefore much harder to see than medium tanks. on certain maps like redshire it would be a waste not to use this for scouting.

I don't have one, and would not do go on a scouting rampage right at the start like the T-50-2s always do. I think this tank might have an immense repair bill.
Nevertheless I would frown if I see one hiding in some sniping spot when the game comes close to it's final decision.

Of course it is not a T-50-2, but nevertheless it makes for a decent scout later in the game. it can take a hit and it has a good view range and most likely a good camo value, but just going on a suicide mission just because someone wants you to, I would not do it. Take the more careful scout approach would be my suggestion, but try to reveal enemy positions nevertheless. Just not at all cost

saml6131 #5 Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 8559 battles
  • 3,821
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
Similar things apply the the M24 Chaffee too. It may be able to turn better than the AMX but there are also many features which make it suck for scouting.

1. It's huge! A fully upgraded Chaffee has a really large profile for a light tank. I've compared it to my Patton and and the Chaffee is about 2/3rds the size of the Patton. This means that it is incredibly easy to hit (At least more than a T-50-2 which is smaller, faster and more manouverable with better armour)

2. It can't take a shot. With only 580 hit points, most tier 10 and some tier 9 tanks can kill it in one shot and even some tanks below that tier if they get a lucky roll, and it's not like it has a small chance of bouncing it either. With 25mm maximum hull armour, anything over 75mm will penetrate. Plus, HE can even penetrate and losing all of your health to a VK2801 isn't than fun.

3. Speed. You need speed if you wish to scout successfully. It makes it more difficult to hit you and it allows you to speed through enemy tanks to get to arty. The Chaffee's top speed is 56kph. 3/4 tier 9 mediums can go just as fast, if not faster and the last 5 tanks on the French tree have either a slightly slower speed, or a much higher one and this includes the French Heavy tanks. A heavy, faster than a light.

Don't get me wrong, the Chaffee is awesome, most of the time, but why should I scout when the enemy will spot me straight away (so the camo bonus was of no help) and one shot will kill me leading to a repair bill and only one shot fired at the enemy assuming I managed to spot them. And until you play the role of a scout consistantly, most people don't understand how difficult and nerve racking it is. To them, its just driving as fast as you can. It isn't a racing game.

azakow #6 Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 79417 battles
  • 4,940
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostTrobby, on 28 February 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

What AMX 13 75 really is an assassin, a harasser or a flanker. It's speed is not for scouting, it is just for being able to getting to positions quickly so you could piss off that lonely Jadgtiger hiding in the bush, or finish off that E75 who's sitting in a spot that can't be reached by Arty. And of course, if you find a opening in the enemy's lines, you can use your speed to rush through and take out those artys (No, that's not "scouting" even though it's a common scout role).

Of course, I won't be able to find every instance in battle where I would be useful. But if that's the case, then generally, I would go off to another line and hopefully find some better things to do there. Once again, that's where my speed is useful.

But to suggest that I'm a "Scout tank" just simply because I happen to be able to travel 60kmh-1 on a flat is just utter bullshit - Most of the time suggested by players who have never driven these tanks before.

Although in some late times of the battle, me scouting might be useful. But the E75 or that 4502A could've done it too. So that does not classify that my tank is a scout tank.
You are the tank commander of a hybrid vehicle, namely an LT/MT, hence you have to fill both roles, the scouting/spotting(LT) and the fighting(MT).

Your understanding of the fighting role is correct.
IMO, your understanding of the scouting/spotting role needs adjustment.
It is the combination of speed (to reach that foremost bush) and view range, which delivers early targets to SPG and shortly after to your MT/HT teammates.

Mostly PPL, ordering other LT commanders, have XP/DMG ratio of 1/3 on their accounts, in order words they have lots of punch, in rare cases also little brains.
On the other hand, little brains are not exclusive HT commanders at all.

On incidents like that it is always a good idea, to recheck your current role (LT/MT) and whether you act accordingly.
Your acting must comply with the team success orders at any time, which applies to all tank commanders on the battlefield.
:Smile_honoring:

Arallaw #7 Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28662 battles
  • 427
  • Member since:
    03-06-2011
Also, too many many AMX 13 75's are playing as a TD and that's a heavy burden to whole team because of it loses very much of its potential.

Why not use the whole potential with AMX and your team will be much more often victorious? For example coated optics are one perfect equipment for AMX's.

Tanku49 #8 Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21544 battles
  • 340
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011
I do agree its not a "Scout" but any tank can carry out scouting duties, and speed and being a light helps. Last night i got 7 detects on my Tiger(P)scouting ahead for a fellow Tiger (H) and a Arty to shoot at, in another battle a PzIV went ahead and scouted out a flank for me and another TD.

Its situational, but i do agree "Light" tansk do suffer the tag of Scout, it would be better if WoT re labeleled the true scouts as scouts after all they do get different MM weighting.

lokkagutt #9 Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24262 battles
  • 734
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostTrobby, on 28 February 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

GO SCOUT MY ASS!!!

It's not a T50-2. It's not a formula 1 car. And it's not a F-117 stealth fighter jet either. It's just an ordinary light tank, namely the AMX 13 75. And no, light tank does not mean "scout", a typical stereotypical bullshit that many players like to make. Suggesting that it is is just like suggesting that Japanese and Chinese people or USA and Canadians are exactly the same (Which clearly isn't the case).

True, it has the speed of a panzer III, but if you have ever driven one, you would've noticed that it turns just like a panzer IV. And we all know that panzer IV is NOT a scout tank!

