T-34 What do you think

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
210 replies to this topic

Helyopses #61 Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:57 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 18187 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
As other ppl in this post i don't get how this tank can be a moneymaker.

Last game ?

Other team had 3 is 4, 1 is and 1 kv, 3 high tier arties and 2 leo, wich are a pain in the ass to kill with him since they can just turn around and untrack you.
Ended untraking the is 4 for like 40 sec until a T44 came and 2 shooted me.
That was last game but i did like 15 game today and that's always setup like that.

So what can i do with a tank who's far too slow/big to scout and get one shooted by most of those heavies ?

And it's not a matter of "go to 100% crew and upgrade", cuz i already have 2out of 4 at 100% and the two other are 70%.

Maybe we don't have the same game experience since there's far more heavies now but it's just a pain to play atm.

Sykotic #62 Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostHelyopses, on 26 September 2010 - 08:57 AM, said:

As other ppl in this post i don't get how this tank can be a moneymaker.

Last game ?

Other team had 3 is 4, 1 is and 1 kv, 3 high tier arties and 2 leo, wich are a pain in the ass to kill with him since they can just turn around and untrack you.
Ended untraking the is 4 for like 40 sec until a T44 came and 2 shooted me.
That was last game but i did like 15 game today and that's always setup like that.

So what can i do with a tank who's far too slow/big to scout and get one shooted by most of those heavies ?
Hang back and hunt down the 2 Leopards as they come scouting for your Arty. If you survive those 2 encounters the battle should be fairly spread out and you can see on the map which way everyone went. Pick a path that looks like it will have the least enemy resistance and make a run that way to see if you can get to their base and find any of the enemy Arty that is left alive. Alternatively you can go the direction where you have the most teammates and support your teams Heavy/Medium Tanks as they engage the enemy. Your team probably has plenty of much bigger targets and given a choice between shooting an IS-4, a T-44, or a T-34, the other team will probably shoot at the IS-4 and T-44 first. There is safety in numbers for you because you just aren't a high value target.

Anyway, that is how I always played it and had a lot of fun hunting down Scouts/Arty.

Noskill_McCheese #63 Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:24 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Actually that last part is untrue. It's all about the kill count, people will always target the lower teir mediums and lights to get that one shot kill. unless the IS or Tiger is already low and they can possibly kill that with one more shot.

Sykotic #64 Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostSmokey_McDope, on 26 September 2010 - 12:24 PM, said:

Actually that last part is untrue. It's all about the kill count, people will always target the lower teir mediums and lights to get that one shot kill. unless the IS or Tiger is already low and they can possibly kill that with one more shot.
Maybe so. That would be stupid on their part though. I prioritize targets because my kill count won't go up at all if I am dead.

Helyopses #65 Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:27 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 18187 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

View PostSykotic, on 26 September 2010 - 12:56 PM, said:

Maybe so. That would be stupid on their part though. I prioritize targets because my kill count won't go up at all if I am dead.

Most ppl ARE stupid and that what happen most of the time : i let the big dude go first, show my nose as every1 has already chosen their target and ... i see this big dude in the KV-3 turn his horrible turret at me and one shoot just for the IS to finish him 5 second later.

My gun can hurts some of them tho and spending 1 shoot to get me out of the picture can be worth it if it one shoot me after all...

My only consolation is when i see a T-26 on the other side i'm thinkin " the poor dude has even less of a chance".

Dekelia #66 Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I've only been playing for a week or so and finally got the T-34 and got it fully upgraded.  I have my crew at Com: 88%, Rd: 61% Drv: 77%, Ldr: 77%  (converted the commander from my A20, and paid to boost the Drv and Ldr).

So far I LOVE IT!  In the games that I'm in the middle of the pack, I feel VERY powerful.  I killed (or significantly helped kill anyway) a couple low end heavies by getting around their sides and back and pounding with the 5cm gun.  In games where I'm at the high end of the tech list I play break through.  I lead the attack and once we engage and if we do well, I then rush the middle and cause havoc.

