• [EPIC] EPIC
New record with my T-34 ;)

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_006.jpg   375.94K

JocaTrica #22 Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:36 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 23 battles
T-34/57 and T-34/85 have been the most enjoyable tanks to me so far.

psychodad75 #23 Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:17 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostZlodey_USSR, on 09 September 2010 - 03:16 PM, said:

Its fast, really fast, and with very accurate zis cannon its kills KV-1, 2, even Tigers. PZ IV is easy frag for me on it, with lovely zis and 100% crew, off cource. Also, any arty in your sight and any light tanks will die fast :)
But DO NOT stop. If you stopped, you may die really fast. Its sloped armor can save you with ricochet, its may happen few times in battle, but better circle fast around your enemies than just stay.

Fast shooting, accurate, fast moving tank which can inflict enough damage for killing many other medium tanks and some heavy.
With skill and luck you can kill Panther, for sample.

Seriously? I HATE that tank. I get one shotted by almost everything and shooting on the run is a joke (but thats true for most tanks). I am shocked to see so much love for it because I am miserable right now cause of the grind to get out of it.

lilov #24 Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:16 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 31768 battles
  • [EPIC] EPIC
Shooting on the run requires crew of 100% ;) If you have this - you're all set with the 57 mm.

GTORA2 #25 Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:21 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
T34 is the best T5 in the game. The 57 rocks and with Rammer is like a little autocanon.

The tank doesnt start to shine until the crew is in the 80s..

and on that topic, why do people go, "the tank sucks" then you ask, "what's the crew at?" they respond with "66%" or some such? Why is it hard to figure out your crew plays a HUGE role? Have these people never gotten a 100% crew to see it on their own?

You can not judge a tank with a crew under 80% IMO.

Sykotic #26 Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostGTORA2, on 16 September 2010 - 09:21 PM, said:

T34 is the best T5 in the game. The 57 rocks and with Rammer is like a little autocanon.

and on that topic, why do people go, "the tank sucks" then you ask, "what's the crew at?" they respond with "66%" or some such? Why is it hard to figure out your crew plays a HUGE role? Have these people never gotten a 100% crew to see it on their own?

+1 for everything

psychodad75 #27 Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:55 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostGTORA2, on 16 September 2010 - 09:21 PM, said:

Probably because it takes a really long time (or gold) to get the tank crew up to over 80%. Therefore, you spend a ton of time playing in a tank that is crap. Why is it so hard to figure out that playing anything that is sub par just in the hopes it gets better eventually is just not fun?

EDIT: Now I will say that I do not have the gun everyone here likes. My goal was to move up the tree and the exp gain/need ratio is very off balance IMO so I stuck to the line that will move me on. I couldnt justify the exp on the gun line when the next tank block is so costly. Not to mention the big slow firing gun was listed as a higher damage gun (with almost same penetration) then the others so seemed worth the cost. But it sounds like I might have more success if I switched guns.
Or is there some secret to getting the crew up to 100% really quick? Because I have been in the t-34 pretty much since the soft wipe and my crew is at like 67%.

Sykotic #28 Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postpsychodad75, on 17 September 2010 - 04:55 PM, said:

Probably because it takes a really long time (or gold) to get the tank crew up to over 80%. Therefore, you spend a ton of time playing in a tank that is crap. Why is it so hard to figure out that playing anything that is sub par just in the hopes it gets better eventually is just not fun?
Then you aren't going to like this game at all from Tier 5 on. Almost all of the tanks suck when they are stock with a crew under 80%. This is an MMO with a persistent world. Grinding up your "character"/"tank" is the basis of this game. If you think the T-34 is bad with new crew and stock modules you should try the VK3001(P) or the Tiger.

So, I guess my answer to you is to stick it out. If you want instant gratification then you should probably play something like Counter-Strike or Urban Terror.

ZingFreelancer #29 Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:25 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 6971 battles
I tried using T-34 to dance around KV-3 but he was able to kill me rather quick. Save my crew only at 80%, but my vehicle is fully researched and equipped.
What is the correct technique to circle around heavy tanks without them being able to shoot you?

psychodad75 #30 Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:21 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostSykotic, on 17 September 2010 - 10:26 PM, said:

Then you aren't going to like this game at all from Tier 5 on. Almost all of the tanks suck when they are stock with a crew under 80%. This is an MMO with a persistent world. Grinding up your "character"/"tank" is the basis of this game. If you think the T-34 is bad with new crew and stock modules you should try the VK3001(P) or the Tiger.

