189 replies to this topic

Arkhell #41 Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles

View PostKuroNyra, on 28 February 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

You said that.

AMX are not scout.

no but they can do it pretty well, if there are a lot of heavy hitting tanks and an AMX, sacrificing a bigger tank with loads of pen and high damage to spot stuff (which he will prolly fail to do) is retarded if you can send in a light tank that goes 60 km/h has enough spotting range and can basicly only functionally attack stuff from the side.

AMX lights can indeed do nice amounts of damage, but sometimes they have to scout, refusing to do so is cocky and might loose a match that could of been won if the amx just went and took a peak/cirkled around and took a look instead of camping in the mid/back line of the offence because "I'm not a ascout"

I drive a patton, sometimes the match demands i use my very expensive hard hitting medium tank as a scout because i have retarded high view range, do i go "I'M NOT A SCOUT!!1!1!11"? no i take it like a man and try to spot stuff so my team as a whole benifits. This is what sapperates the glory seekers from the teamplayers. this is one of the things that make your win rate above avarages because you take one for the greater good of the team, instead of trying to save your own hide and get killed later on anyway because your team got slaugthered, because they couldn't see what was shooting them.

Ascender #42 Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21985 battles
  • [EFE] EFE
I once got shot by a teammate back when i was driving an AMX 12t for "not doing my job" i.e. scouting.

The AMX 13 90 CAN scout, but most of the scouting is best done passively, employing it's light tank stealth abilities, active scouting is an option but this should either be done very carefully on an open map with alot of hills or not at all. It is alot of firepower to throw away when you suicide scout, whereas this is not the case with the purpose-build scouts such-as the T-50-2.

The AMX 13 75 can probably scout as well, though i never fancied it. In comparison to the AMX 13 90 it's slower in both traverse, acceleration and top speed and this hurts it. Not to mention that with it's even lower hitpoint count you're oftentimes not able to take hits. The T-50-2 isn't able, but atleast it can get away and evade hits far more effectively :)

What i think people should expect from the AMX light tank series is a light medium rather than a light scout. It's about dealing damage as much as it is about anything else, this comprimises it's abilites as a pure scout.

Photeus #43 Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
While AMX is certainly not a dedicated scout it has good camo values and good view-range and excellent speed.  I never suggest suicide scouting with it, as that's a waste.  But why not drive up quickly to a forward position and spot targets for a couple minutes?

I do this myself, spotting targets for my team, until I see a weakness in the enemy flank, then I drive off and strike where needed.  It also helps me make more experience and cash.  I don't have many battles in my AMX 13 90, but I don't have to when my experience per battle averages at 1000+.

I played the AMX 12t and the Amx 13 75 the same way.  So I say Go Scout AMX, but do it your way.

orejaempezar #44 Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15141 battles
When in my AMX13-75, in an open field map, i usually give vision from a bush with the help of my camo net.

When the matches goes mid, i start trolling clueless, lonely heavies.

In urban maps i just go trolling from the beginning.

I love all the "Ur light and u killed me in my heavy, nerf french plz!"

Moujik #45 Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10202 battles
I remember I've occasionally asked an AMX to spot for the team (kindly: "could you spot for us AMX ?")

For example, In redshire we were 4 camping on the hill (2 jadgtigers, 1 AMX 13-75 and myself as a Panther 2) Facing 4 Tier 8/9 Heavys. As the situation was locked I asked the AMX If he could go spot, I knew it would be usefull for the team:
Two Jadgtiger and 1 panther2 could snipe threats and provide massive damage.

The AMX didn't answer to my request, He stayed camping in his bush. I didn't yelled at him, I just decided to go spot myself (a waste of my sniping abilities in order to unlock the situation). Jadgtigers destroyed all four targets, we did not suffer any loss, I got the benefits from my spotting, and, I hope, AMX driver learned something.

-> AMX can do a very decent job as a spotter, provided the driver has a good "situation awareness"
-> Not all requests for spotting are unjustified
-> Requests must stay requests and not orders, its a game  :Smile_honoring:

KuroNyra #46 Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15149 battles
  • [A-I-E] A-I-E

View PostArkhell, on 28 February 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

no but they can do it pretty well, if there are a lot of heavy hitting tanks and an AMX, sacrificing a bigger tank with loads of pen and high damage to spot stuff (which he will prolly fail to do) is retarded if you can send in a light tank that goes 60 km/h has enough spotting range and can basicly only functionally attack stuff from the side.