When I'm at the bottom (which does happen) I play scout, but I do it different that the light tanks.  I roll in just ahead of the heavies.  I can take a hit (sometimes just one) before getting killed and since I play it careful, I can usually back out of LoS.  I then flank (from a distance) while the heavies engage.  If we lose sight or kill who we are engaged with, I then start scouting ahead a bit until contact is made.

I have bad games like anyone but the vast majority are very fun and I feel like I contribute a lot.

Helyopses #67 Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:24 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 18187 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
Okay i owe this tank some excuses, just went 1k7 xp, 35k ( premium ).

Crew is past 85% and i got the liner, i also started spending credit on repair kit cuz i figured a good one could be realy worth it.

I still have realy hard time against heavies and high tier med ( especialy russians :s ) but it's indeed a beast when played against tank of its size and under.

cardgame #68 Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:16 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Elite t-34 with the Zis-4 is one of the best tanks in the game, hands down.

Since there doesn't seem to be a screenshots thread and this is relevenat...  :Smile_harp:

T-34 Vanity shot!

Posted Image

What a sexy beast!

Blaze45 #69 Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:31 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
One of my fav tanks in the game... any veteran T-28 driver will also appreciate the T-34. Although note that the T34 has better turning, it will bounce more shots because of sloped armor, and the 57mm gun is a faster reloading/lower damage/all-around gun as opposed to the 85mm T-28 gun being a heavy hitter/all-around gun.

I'm running Spall Liner, Rammer, and soon to be toolbox on mine.

Sit at long range and snipe/unload rounds into targets... or rush, circle, kill, and dodge. The name of the game is to be invisible or be too fast to kill... never sit still and hope to duke it out with anything Tier 4 or higher.

Arty is your only nemesis.

GTORA2 #70 Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:32 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Had a recent great game in my T34 and was in the bottom of the pack tier wise.

4 Kills, 4 damages and no damage...

Was great tell some jerk on my team in a Tiger 1 accused me of kill stealing. My response was "it's a team game" and then head for the last enemy tank. This dork shoots me with his short 88fail gun and it bounces off my T-34... I didnt get a chance to tease him though cause the game ended.

It was around 1700exp and 39,000 credits.(premium of course, its the only way to play)

This was in my elite T34 with the 57, rammer, repair kit, and lend lease fuel.

It is one of the best tanks in the game.

TheRedBaron #71 Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:01 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
T-34 is Awesome.

Rammer, Spall, Rapid Repair, Fire Prevention.  You'll be your arty's best friend if you hang out at the start of the match.  Load HE and rape the leo's and A-20's that come scouting in.  Then catch up to the heavies and scout for them.

Never Stop Moving.  Learn to pick up a pinch of speed before turning.  Time your turns with the enemy's fire,  Don't be caught going in a straight line away from them when they are reloaded.  Buzz in, Buzz out.

Oh, and KV's are a free kill.  carry AP just in case ;)

TheRedBaron #72 Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:02 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Just Managed 10 kills in a single battle with it.

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_004.jpg   743.29K
  • Attached File   shot_009.jpg   381.31K

GinGinLime #73 Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:28 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 4147 battles
I quite like the T-34 it's decent for it's tier and with the 57mm you can damage most everything you meet so nice money not so sure if the 57mm is all that great for killing things but it hurts some stuff the 76mm won't and it's nice if you can get a circle going.

Really picks up with crew over 80% though before that it's a bit eehh but I suppose that's all tanks.

LuckyS #74 Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:03 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I rather like the 76mm, a touch inaccurate but it packs a big punch. I mainly use my maneuverability to flank along-side heavier tanks, and the 76mm despite not being that accurate does have a lot of range, so I can set up pretty much wherever I please and take a lot of shots at the enemy. The key is to avoid any situation where you will be the primary target of high tier tanks, which is why I like the 76mm and just stay back.

larengrarg #75 Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:24 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15994 battles
T-34 times! Ah, with 57mm it's really awesome tank for it's tier. With high percentage crew it's like small T-44 amongst low tiers.

