Jump to content


T-34 What do you think


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
210 replies to this topic

Zlodey_USSR #41 Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:12 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 554 battles
  • 55
  • Member since:
    08-23-2010

View PostZingFreelancer, on 18 September 2010 - 05:25 AM, said:

I tried using T-34 to dance around KV-3 but he was able to kill me rather quick. Save my crew only at 80%, but my vehicle is fully researched and equipped.
What is the correct technique to circle around heavy tanks without them being able to shoot you?

In this situation, turn off auto aim. Then blow up his tracks, and then shoot in weak points - in rear armor, side armor, cannon, etc. Periodically use HE shells, but they can not penetrate KV-3 armor.
This requires skill and little luck, but killing KV-3 on T-34 is possible. Just do not stop.

NTRabbit #42 Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:18 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 41
  • Member since:
    09-09-2010

View Postblilov, on 20 September 2010 - 01:00 PM, said:

Do you want me to show you 2 games, in which I made 40 k with the T-34? I rarely get under 20 k with it(premium). So I don't believe you can make such money with the StuG.

I routinely make 18-25k with my StuG, and my highest ever was 36k.

Never made more than 16k with a T-34

lilov #43 Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:33 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31768 battles
  • 198
  • [EPIC] EPIC
  • Member since:
    07-08-2010
Well, then you're just TD driver(hide and shoot from a bush). I like to be in the middle of the action, so I rush to scout with my T-34 and kill what I can. It works for me, this really is the most fun tank out there and it makes money like crazy.
Today I bought for my baby Binocular and Rammer. Any suggestions what to be the third?

NTRabbit #44 Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:00 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 41
  • Member since:
    09-09-2010

View Postblilov, on 20 September 2010 - 01:33 PM, said:

Well, then you're just TD driver(hide and shoot from a bush). I like to be in the middle of the action, so I rush to scout with my T-34 and kill what I can. It works for me, this really is the most fun tank out there and it makes money like crazy.
Today I bought for my baby Binocular and Rammer. Any suggestions what to be the third?

No, while I do hide in the bushes sometimes, especially against tier 8+, I tend to enjoy myself running the StuG around like the assault gun it was, it's a hell of a lot of fun. Turning circle aint great though so if you miss the first time or misjudge exactly which enemy you're charging at it can end quickly, but it's deadly to tiers 6 and 7 if you manage to catch them with their pants down, it's great for charging in behind the surviving Leopards and PIII's in midgame (yet to see an A-20 actually survive to midgame).

T-34 is just agony on wheels, which is a pity, because I had been looking forward to it.

Sykotic #45 Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:18 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 571
  • Member since:
    07-09-2010

View Postblilov, on 20 September 2010 - 01:33 PM, said:

Today I bought for my baby Binocular and Rammer. Any suggestions what to be the third?
Spall liner to help against Arty.

baki502 #46 Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:04 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 6219 battles
  • 460
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
well i like the t34 very much but with 75% its around 30kmh fast and thats poor. I will look forward to 100%
How i train my crew from 75 to 100 % with gold? Or do i have to buy new crew?

The biggest kills i had 6 with it. Then i had around 70% and not fully upgraded but i have to admit the half pf them where almost under 50%
I kiled a tiger 2 too which had 30% neeeded 4 -5 shots he got me once and took 400 hp away Oo but then he missed two times :D

FilipMinee #47 Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:26 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 17616 battles
  • 1,443
  • [BE_NL] BE_NL
  • Member since:
    07-15-2010
t34 with good crew 57mm gun and good modules is best tenk in game...

Not strongest but best. Makes money like hell it is ultra fun and very very strong ! Most of the time you will not play with ultra heavy tanks and you will have tons of fun   , and if you do its great scout medium tank and can hurt other medium tanks and arty very easy.

end of thread :D

lilov #48 Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:23 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31768 battles
  • 198
  • [EPIC] EPIC
  • Member since:
    07-08-2010

View PostStormscion, on 20 September 2010 - 04:26 PM, said:

t34 with good crew 57mm gun and good modules is best tenk in game...

Not strongest but best. Makes money like hell it is ultra fun and very very strong ! Most of the time you will not play with ultra heavy tanks and you will have tons of fun   , and if you do its great scout medium tank and can hurt other medium tanks and arty very easy.

end of thread :D

+1

And to show you why this is the best tank:

Attached Files

  • Attached File   shot_014.jpg   372.74K
  • Attached File   shot_015.jpg   333.36K


lilov #49 Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:41 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31768 battles
  • 198
  • [EPIC] EPIC
  • Member since:
    07-08-2010
And another one:

Attached Files

  • Attached File   shot_017.jpg   357.55K
  • Attached File   shot_018.jpg   313.26K


NTRabbit #50 Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:09 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 41
  • Member since:
    09-09-2010
I'm sure it's easy enough to pull those sorts of fanciful stats in a lot of vehicles, taking 100% crew and upgrades up against people with low % crews in grind tanks.

