Japanese tanks and tech tree.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

ice36bc #1 Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3882 battles
  • [PBO] PBO
Japanese Tanks and Tech Tree.

I like to see American go against japan in World of Tanks.

From Ice36bc tanks for reading and voting.

WAROFHELIUM #2 Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:52 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 11557 battles
  • [B0OT] B0OT
first they will add td lines and complete the frencies and than come the english afther that the japs will come knowing wg that will take about 2 years before you drive a jap tank http://forum.worldof...le_honoring.gif

nunuzece #3 Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:43 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19961 battles
i think you will see jap tanks somewhere in november 2012. or in the beginning of 2013.

Mhtsos #4 Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4294 battles
Jap tanks will be inplemented far into the future.
They didn't even finish the american/russian tech trees!

Personally I would like to see british tanks before any papier mache jap tank.

tango_delta #5 Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11458 battles
Do we have any ideas what type of tanks the japanese tanks are going to be? I mean generally russians have big alpha guns, german are more precise with higher rof and americans are kind of mix of those with generally good turret armor. And the french have the autoloader. What's the strengths for british and japanese tanks?

Lord_Woff #6 Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18679 battles
  • [NO-VI] NO-VI

View Posttango_delta, on 29 February 2012 - 06:58 AM, said:

Do we have any ideas what type of tanks the japanese tanks are going to be? I mean generally russians have big alpha guns, german are more precise with higher rof and americans are kind of mix of those with generally good turret armor. And the french have the autoloader. What's the strengths for british and japanese tanks?

Auto Kamikaze for the japs and Sigar Holder for the UK. ?  

DaWyrm #7 Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:49 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 1426 battles
Jap tanks were known for their paper-thin armor and pea-shooter guns, so I bet they will be loved in the game :)

I remember reading that AP-ammo was ineffective against jap tanks since they just went straight through without doing much damage. HE was prefered for this reason :Smile_great:

Mhtsos #8 Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:50 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4294 battles

View Posttango_delta, on 29 February 2012 - 06:58 AM, said:

Playing dead?Kamikaze ram?

Who knows :S

F1ashbang #9 Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 13722 battles
  • [VGAB] VGAB
Already people start bitching about how bad uk and jap tanks going to be??? x) no one seem to remember how wrong they where about the french tanks before they came to the game :P

Gigaton #10 Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4675 battles
There are very few Japanese tanks that are confirmed by developer word at the moment, but we do know that STA-1 will be the tier 9 medium and that a 140 ton heavy (enlarged O-I?) will be the tier 10 heavy.

STA-1, the tier 9 medium:

Spoiler                     

AFAIK, there are no photographs that survive of the 100 ton+ heavy projects (likely tier 8-10), but this drawing does float around (I guess this would specifically be the 120 ton heavy, possible tier 9):

Spoiler                     

These are likely candidates for tier 8-9 TD (as you can see, they are basically Japanese Ferdi and JT. Only drawings were made), though this has not been confirmed:

Spoiler                     

Type 3 Chi-Nu was the "baddest" tank Japan got around to deploying in any numbers (for Home Island defense), possibly tier 4-5:

Spoiler                     

Again, only the tier 9 medium and tier 10 heavy are actually confirmed.

Superstar31 #11 Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11909 battles
  • [E-J-P] E-J-P
looks nice that jap tanks  :Smile-playing:

Mhtsos #12 Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4294 battles
They would have to include all tank sketches they can find because the best jap tank produced in any quantity was hardly equall to M4A(if I remember correctly was Chi-Nu Type 3).

Already people start bitching about how bad uk and jap tanks going to be??? x) no one seem to remember how wrong they where about the french tanks before they came to the game  

IRL too Japs had subpar tanks,so if they want to give them a fighting chance have to "balance" them in some weird and totally unhistorical way.
IRL French had suberb tanks prewar and early on(and postwar).
I don't believe there is a guy that will find Centurion,Turtle or even Conqueror bad tanks.

Gigaton #13 Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4675 battles

View PostMhtsos, on 29 February 2012 - 09:02 AM, said:

IRL too Japs had subpar tanks,so if they want to give them a fighting chance have to "balance" them in some weird and totally unhistorical way.

I see no reason why Ha-Go wouldn't be a fine tier 2 light or why Chi-Ha wouldn't work as tier 3 medium. Those were the mainstays of Japan's armoured fleet during WW2 (and before).

Mhtsos #14 Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4294 battles

View PostGigaton, on 29 February 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

I see no reason why Ha-Go wouldn't be a fine tier 2 light or why Chi-Ha wouldn't work as tier 3 medium. Those were the mainstays of Japan's armoured fleet during WW2 (and before).

Because before the Chi-Ha 47mm, the Chi-ha 57mm had barely enough penetration to defeat BT armor(even that in close quarters),even the 34mm of Stuarts was too thick for them.At least the french tanks have an advantage(thick armor for their tier).Japanese had nothing,except the 47mm all other guns were vastly underpowered(for the tier,not mentioning the 75+mm's).
Even then a single M4A Sherman could dominate any jap tank.

Ha-Go just couldn't upgrade,it was too small,the gun it mounts is even worse than Chi-Ha's.The only redeaming feature is the good speed(~23km/h off road).

