"GO SCOUT, AMX!"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
189 replies to this topic

PLUT0NIUM_235 #181 Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9771 battles
  • [OCUK] OCUK
like said above, the AMX 13 would be much more fun if it wasn't on constant Tier IX and X scouting duties, it behaves more like a super mobile ambush tank rather than a scout, the games I have most fun in, in the AMX 13 is the games where I feel as though I am contributing, we have other scouts (T-50, VK2801 and so on) to perform their tasks, leaving the 13 to get more involved in the fight, big guns seem to hate them with passion, nothing better than waiting the first couple minutes for the battle to develop, become fluid and moving, to just appear beside the enemies three artilleries and just ruin them before disappearing before retribution.

though I don't doubt for a second that its high camouflage rating, small size and light status could make it a useful scout, still cannot see that as its main function, hell it has something that the other scouts don't have, a reasonable gun that is capable of putting hurt on someone, that is what sets it apart from being a scout most of the time, used the AMX 13 90 in the test server and it is much better than the 75, the gun can do some actual damage vs. the opponents it ends up against.

since scouting is something I don't do, never went for it, perhaps something I need to give a go, to get the most out of the weird tank that is the AMX 13 75.

totallymadhatter #182 Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9080 battles
  • [SMOKE] SMOKE
Actually its rather simple.

If you and your amx (or whatever tank you think isn't a scout) are the smallest and lightest tank in your team, you should scout.

If one of the higher tiers with their Heavy or TD has to do it because you're insisting "BUT I'M NOT A SCOUT!!!11!"
then, you are just being a dick.

5everin #183 Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 78875 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostPLUT0NIUM_235, on 16 November 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

like said above, the AMX 13 would be much more fun if it wasn't on constant Tier IX and X scouting duties

Its always been thrown in with the t9/10s even when it was a tier 7. WG may be dropping a hint of thier own :)
I agree with your post but what is to stop you filling in the first minute of the game letting your team know where the enemy are deploying, catching their scouts as they come to do the same or later in the game locating that annoying sniper etc. I'm not saying you should compete with the t-50 etc but you can most certainly step into their shoes when there are none on your team.

If there are dedicated scouts on your team then it can sometimes be a good tactic to go with them and act as support for when they make contact. It will take some of the heat off them if you are providing covering fire or acting as a distraction

Edited by 5everin, 16 November 2012 - 05:53 PM.

azenjood #184 Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14972 battles
  • [GOT] GOT
The amx 13-75 is not a pure scout. It's burst fire potential is way too good for that. However it has good speed, it's quite agile, low profile and 390m view range isn't that bad. So it can play the scout role. So if I'm in a t10 battle, the map is open and I have no hope of penetrating anything from the front I will play the scout role. Or rather, I will become the eyes of the team. I will go forward to that bush and spot the enemy team. Artillery will be my gun. But don't expect me to go suicide rushing like all those idiots do so you safely in the back can shoot once before I inevitably die. Don't worry though, I will try to spot the enemy, but only on my terms. And I will only rush forward if I see a gap in the enemy defenses.

But if the map is not wide open I will play the role where the amx shines. I wait until the heavies collide and when they are all distracted I'll flank them and put some shots into their weakly armored parts and get the hell out.

Edited by azenjood, 18 November 2012 - 05:55 PM.

CumbDlickers #185 Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31175 battles
Well it depends on the map/team setup and your personal preference.

In last few days I ended up active scouting as t-44 being bottom tier in tier 10 battles without any light/fast med in my team on Prokhorovka and it worked well both times over 4k damage upon spotting. If you are bottom tier in tier 10 battle and on a map like that, you might want to try to scout to improve your team's chances to win.

tyco #186 Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 23262 battles
Matchmaker says 13 75 is a scout. People think it's a scout. You are most likely the last one who is the best in fulfilling this role left on the field (as T-50-2 are obviously not scouting anymore if you receive the 'command' to scout). So... why the fuck do you refuse to scout? :P

SnibediSnabs #187 Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13922 battles
I saw 3 ELC AMXs suicide to the enemy base yesterday. I cant agree more.

SnibediSnabs #188 Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13922 battles

View Postazenjood, on 18 November 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

The amx 13-75 is not a pure scout. It's burst fire potential is way too good for that. However it has good speed, it's quite agile, low profile and 390m view range isn't that bad. So it can play the scout role. So if I'm in a t10 battle, the map is open and I have no hope of penetrating anything from the front I will play the scout role. Or rather, I will become the eyes of the team. I will go forward to that bush and spot the enemy team. Artillery will be my gun. But don't expect me to go suicide rushing like all those idiots do so you safely in the back can shoot once before I inevitably die. Don't worry though, I will try to spot the enemy, but only on my terms. And I will only rush forward if I see a gap in the enemy defenses.

But if the map is not wide open I will play the role where the amx shines. I wait until the heavies collide and when they are all distracted I'll flank them and put some shots into their weakly armored parts and get the hell out.
AMX 13 75 is Agile? Hardly.

Thlurp #189 Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11413 battles
still more agile than amx12t

blacklupos #190 Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 12308 battles
The slow acceleration and mediocre agility of the amx 13 make it hard to do active scout, so I do a bush scout in the first few minutes, then go and take on the wounded enemies

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users