Phyneas #76 Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:33 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I like to get in close and flank my targets while they're distracted, so I love the 57mm. It has pretty impressive penetration for a lower-tier gun; I've even damaged IS-4s with it. You won't go through the front of any heavies (except maybe KVs) without a lucky hit on a weak point, but from the sides and rear you can damage almost anything fairly reliably, especially if you can get in close and actually aim for weak spots while they're trying to shoot your teammates. If you catch a lone heavy out in the open, you can usually out-circle any KV or Tiger series, especially if you track them repeatedly (which is pretty easy to do with the 57mm: tracks, side, ass, side, tracks, repeat). IS-Xs will put an end to you pretty quick, though, so don't try to take them on without support.

The T-34 does have trouble dueling VKs/Panthers/T4xs one on one, because it's quite a bit squishier than any of 'em, so you should avoid getting into fair fights with higher-tier mediums. Sometimes you can take on a lower-end VK, but it's hard to tell at a glance if you're up against an unupgraded VK being driven by a retard or an elite tank with 100% crew and a few thousand battles under the player's belt. Best policy is to avoid higher mediums until they start duking it out with another tank and then rush in on their flank and let 'em have some 57mm love. Or follow behind your own wolfpack of tougher mediums and let them take the incoming fire while you pop off shots from behind your buddies or circle around and hit the enemy from the side. All in all, your tank isn't that tough, but it's fairly fast and maneuverable, and you can use that to your advantage if you know where to attack, how to flank, and when to run away.

The T-34 is also a good mid-game arty hunter; hang out at your base and kill scouts until the bulk of the enemy team has started moving out, then head the other way into their backfield and pop some arty. Works especially well if you can bring another medium buddy along.

Tolos #77 Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:40 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
tbh the most fun ive had in a tank was the t34, its the only take i kept when i got past it :)

loganov #78 Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:08 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Can I get some help with playstyle on the tank?  I've got a Pz III, Pz IV, VK3601(H), A-20, and KV that I do pretty well with.  I'm not a great player, but I feel that I have those tanks pretty well figured out and no their playstyle.  I can manage a 1-to-1 with all of them better than I can with the T-34.

I think I like the tank, but I just don't know how to comfortably play it yet.  It's 100% fully upgraded.  Crew is at ~80%.  I even have rammer and other goodies.

I just don't seem to know what to do when a match starts with my T-34.  I hang back and try to kill the lights and do alright there, but then when I head out on the field, it seems I always get killed by some T-44.  I don't stop moving, I drive at angles, but I'm always getting tracked and killed.  The 57 is good, penetrates well, and fires fast, but most tanks that I go up against are at 100% when I get to them and I just can't kill them before I die.  Maybe I'm trying to play too much like a scout?  Too much like an A-20 or Pz III?  Should I be more conservative and find a heavy to pair up with?

It's a fun tank and I get plenty of experience and credits, but I just am NOT pulling my weight in kills like I usually do with my tanks.  How do you all play your T-34s?  I can't seem to get comfortable in mine yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Logan

ExigentFX #79 Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:41 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I just recently got into my t-34 and I must say it is a breath of fresh air compared to the a-20. Being able to compete, but still having to worry is making matches more fun than it was with the a-20.

spearoflight #80 Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:50 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostExigentFX, on 14 October 2010 - 04:41 AM, said:

I just recently got into my t-34 and I must say it is a breath of fresh air compared to the a-20. Being able to compete, but still having to worry is making matches more fun than it was with the a-20.

I have to agree with you on this... I also came from the a-20 and to have a chance at putting up a fight when you get cornered is alot of fun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users