AMX lights can indeed do nice amounts of damage, but sometimes they have to scout, refusing to do so is cocky and might loose a match that could of been won if the amx just went and took a peak/cirkled around and took a look instead of camping in the mid/back line of the offence because "I'm not a ascout"

I drive a patton, sometimes the match demands i use my very expensive hard hitting medium tank as a scout because i have retarded high view range, do i go "I'M NOT A SCOUT!!1!1!11"? no i take it like a man and try to spot stuff so my team as a whole benifits. This is what sapperates the glory seekers from the teamplayers. this is one of the things that make your win rate above avarages because you take one for the greater good of the team, instead of trying to save your own hide and get killed later on anyway because your team got slaugthered, because they couldn't see what was shooting them.

Did I say I will refuse to scout with an AMX? Just for information, with my E-100, it was a necessary I scout with it (just spop the ennemy) because:
-2 arty for us, no one left for the red team.
-45hp left and an IS-7 and 2 E-75 at the other side of the hill where I was (sand river)

Everybody can "scout", but AMX are not created specificly for scout, next time I saw a guy at 2 second of the teamkill because the AMX don't want to go scout because we perfeclty know where are the ennemy, and have no chance if we attack righ now. I will protect the little AMX.

AMX are not scout, and it's hard to scout with them, but yes, they can scout. See the difference?

5everin #47 Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 79257 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Yes they are a scout and no they are not.

All depends on the map, the match maker and how the battle is going.

At the start of a match I usually either run forwards to take a position or have a peek from a vantage point and then fall back especially if I'm bottom of the tiers. Though if the opposition have lots of light tanks/scouts I may wait near arty in ambush/guard mode.

Then as the battle develops I try to fall into whatever role I think is most fitting at the time. One minute I might be sniper/Td then next minute wolf pack member with the med's, spotting for or hunting down arty or watching the back of a proper T'd.

So yes they are not bad scouts due to their speed and size but they are a lot more besides.

So if you see 'Amx Go scout..' consider it at least but look to see if its actually the best thing to do.

ps. I drive a 13-75

Candarian #48 Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35321 battles
  • [PAFLO] PAFLO
the amx are no assassins, no scouts and no soldiers
they are spys

sneak in the enemy territory
observe the enemy
and do the dirty job if necessary

it doesnt matter what your team do
you only react on the enemy team

jabster #49 Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12649 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostTrobby, on 28 February 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

GO SCOUT MY ASS!!!

It's not a T50-2. It's not a formula 1 car. And it's not a F-117 stealth fighter jet either. It's just an ordinary light tank, namely the AMX 13 75. And no, light tank does not mean "scout", a typical stereotypical bullshit that many players like to make. Suggesting that it is is just like suggesting that Japanese and Chinese people or USA and Canadians are exactly the same (Which clearly isn't the case).

I wouldn't take it personally ... there's a certain kind of player of heavy tanks that thinks that the role of all other tanks it to spot targets that they can shoot at while safely out of harm's ways. The same group of people also believes they know how to play scouts better than people who actually play scouts. More than once I've had to point out that the reason I'm still near the base is because I waiting to see if their scout makes a dash for it and the kills all the arty.

DeathByDribbling #50 Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28805 battles
Many of my best games in my AMX 13-90 have involved a fair bit of scouting - the peek over the top of the hill at speed kind.

Kalann #51 Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34648 battles
The AMX 13-90 and the 75 to a lesser degree are a multi role vehicle.

However their primary purpose and what they are best at (and having driven all of them with a good degree of success i can comment :P) they are predators, especially the 13-90.

Ambush predators mostly. How you achieve that ambush may vary, but, its all about getting in the side or rear of an enemy, using either your stealth or speed, terrain etc.

The 13-75's small long reload time circa 15 secs, changes massively with the 13-90 (40+ seconds), and its as this point that you need the cover, or to dissapear.

Yes scouting is something you can and should partially do, but anyone that uses either of the AMX 13's as a pure scout has no idea how to play it, and isn;t playing to its strengths.

The only thing in the game that my AMX 13-90 cant butt rape from behind is a Maus, everything else can be penetrated even E100's.

Load up Gold Ammo, and even Maus's are in for a world of hurt.

The AMX's primary role is that of a damage dealer.... it just achieves it in a different way from most other DD'rs

Rhenaya #52 Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7430 battles
still doesnt stop the problem from people thinking:
"hey light tank why you sit there waiting for something to ambush, go forward and light me up something, you are useless anyway"

as many people see the amx as quite useless if you are not activley rushing forward to flank enemies. thats what people fail to understand, that your main role is ambush.

Ultrafunkula #53 Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18311 battles
I never scout in the AMX because someone tells me to, I'll scout if I decide its required. Other players like to tell you how to play in this game but only you know what you need to do at any given point in a battle.

Magitech #54 Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16263 battles

View PostKuroNyra, on 28 February 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

Did I say I will refuse to scout with an AMX? Just for information, with my E-100, it was a necessary I scout with it (just spop the ennemy) because:
-2 arty for us, no one left for the red team.
-45hp left and an IS-7 and 2 E-75 at the other side of the hill where I was (sand river)

Everybody can "scout", but AMX are not created specificly for scout, next time I saw a guy at 2 second of the teamkill because the AMX don't want to go scout because we perfeclty know where are the ennemy, and have no chance if we attack righ now. I will protect the little AMX.

