Gift Giving and stuff in WOT

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Gift Giving poll (97 members have cast votes)

Have you given gifts to other WOT players

1. Yes I have (10 votes [7.46%])

Percentage of vote: 7.46%

2. No I have not (51 votes [38.06%])

Percentage of vote: 38.06%

3. Yes I have to friends (9 votes [6.72%])

Percentage of vote: 6.72%

4. Yes I have to complete strangers (4 votes [2.99%])

Percentage of vote: 2.99%

5. Yes I have to people I met in WOT only (1 vote [0.75%])

Percentage of vote: 0.75%

6. Yes I have given gifts to family members (2 votes [1.49%])

Percentage of vote: 1.49%

7. Yes I have but never will again (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. No, but I could see myself doing so in future (12 votes [8.96%])

Percentage of vote: 8.96%

9. No I would never give gifts in WOT (17 votes [12.69%])

Percentage of vote: 12.69%

10. Yes I have and will do so again (2 votes [1.49%])

Percentage of vote: 1.49%

11. I have and I may or may not do so again. (3 votes [2.24%])

Percentage of vote: 2.24%

12. Man you are crazy! (23 votes [17.16%])

Percentage of vote: 17.16%

Vote Hide poll

squarerigger #1 Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I am curious as to how many people have given gifts to other in WOT. I have always given stuff away to other people in online games. Virtual clothes, equipment, pets, in game currency etc have all found their way from me to others in the games I have played. Frequently, I will just give people in game who I have never met before.

Well here in WOT I am no different. Recently I bought 2 KV-5 tanks for a couple of people in game. This was a little different as I had platooned with the two individuals on a couple of occasions in the past. I am not certain, but I am inclined to think they are younger players and they also live in a nation thousands of miles away from mine.

Anyway, I get a lot of pleasure out of giving stuff away. The surprised reaction people give to a gift is usually awesome, and they at least appear to me to be thankful.

I am not saying other people should give stuff away, I am just wondering who else likes to give things away in game.

I suppose the biggest flaw is that I am enriching WG. But, then even they have to make some money I suppose.

By the way in my real, everyday life I also have always given stuff away to people(I am not at all rich.) All kinds of things, so I am not surprised that I do so with online games. Of course it has always driven my family batty. http://forum.worldof...e_veryhappy.gif

So where do you all stand.

Sturmtiger_304 #2 Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
If I had a job that haves a big salary, I'd probably give stuff away.

Wingbone #3 Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Fair play to you on your gift giving and I commend you on that. But wouldn't you have been better off giving that €52 for the KV-5's to a charity to buy medicine or food?

I already have a KV-5......if you're in the mood I could use a Lowe  :Smile-playing: .............just kidding

Wing

Cpt_Blue #4 Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I am intend on giving a clan mate a lowe this month. As for who it is will, I am still looking into the matter. Most likely one of them that can not afford a premium account. As for giving stuff away, I am surprised the store has so few items. I would like to have seen camo patterns and all the mountable equipment on there but I guess gold is gold.

UPDATE: Lowe was gifted but not to a clan mate. This tanker is a great guy in RL and with little debate he was gifted that prem. Now for next month.

FogToo #5 Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:50 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Will you be my friend ?

I have not given anyone a gift in this particular game. I have in other games though. However in the current state of my life I cannot really afford giving to much away. I did have a friend who also are playing WoT who was kind enough to give me some gold for premium, so I am very grateful for that.

Sometimes the pleasure of giving is just as receiving. And I tend to feel a bit awkward when I get to be the centre of attention. So I'd rather give then receive.

HubertGruber #6 Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
"No, I have no friends" poll option?

squarerigger #7 Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostWingbone, on 01 March 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

Fair play to you on your gift giving and I commend you on that. But wouldn't you have been better off giving that €52 for the KV-5's to a charity to buy medicine or food?

I already have a KV-5......if you're in the mood I could use a Lowe  :Smile-playing: .............just kidding

Wing

I do that too. Last year I gave more a bunch of canned food and rice to a food bank.

I think what makes this different is that it is a less serious affair. I know one of the persons I gave a tank to did not have premium account or any premium vehicles.

XxXSpottedYouXxX #8 Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Might do it in the future but its very rare i give people gifts.

squarerigger #9 Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postrockusmax, on 01 March 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

I am intend on giving a clan mate a lowe this month. As for who it is will, I am still looking into the matter. Most likely one of them that can not afford a premium account. As for giving stuff away, I am surprised the store has so few items. I would like to have seen camo patterns and all the mountable equipment on there but I guess gold is gold.

Yes, that was true for at least one of the people I gave the tank to.

View PostFogToo, on 01 March 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

Will you be my friend ?

I have not given anyone a gift in this particular game. I have in other games though. However in the current state of my life I cannot really afford giving to much away. I did have a friend who also are playing WoT who was kind enough to give me some gold for premium, so I am very grateful for that.

Sometimes the pleasure of giving is just as receiving. And I tend to feel a bit awkward when I get to be the centre of attention. So I'd rather give then receive.

I agree with this. I like the pleasure I receive from giving too.

Czert1938 #10 Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
When you paoples are in giving mood, can you send me t8 tank for money making ?  ;)
TY very much and i will eat hits for you.  :Smile-izmena:

I send code for gold to my platoon mate so he should purchrase garage slot/tank for more platoon batles  :).

sword_of_Damocles #11 Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 0 battles
Nope.Never used gift shop

BrokenWing #12 Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I don't know anybody in RL who plays WoT. :(

In fact most of my mates are from the outdoor world of climbing and I'm the secret geek in their midst. I tried getting a few of them interested but to no avail. So no, I've never gifted and probably never will.

As for gifting a KV-5, my God man that's like handing a stranger in the pub £20 because you enjoyed your conversation over the beer nuts.

Batty, yes.

If WoT was more like WoW where you could grind out items for essentially nothing more than time, then I'd be more inclined to give stuff away, but there's not really any scope for that here.

Too bad.

CCC_Dober #13 Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
OP:

The gifts in this game always come at a price and I think that's wrong. I don't mind people buying premium stuff for other people, but it doesn't have to be mandatory. I would totally gift a bought tank (that I don't need anymore) to somebody that I happen to know and like. It'd be much better than just receiving 50% of its value in credits. If the person doesn't like the gift, well s/he just can give it back or to somebody else who needs it more. There's just so much wasted potential in this game, makes me wonder sometimes.

S_veverica #14 Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
I would be very happy if someone would give me a gift tank, im good player with good stats....even tir IV french arty would be great...:D
Farming is soooooooo boring and hard.. :)))

Edited by S_veverica, 23 September 2012 - 04:22 PM.

Nectaria #15 Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I defended myself of getting gifts, I bitched hard and long enough to protect me from it.

Firecam #16 Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I give out shells, mostly to folks I've never met before. Joyous recipients cannot thank me enough !

SastusBulbas #17 Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I voted NO.

The reason being, that WG have failed to develope any sort of failsafe for genuine innocent parties who may get trolled by some in game retard sending a Gift then cancelling payment.

The Gift Shop's undeveloped existence is exactly what led to all the gold scamming WG are now attempting to combat. I don't agree with them releasing what currently equates to a Beta Gift Shop, the game can be bad enough, still issues unresolved since Beta in game.