There's just no getting around it, if you have anything less than complete perfection this is a rubbish tank.

baki502 #51 Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:31 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 6219 battles
  • 460
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
i like the t 34 but i think i will like it more with 100% crew
I love fast tanks and i would have stayed at the a20 if it would have penetrated at least an luchs and would have more armor

MiG_Hunter #52 Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:09 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 15692 battles
  • 167
  • [AHAZ] AHAZ
  • Member since:
    08-07-2010

View PostNTRabbit, on 20 September 2010 - 08:09 PM, said:

I'm sure it's easy enough to pull those sorts of fanciful stats in a lot of vehicles, taking 100% crew and upgrades up against people with low % crews in grind tanks.There's just no getting around it, if you have anything less than complete perfection this is a rubbish tank.

I still don't have everything on my T-34, and still don't have 100% crew. But it's still one of the best tanks I've ever used in this game.
Circling higher tier tanks is rather easy, and it's fast enough to trouble most artillery users out there.
But just about every tank is rubbish if it isn't upgraded or have decent crew. So I guess it evens out a bit :P

But @ OP. I find the T-34 to be an awesome tank :D

psychodad75 #53 Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:35 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    09-01-2010

View PostStormscion, on 20 September 2010 - 04:26 PM, said:


Most of the time you will not play with ultra heavy tanks and you will have tons of fun   , and if you do its great scout medium tank and can hurt other medium tanks and arty very easy.



Then the match making system must HATE me. Because I can not remember a time where I was anything but the bottom tank. Even now that I have 100% crew and all upgrades (even bought the rapid loader module) and still I am in games full of tier 8-10. And in my opinion, scouting sucks and is not fun. But it seems thats all I ever get to do cause I cant kill anything.

Would be awesome if I could get on a map filled with lower tier tanks or at least on a team that knew what teamwork was and didnt just go off and do their own thing. lol

conductiv #54 Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:07 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 34565 battles
  • 3,372
  • [FIFO] FIFO
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

View Postpsychodad75, on 20 September 2010 - 11:35 PM, said:

Then the match making system must HATE me. Because I can not remember a time where I was anything but the bottom tank. Even now that I have 100% crew and all upgrades (even bought the rapid loader module) and still I am in games full of tier 8-10. And in my opinion, scouting sucks and is not fun. But it seems thats all I ever get to do cause I cant kill anything.

Would be awesome if I could get on a map filled with lower tier tanks or at least on a team that knew what teamwork was and didnt just go off and do their own thing. lol

apperantly the matchmaking system does hate you, even though my experience with the T-34 doesn't exacly match other people's descriptons, it is a very "strong" tank.

I have a 80%+ crew, and I only use the rammer equipment on the tank, I have all upgrades, I use that 57mm gun with the high penetration, accuracy and ROF, best engine, best suspension and radio.

even though I feel its less agile then people describe (really it accelerates slower then my VK3001P), its gun is capable of killing heavy tanks up to the IS-3 and king tiger. at least up to the moment they aim their massive gun at you (a very simular risk as light tanks have while fighting arty) because you're at risk of becomming 1 shot.

I hope its agility increases as my crew gains the last bits of experience, that would increase the tanks survivability, the only poor side of the tank.

Sykotic #55 Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:07 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 571
  • Member since:
    07-09-2010

View Postconductiv, on 21 September 2010 - 02:07 PM, said:

even though I feel its less agile then people describe (really it accelerates slower then my VK3001P)
I won't say the T-34 is a fast accelerating tank, but it felt a LOT faster than the VK3001(P). That could be my dislike for the VK3001(P) just coming through, but I am fairly certain it does accelerate faster than the VK3001(P). It definitely doesn't bleed speed in a turn as fast as the VK3001(P). The T-34 is definitely slower accelerating than the VK3002(DB) and probably the VK3001(H). I haven't used the VK3001(H) so I can't say for sure, but others have said it is a very nimble Medium. I would say the T-34 is the 5th fastest accelerating Medium (assuming you are using the most common cannon/turret/track configurations) behind the T-44, VK3002(DB), VK3001(H), and the Pz III/IV.

conductiv #56 Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:11 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 34565 battles
  • 3,372
  • [FIFO] FIFO
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