So, I guess my answer to you is to stick it out. If you want instant gratification then you should probably play something like Counter-Strike or Urban Terror.

I dont care for either of those games nor am I looking for instant gratification. I have played nearly every MMO on the market so I understand the concept of leveling. However, if a gamer is not having fun then there is no incentive to continue to play. And you may be right, this game may not be for me. The grind is so long and unrewarding that it is starting to feel like an Asian MMO of wich I am not a fan. But I have signed on to test (located bugs, seek game improvements etc) and I shall continue to do so.

But I have allowed us to get off topic. The question posed was "T-34, What do you think?" I personally am not impressed with it at all but I think it just might not match my play style. The screen shots posted by others are very impressive. But I rarely play with other 34's and when I do they are just as dead as I am lol.

Sykotic #31 Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postpsychodad75, on 18 September 2010 - 09:21 AM, said:

I dont care for either of those games nor am I looking for instant gratification. I have played nearly every MMO on the market so I understand the concept of leveling. However, if a gamer is not having fun then there is no incentive to continue to play. And you may be right, this game may not be for me. The grind is so long and unrewarding that it is starting to feel like an Asian MMO of wich I am not a fan. But I have signed on to test (located bugs, seek game improvements etc) and I shall continue to do so.

But I have allowed us to get off topic. The question posed was "T-34, What do you think?" I personally am not impressed with it at all but I think it just might not match my play style. The screen shots posted by others are very impressive. But I rarely play with other 34's and when I do they are just as dead as I am lol.
Off-topic isn't bad as long as there is a good point to be made. Right now it is hard to judge how good the T-34 is simply because there are overwhelming numbers of higher tier vehicles in battles now. Pre-wipe and post-release the T-34 will be a very good tank. Also, it might be better as of 2 days ago when the devs tweaked the matchmaking system for battles. You are right about playstyle though. I have found out during the beta that I don't really like TDs at all. I am proficient with them, but the way they play annoys me. Same for Heavy Tanks. I have gotten good at the methodical style necessary, but don't like it nearly as much as the darting, never stop moving style of the Mediums.

I realize your crew isn't 80%+ yet, but it really does make a big difference. One way to get them past 80% is to spend the 200 gold per crewmember to train them. This will put them at 100% and unlock secondary skills. If you are poor or don't want to spend 800 gold then just spend 200 gold and get the driver to 100%. That will make a ton of difference in the way the tank drives. MUCH more agile and better acceleration. Gunner wouldn't be a bad 2nd choice if you wanted to spend 400 gold.

The other thing that will speed up crew training and also your credit/XP rate is to get a premium account. Even if for just a day it will make progress go much faster.

Now, if you aren't having fun (now or after my suggestions) then that is a problem. I would suggest trying a different tree in that case. That is the good thing about this beta is that you will get to try new things with no permanent consequences for your account. Right now the beta is all about testing the game engine and the balance. There is a lack of battle types that will be introduced before or shortly after release. Along with the clan battles which will introduce a LOT more teamwork.

As for the grind part of the game, it is necessary. Make it too easy to get to level 60 (Tier 10) and people will get bored. Make it too hard and they leave. The grinding process in WoT definitely forces a person to develop a lot of skill driving a particular vehicle. It is also satisfying to get a new vehicle (ok, not that satisfying since a new vehicle is generally very underpowered) and very satisfying to unlock all of the modules that make your vehicle really shine.

Sykotic #32 Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Double posted because the board is being VERY sluggish today.

psychodad75 #33 Posted 18 September 2010 - 03:50 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostSykotic, on 18 September 2010 - 12:53 PM, said:

Off-topic isn't bad as long as there is a good point to be made. Right now it is hard to judge how good the T-34 is simply because there are overwhelming numbers of higher tier vehicles in battles now. Pre-wipe and post-release the T-34 will be a very good tank. Also, it might be better as of 2 days ago when the devs tweaked the matchmaking system for battles. You are right about playstyle though. I have found out during the beta that I don't really like TDs at all. I am proficient with them, but the way they play annoys me. Same for Heavy Tanks. I have gotten good at the methodical style necessary, but don't like it nearly as much as the darting, never stop moving style of the Mediums.