Last but not least all Japanese tanks had wielded armor that was brittle and prone to shuttering(like italian armor).So a single hit(even if it doesn't penetrates) could kill most crew.

I really don't see alot in implimenting Japanese tanks in WOT,it doesn't really worth it.

Terran_wrath #15 Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 15462 battles
  • [READ] READ
I remind many ppl who let theirself out about how shit french tanks would be efore they came out... now they cry because they get killed on and on by them. :P
Same will happen to other french tanks and british... same as for japanese tanks...
We talk again when they are out... love to see the cry topics the. We meet there... 100%! :D

One thing I'm sure to see... the O-I @ tier 9 or 10... but 105mm seems me to weak for tier 9+. Maybe they put one of the concept guns in it some of the 120mm japanese arty. :)
Type 61 could be some M24 like scout...

Cheers! :Smile_honoring:

Highway_Star #16 Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13113 battles
Knowing how anti-British WG.net are, we'll see jap tanks before brit tanks.

Listy #17 Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 11606 battles
  • [OAP] OAP

View PostDaWyrm, on 29 February 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

I remember reading that AP-ammo was ineffective against jap tanks since they just went straight through without doing much damage. HE was prefered for this reason :Smile_great:

**boom**
WRONG!

Sorry, that's one of those urban myths that gets me annoyed. It just seems no one ever listens to me.

I've spent several years researching the IJA, and frankly I've heard that one millions of times. So I went looking for the evidence behind that comment.
I found ONE incident, yes just one, from the start of the Sino-Japanese war all the way through to 1945. In one of the island landings the USMC had landed, and held a fragile beachhead. The USMC tankers had been fighting all day and hadn't had a chance to bomb up. As they used AP round for knocking out all the Japanese bunkers, all they had left was HE.
Towards the end of the day ~30 Type 95's launched a Final Charge assault. The US tankers were left with the choice to use HE, or not fire. The shots along with the marines organic weapons did for the charge. I do suspect that it was more down to the organic weapons of the USMC that did for it, than a few Sherman's firing HE. However as it was all rather hectic exact tallys were never made, so we'll never know.
That is the only basis in the myth I can find in reality.

Gigaton #18 Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4675 battles

View PostMhtsos, on 29 February 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

Because before the Chi-Ha 47mm, the Chi-ha 57mm had barely enough penetration to defeat BT armor(even that in close quarters),even the 34mm of Stuarts was too thick for them.At least the french tanks have an advantage(thick armor for their tier).Japanese had nothing,except the 47mm all other guns were vastly underpowered(for the tier,not mentioning the 75+mm's).
Even then a single M4A Sherman could dominate any jap tank.

Ha-Go just couldn't upgrade,it was too small,the gun it mounts is even worse than Chi-Ha's.The only redeaming feature is the good speed(~23km/h off road).

I really don't see alot in implimenting Japanese tanks in WOT,it doesn't really worth it.

Well, yes, a single M4 would have been (and was) a monster opponent on par Tiger for any interwar tank. Nothing specific to Japanese tanks. Try fighting one with stock Panzer III Ausf. A in WoT (a contemporary with Chi-Ha).

As for the 57mm, it wasn't horrible or anything when compared to the typical 37mm guns of the age (against which Stuart was supposed to be relatively immune to from frontal arc). At Khalkin Gol the issue was more with the Type 89's 57mm and 37mm guns (there were, in fact, only 4 Chi-Has in the battle according to Coox's book). Ha-Go actually did get higher velocity 37mm gun and was also also fitted with 57mm gun later in the war, as Type 4 Ke-Nu.

And why would Ha-Go and Chi-Ha not get their 57mm and 47mm guns as top ones respectively?

Anyway, here is the fan made techtree from US fora, including weapon suggestions:

Spoiler                     

http://forum.worldof...n/page__st__320

View PostTerran_wrath, on 29 February 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

Type 61 could be some M24 like scout...

STA-1 is the first prototype for Type 61.

DaWyrm #19 Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 1426 battles

View PostListy, on 29 February 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

**boom**
WRONG!

Sorry, that's one of those urban myths that gets me annoyed. It just seems no one ever listens to me.

I've spent several years researching the IJA, and frankly I've heard that one millions of times. So I went looking for the evidence behind that comment.
I found ONE incident, yes just one, from the start of the Sino-Japanese war all the way through to 1945. In one of the island landings the USMC had landed, and held a fragile beachhead. The USMC tankers had been fighting all day and hadn't had a chance to bomb up. As they used AP round for knocking out all the Japanese bunkers, all they had left was HE.
Towards the end of the day ~30 Type 95's launched a Final Charge assault. The US tankers were left with the choice to use HE, or not fire. The shots along with the marines organic weapons did for the charge. I do suspect that it was more down to the organic weapons of the USMC that did for it, than a few Sherman's firing HE. However as it was all rather hectic exact tallys were never made, so we'll never know.
That is the only basis in the myth I can find in reality.

Thanks for pointing that out. I've seen it in so many places that I've regarded it as fact. More knowledge is always useful :)

Wizzmann #20 Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20359 battles
  • [TMB] TMB
Japanesse T10 heavy is a prototype model they started working on late '40. It received some modifications in 50s and 60s but never seen mass production.

Spoiler                     

It will be armed with twin gatling laser cannons and satellite guided nukes. However paper armor and long reloading time will be ballanced.