AMX are not scout, and it's hard to scout with them, but yes, they can scout. See the difference?

Youre right the AMX tanks you have/had (AMX-40/AMX-12t) arent really scouts because of better choices at their tier and other reasons. (lack in mobility/speed)
AMX 12t is able to scout but most of the time you get matches with better scouts in it.

BUT higher AMX tanks get better at almost everything so AMX especially the 13 series are scouts simply because they are able to do it.
I love the AMX 13/90 it fills so many roles that you will have some games where youre able to decide what you want to do but if their is no other scout in my team then i know what to do.
And no.. scouting the T50 or T50-2 way isnt scouting its racing around the map and they are the only tanks able to do that.

2alertred #55 Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:58 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17759 battles
When i see enemy amx scouting is like shoting at clay pigeons.  50:50 chance to miss/hit
And they stil survive tier 10 guns   :angry:  (needs like 3 shots usualy)

KuroNyra #56 Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15149 battles
  • [A-I-E] A-I-E

View PostCandarian, on 29 February 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

the amx are no assassins, no scouts and no soldiers
they are spys

sneak in the enemy territory
observe the enemy
and do the dirty job if necessary

it doesnt matter what your team do
you only react on the enemy team

Humhum.... Gentlemen?

They can be also used has sniper. Yes, the AMX 12 can do that pretty well. But he is just "good" and not "excellent". hey are better at support. Or being lone wolf. But watch out at the reload time.

Trobby #57 Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7257 battles
It's so frustrating when all those E75s start calling me "NOOB" because I'm not rushing the enemy for "scouting". The turning speed of the AMX is not nearly good enough for it to take on that sort of role.

I do not know of the AMX 13 90 as I am still grinding towards it. But I heard it's turns even better and accelerates better too. Maybe that could possibly be a scout, but to ask a 13 75 to scout is just really brainwashing.

vlajko #58 Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 32645 battles
  • [RAWR] RAWR

View PostTrobby, on 28 February 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

GO SCOUT MY ASS!!!
It's not a T50-2.

But to suggest that I'm a "Scout tank" just simply because I happen to be able to travel 60kmh-1 on a flat is just utter bullshit.

What it seems to me is that you're having problems differentiating scouting from suicide, which is a common misconception. 13 75 is not a scout tank because it's fast, it's a scout tank because it's agile, has good view range, very low detection ratio and camo bonuses that apply even when moving, like all light tanks do. (while non-light tanks have camo bonus only when standing still)

I had some pretty amazing scouting matches with that tank on Malinovka, Prokhorovka, Cliffs... as well on many other maps. One of my favourite tanks in game atm, 66% win rate and average XP of almost 800.

While I agree that it can be used as a harasser (as you said), due to revolver system and decent speed and agility, when you get your crew up in camo + camo net and obligatory optics on it, it becomes on of most amazing scout tanks in game as long as you use it properly. Then again, you can use it in both ways with pretty much the same setup, as you should. Act according to MM and situation, nothing is definitely predefined. Sometimes you're a scout, sometimes you're a top gun in your team.

If I may suggest, take a stroll down the replay thread, I've seen some people doing amazing stuff in it, might help a lot. :Smile_honoring:

Arallaw #59 Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28662 battles

View PostKuroNyra, on 28 February 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

a "scout" is a guy who is on the game for spotting all the ennemyu, and tell the position to everybody. People like the arty for example.

How can you spot guy for arty if you've got not enought radio range huh? The problem is solved if the arty got the best radio, but if it's not the case; You are screw both.

Anyway, AMX aren't here for scout, spot or thing like that. Try it, you will be surprised to die quickly.
[Post edited - Personal attacks/ Feji]

I'm spotting just big part of a map but not "everything", 'cause it's unhealthy. Scouts gotta have good tactical sense.

AMX 13 90 is perfect spotter in many maps because of enemy can't even see it from 500m while I'm spotting them. I get very rarely damage when I'm spotting. And I do it by making a big "rounds" towards enemy and trying to keep as much distance I can.  Arty spotting is my job when there's a clear wholes in enemy lines to abuse and flanking to get arty down. I never risk my AMX in the begin of a battle to spot enemy arty. It doesn't just make sense. Just some T-50-2 rockets can survive of spotting enemy arty in the begin of a battle.

This is just one ability of AMX. I'm not denying that AMX's can't be used in killing things etc.

gazzer21 #60 Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40767 battles
  • [-NMZ-] -NMZ-
what WG thing the AMX is

turns out its a scout  :Smile_great:

best quote "this little cockroach"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users