I realize your crew isn't 80%+ yet, but it really does make a big difference. One way to get them past 80% is to spend the 200 gold per crewmember to train them. This will put them at 100% and unlock secondary skills. If you are poor or don't want to spend 800 gold then just spend 200 gold and get the driver to 100%. That will make a ton of difference in the way the tank drives. MUCH more agile and better acceleration. Gunner wouldn't be a bad 2nd choice if you wanted to spend 400 gold.

The other thing that will speed up crew training and also your credit/XP rate is to get a premium account. Even if for just a day it will make progress go much faster.

EDIT: I just went in game and messed around with the crews and discovered (drum roll please) right clicking gives more info. Man I feel less then smart right now lol.

Now, if you aren't having fun (now or after my suggestions) then that is a problem. I would suggest trying a different tree in that case. That is the good thing about this beta is that you will get to try new things with no permanent consequences for your account. Right now the beta is all about testing the game engine and the balance. There is a lack of battle types that will be introduced before or shortly after release. Along with the clan battles which will introduce a LOT more teamwork.

As for the grind part of the game, it is necessary. Make it too easy to get to level 60 (Tier 10) and people will get bored. Make it too hard and they leave. The grinding process in WoT definitely forces a person to develop a lot of skill driving a particular vehicle. It is also satisfying to get a new vehicle (ok, not that satisfying since a new vehicle is generally very underpowered) and very satisfying to unlock all of the modules that make your vehicle really shine.

Very well put sir with solid information. Thank you. I am curious about a couple of the things you said though. One; what secondary skills? My Matilda's crew is 100% (110 actually) but I dont see any skills listed. Two; I dont see any real way to be able to just hop over and try another tree. Without a respec option this just isnt possible.

You are very accurate in stating that it is hard to be successful in the current state of the game since so many people are in top tier tanks. As for the possibility of the match making system improving matters. Well, I have to say that it has not. Before the new system I was stuck in battles where my 34 was low man on the pole in a team filled with heavies. Now? I am low man on pole with team of heavies AND artillery. lol

Edited by psychodad75, 18 September 2010 - 03:54 PM.

Sykotic #34 Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postpsychodad75, on 18 September 2010 - 03:50 PM, said:

Very well put sir with solid information. Thank you. I am curious about a couple of the things you said though. One; what secondary skills? My Matilda's crew is 100% (110 actually) but I dont see any skills listed. Two; I dont see any real way to be able to just hop over and try another tree. Without a respec option this just isnt possible.

You are very accurate in stating that it is hard to be successful in the current state of the game since so many people are in top tier tanks. As for the possibility of the match making system improving matters. Well, I have to say that it has not. Before the new system I was stuck in battles where my 34 was low man on the pole in a team filled with heavies. Now? I am low man on pole with team of heavies AND artillery. lol
I don't know whether or not Premium tank crews get secondary skills or not. Once a crew hits 100% there should be a + sign on the lower right corner of their nameplate in the garage. You can click that and choose a secondary skill. For pictures and explanations MemoryReborn did this excellent FAQ on it here: http://forum.worldof.../8498-faq-crew/

One way to try a new tree is to save up your Free Experience and just bypass Tier 2 and possibly Tier 3. In most cases this will take no more than 1000 to 4000 experience and you will have unlocked Tier 4. Arty is more expensive then the other trees, but the average is around 1500 experience to unlock Tier 4.

As for the matchmaking system they are still tweaking it. I did notice an improvement 2 days ago when they did their latest tweak. It obviously still needs more work. Right now since the only option is Random Battle it is very "random" what you will get. Once they introduce new battle types it should get a lot better. There is talk of Tiered Battles where you would only fight tanks in your bracket (say Tier 4 - Tier 6 and Tier 7 - Tier 10). However, there is nothing definite on that. They have stated definitively that they are actively working on a 30 vs. 30 battle type (and new, much larger maps corresponding to this type of battle) and also clan battles. We are still in Closed Beta and there is work still to be done.