View PostSykotic, on 21 September 2010 - 04:07 PM, said:

I won't say the T-34 is a fast accelerating tank, but it felt a LOT faster than the VK3001(P). That could be my dislike for the VK3001(P) just coming through, but I am fairly certain it does accelerate faster than the VK3001(P). It definitely doesn't bleed speed in a turn as fast as the VK3001(P). The T-34 is definitely slower accelerating than the VK3002(DB) and probably the VK3001(H). I haven't used the VK3001(H) so I can't say for sure, but others have said it is a very nimble Medium. I would say the T-34 is the 5th fastest accelerating Medium (assuming you are using the most common cannon/turret/track configurations) behind the T-44, VK3002(DB), VK3001(H), and the Pz III/IV.

I posted my setup the second alinea of the post, just saying since it seems you missed it.

could be a difference in crew skill and equipment. my VK3001P has played 450+ matches crew is at 100% and I use improved ventillation to improve all crew related factors even more (so I have a 105% commander and 116% crew). it accelerates quite well for me.

the T-34 is a tier lower however and is on the same level when it comes down to usefullness and DPS, its not as accurate..yet (crawling towards 100% crew). and lacks top speed. but if fires fast and it penetrates a lot of targets. its a very enjoyable tank for me, I'm doubting if I should upgrade towards T-34-85...I'm even considdering selling my panther to make room to keep this tank if I do decide to upgrade

Sykotic #57 Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:34 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 571
  • Member since:
    07-09-2010

View Postconductiv, on 21 September 2010 - 05:11 PM, said:

I posted my setup the second alinea of the post, just saying since it seems you missed it.
I did see it. Given equal crew and full upgrades to the "best" configuration, the T-34 has a better horsepower/ton ratio and therefore should have better acceleration characteristics. Unfortunately I don't have access to information about the transmission gearing so it is impossible to give numbers with absolute values.

T-34 with 57mm ZiG 4 cannon: 17.99 horsepower/ton
VK3001(P) with 8.8cm cannon: 17.78 horsepower/ton

The T-34 has slightly better horsepower/ton ratio. However, the gearing on the transmission definitely makes a difference.

psychodad75 #58 Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:03 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    09-01-2010
So I feel like I need to update my response to this thread. Since my first response I have since decided to give the tank my full attention and stop trying to rush for the next tank. So, I made all the changes/upgrades people recommended (the small fast gun, 100% crew etc) and WOW what a difference. I still seem to be stuck in matches with T-8 to T-10 tanks but I dont feel useless. Last match I managed three kills (personal best with the 34) with one of them a Tiger.

So bottom line, things are a LOT better now. A lot.

But I will still say that for someone who wants to move past the 34 it is a slow and painful grind if you dont spend the cash early.

conductiv #59 Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:31 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 34565 battles
  • 3,372
  • [FIFO] FIFO
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

View Postpsychodad75, on 22 September 2010 - 04:03 AM, said:

So I feel like I need to update my response to this thread. Since my first response I have since decided to give the tank my full attention and stop trying to rush for the next tank. So, I made all the changes/upgrades people recommended (the small fast gun, 100% crew etc) and WOW what a difference. I still seem to be stuck in matches with T-8 to T-10 tanks but I dont feel useless. Last match I managed three kills (personal best with the 34) with one of them a Tiger.

So bottom line, things are a LOT better now. A lot.

But I will still say that for someone who wants to move past the 34 it is a slow and painful grind if you dont spend the cash early.

slow and painfull maybe, but the german tanks are worse in that department. they all need their upgrades to become effective. (and some will never become effective like the hetzer, 105mm howitzer slow and inaccurate, all other guns can't penetrate any front armor above T5 and the tank is very slow even with the max engine, lightest gun and best suspension)

the only russian tank that annoyed the hell out of me the first time I played with it was the KV (the big bullet and arty catching box) some russian tanks, like the A-20 are suitable for their job right out of the box.

I was able to adapt to T-34 very quick, and was able to aquire all upgrades (not make it elite,I didn't unlock tanks) without converting any exp in free exp over a period of 20-25 games.

Fodder #60 Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:53 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    09-08-2010
I am having the same experience as others in this thread, I find the T34 probably the worst tank I have played yet.  It is slow as molasses, even with the best engine and suspension.  Accuracy seems extremely low, even if I stop to fire (which I only do if behind cover).

My crew is around 78%, I'll keep pushing and see if it changes after 80%.  But it's pretty freaking rough atm.  

Using all my gold to buy premium, don't have extra to blow on crew training.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users