What AMX 13 75 really is an assassin, a harasser or a flanker. It's speed is not for scouting, it is just for being able to getting to positions quickly so you could piss off that lonely Jadgtiger hiding in the bush, or finish off that E75 who's sitting in a spot that can't be reached by Arty. And of course, if you find a opening in the enemy's lines, you can use your speed to rush through and take out those artys (No, that's not "scouting" even though it's a common scout role).

Of course, I won't be able to find every instance in battle where I would be useful. But if that's the case, then generally, I would go off to another line and hopefully find some better things to do there. Once again, that's where my speed is useful.

But to suggest that I'm a "Scout tank" just simply because I happen to be able to travel 60kmh-1 on a flat is just utter bullshit - Most of the time suggested by players who have never driven these tanks before.

Although in some late times of the battle, me scouting might be useful. But the E75 or that 4502A could've done it too. So that does not classify that my tank is a scout tank.

Well no need to complain to much before you get this same message when driving a AMX M4! And belive me its not fast or agile or small so this isnt my prefered choice of scout atleast  :rolleyes:

soturi570 #10 Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5291 battles
  • 27
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011
I know AMX 13 is not a scout, but it is not a camper either. Too often I see somebody with AMX 13 in malinovka just camping. Most of the time I see people telling french lights to scout, it is a situation like that. So at least avoid camping if you hate being told to scout.

And of course, try to understand those people, some of them might have played since closed beta, it will take some time for them to realize that a tier 7 light is not a scout if they have played 5000 battles where lights have always been scouts.

BrianDuffy #11 Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 7674 battles
  • 238
  • Member since:
    10-09-2010
scouting? hm, still not sure what that means unless you are in the Ferrari-50-2. Spotting? yes, AMX13 75 is pretty good at that for the early part of the game but, depending on team make up, can be a waste of firepower if used in that way for too long. But, it's your tank, play it as you want to and the situation dictates.

JeffyShow #12 Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 5164 battles
  • 1,008
  • Member since:
    11-17-2011
Do you even know what "SCOUT" means? It is not only "driving really fast around enemies base". You can also spot enemy from bush or do little peeks on enemy forces ect.

So go scout...

kuczaj #13 Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30585 battles
  • 304
  • Member since:
    12-22-2011
Go scout AMX

Edward_Teague #14 Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32642 battles
  • 1,056
  • Member since:
    02-07-2011
GO SCOUT AMX or I am going to put a shell up ur exhaust pipe.

Ps:- TS is a complete nooblet.

Mis1 #15 Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8274 battles
  • 716
  • [OWRM2] OWRM2
  • Member since:
    01-31-2011
some of  type 59 drivers plays like T50-2

KuroNyra #16 Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 15152 battles
  • 4,089
  • [A-I-E] A-I-E
  • Member since:
    07-13-2011

View PostJeffyShow, on 28 February 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

Do you even know what "SCOUT" means? It is not only "driving really fast around enemies base". You can also spot enemy from bush or do little peeks on enemy forces ect.

So go scout...


[Post edited - Personal attacks/ Feji]  Even wiht a bad radio, a bad view range, you can go scout! Sur!!!
http://worldoftanks....ance/amx_13_90/
http://worldoftanks....ance/amx_13_75/
http://worldoftanks....france/amx_12t/

They got more view range than a radio rang, sur they can scout for arty. X')

They are "Light" tank yes. But "scout"? No.

COntrary to a T-50 or a Leopard. The AMX's are not here for spot the ennemy and do passive/active scout. They are here for fight, bring help to everyone who need them, and use there speed to relocated at another front.

JeffyShow #17 Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 5164 battles
  • 1,008
  • Member since:
    11-17-2011

View PostKuroNyra, on 28 February 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

[Post edited - Personal attacks/ Feji] Even wiht a bad radio, a bad view range, you can go scout! Sur!!!
http://worldoftanks....ance/amx_13_90/
http://worldoftanks....ance/amx_13_75/
http://worldoftanks....france/amx_12t/

They got more view range than a radio rang, sur they can scout for arty. X')

They are "Light" tank yes. But "scout"? No.

COntrary to a T-50 or a Leopard. The AMX's are not here for spot the ennemy and do passive/active scout. They are here for fight, bring help to everyone who need them, and use there speed to relocated at another front.

LMAO... [Post edited - Personal attacks/ Feji]



also:
amx13_75 -440m view
amx12_90-460 view

KuroNyra #18 Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 15152 battles
  • 4,089
  • [A-I-E] A-I-E
  • Member since:
    07-13-2011

View PostJeffyShow, on 28 February 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

LMAO... [Post edited - Personal attacks/ Feji]


also:
amx13_75 -440m view Portée radio 450 m
amx12_90-460 view    Portée radio 450 m

Less radio range than than view range the only exception is the AMX 13 75 who got... WHOA! 10 METER ON MORE THAN THE VIEW RANG! SO CLOSED THAN A 800 RADIO RANGE, [Post edited - Personal attacks/ Feji]

JeffyShow #19 Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 5164 battles
  • 1,008
  • Member since:
    11-17-2011

View PostKuroNyra, on 28 February 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

Less radio range than than view range, go back to school kid. [Post edited - Personal attacks/ Feji]

Do you know what "spotting " means? ...obviously not
You(somebody else) don't need long radio range for that.

[Post edited - Personal attacks/ Feji]

KuroNyra #20 Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 15152 battles
  • 4,089
  • [A-I-E] A-I-E
  • Member since:
    07-13-2011
a "scout" is a guy who is on the game for spotting all the ennemyu, and tell the position to everybody. People like the arty for example.

How can you spot guy for arty if you've got not enought radio range huh? The problem is solved if the arty got the best radio, but if it's not the case; You are screw both.


Anyway, AMX aren't here for scout, spot or thing like that. Try it, you will be surprised to die quickly.
[Post edited - Personal attacks/ Feji]




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users