So far, I think they have a nice game out and the basis for a very good long-term game. I am definitely hooked and the game isn't even finished. I shudder to think how much money I will put in to it once it is released. Still, it will end up being cheaper than hookers and coke.   :-)

GTORA2 #35 Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:51 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostSykotic, on 18 September 2010 - 06:57 PM, said:

I don't know whether or not Premium tank crews get secondary skills or not. Once a crew hits 100% there should be a + sign on the lower right corner of their nameplate in the garage. You can click that and choose a secondary skill. For pictures and explanations MemoryReborn did this excellent FAQ on it here: http://forum.worldof.../8498-faq-crew/

One way to try a new tree is to save up your Free Experience and just bypass Tier 2 and possibly Tier 3. In most cases this will take no more than 1000 to 4000 experience and you will have unlocked Tier 4. Arty is more expensive then the other trees, but the average is around 1500 experience to unlock Tier 4.

As for the matchmaking system they are still tweaking it. I did notice an improvement 2 days ago when they did their latest tweak. It obviously still needs more work. Right now since the only option is Random Battle it is very "random" what you will get. Once they introduce new battle types it should get a lot better. There is talk of Tiered Battles where you would only fight tanks in your bracket (say Tier 4 - Tier 6 and Tier 7 - Tier 10). However, there is nothing definite on that. They have stated definitively that they are actively working on a 30 vs. 30 battle type (and new, much larger maps corresponding to this type of battle) and also clan battles. We are still in Closed Beta and there is work still to be done.

So far, I think they have a nice game out and the basis for a very good long-term game. I am definitely hooked and the game isn't even finished. I shudder to think how much money I will put in to it once it is released. Still, it will end up being cheaper than hookers and coke.   :-)

They do, I bought the Commander and Driver to 100 when I bought the T34 post wipe. I left the rest of the crew at 75%. Both the 100% crew guys had skills to pick.

The Commander in the T34 is critical because he has to be both gunner and commander, I think its why it seems really bad when the crew sucks.

The new MM system sometimes has my T34 as top tank or top 5, making for some really fun games.  The T34 eats Panzer IVs, III/IVs and T28s for breakfast.  You can even circle kill other T34s silly enough to use the 76s guns.  It is a great light hunter as well.

Edit here is a nice score... (prem)

Victory!
Battle: Lakeville Saturday, September 18, 2010 4:12:25 PM
Tank: T-34
Earned:
1,693 Experience
37,575 Credits

Heggs #36 Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:52 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 10083 battles
80% and better crew + Zis57mm and it rocks.I have one fully upgraded and pimped(mods) and its great fun tbh.I cant make up my mind which I prefer PzIII or T34.

NTRabbit #37 Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:56 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I think it's a crap tank.

I have the 57mm and a 78% crew with every other upgrade and it is routinely beaten by Panzer IV's and Leopards, has been beaten by III's and can't touch anything above another T-34.

If it's not being one shotted by a high tier tank, then it is being de-tracked in one shot by something else and, while taking 10s or so to fix the track either dies to artillery, or is taken out in another 2-3 shots by a Leopard or a Pz III or a Pz IV or one of the mid tier VK tanks. I tried carrying repairs, but my tracks are just one shotted out again before I can even move.

The gun, I use exclusively HE because the AP bounces 50% or more when fired at everything above tier 3, no matter how carefully I aim. When firing the HE at tier 6, it will only register damage with a hit to the rear, for about 1-2% per shot, anything larger doesn't get scratched.

Dogfighting it's pretty worthless, because it is constantly being detracked, and the turret doesn't rotate fast enough to deal with light tanks, which typically take 2-3 hits to kill. My T-34 has thrown more tracks than just about all of my other tanks put together.

I've had a hell of a lot more fun playing with my Assault StuG.

lilov #38 Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:18 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 31768 battles
  • [EPIC] EPIC
You can't play with this tank, period. Wait for crew to get to 100, use ONLY AP rounds and learn to move constantly and blow things up(last game I killed KV-3 with it).

NTRabbit #39 Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:55 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postblilov, on 20 September 2010 - 11:18 AM, said:

You can't play with this tank, period. Wait for crew to get to 100, use ONLY AP rounds and learn to move constantly and blow things up(last game I killed KV-3 with it).

I can drive this tank plenty fine, I just find it to be a complete waste of time if the only way it is ever good is with 100% crew - why would I bother doing that when with a paltry 68% crew my StuG survives more, does more damage, gets more kills and earns far more credits against exactly the same opponents that any sub-perfect T-34 completely fails against?

lilov #40 Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:00 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 31768 battles
  • [EPIC] EPIC
Do you want me to show you 2 games, in which I made 40 k with the T-34? I rarely get under 20 k with it(premium). So I don't believe you can make such money with the StuG.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users