Kony 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Brakladdad #1 Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4592 battles
Hey guys, So i ran across this video on Youtube, Gave it a chance and now im stuck with it. So please take your time to watch this, It's very touching! And please spread it to!
I believe this will make the world much better!

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

CrniVrag #2 Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

Sergeant

• Veteran
  • 32915 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBrakladdad, on 07 March 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

Hey guys, So i ran across this video on Youtube, Gave it a chance and now im stuck with it. So please take your time to watch this, It's very touching! And please spread it to!
I believe this will make the world much better!

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

I would participate in "cover the night", but it seems nobody in Croatia pays attention to this. I have not found any sites on the net or facebook groups for this event....  :unsure:

Animistic #3 Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 22017 battles
  • [EFE] EFE
Naive sentimental black&white Disney world view pushing from dude who has bigger ego/messiah trip than Bono from U2 ever did during LiveAid.

I wish everything in world was so simple like that, just go and shoot all badguys brains out and Mission Accomplished. Someone send Team America already to do it!

Africa's issues lie lot deeper than just in one guerilla leader out there.

theta0123 #4 Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 5614 battles
  • [FHA] FHA
aye

taking out joseph will make things even worse

Sorry but thats how africa rolls :(

R_O_N_I_N #5 Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:51 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10740 battles
I made the same post in another section of the forums. Here in translation:
--------------------------------------
Man-eating dicator in africa? And? Is that any different from the past 30.000 years on that continent?
So this group wants to move the UN to a militarical intervention there- how convenient.  
A pseudo "grass roots movement" is a welcome change after all those phony false flags of recent years isnt it?  

You want to help Africa? Then get rid of the IMF and it´s "
assistance loans", that force and keep the continent into debt-slavery and exploitation.

You need to start with the banks and the financial system, worldpeace is no problem then.
Greets

Oh, by the way: Really important vids dont go viral on youtube, that alone is an aspect that should make you suspicious.

P.S.: Thanks for changing your avatar Theta ;)

Chillin1248 #6 Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 14551 battles
The only thing this video holds is some minor shock value to people who haven't seen this stuff before (i.e. - teenagers, etc) and a great presentation.

But in terms of objectives and means to go about them it is way off. To be honest, the video was just as much telling everyone to buy his stuff and invest in his organization as much as it was about doing anything. If they were serious about doing anything then for almost fraction of the cost they could hire a PMC (e.g., Executive Outcome) to go in and get Kony.

To be honest, the guy came off extremely hypocritical. On one hand he says to put to end to wars, on the other he is advocating for starting a new regional war on the African continent; forget about countries. He's not going to be the one facing the bullets that he is advocating for, it's the soldiers who signed up to defend U.S. interests that are going to be; and has anyone stopped to think of what it means to send U.S. Soldiers to fight children that are armed with guns?

And let us not forget what "Advisors" usually turn into (*cough*Vietnam*cough*). Four U.S. Air Commandos have already been killed within the last month in Africa. And let us not forget the lessons of Somalia, where aid was so "warmly" welcomed.

Is Kony a bad man that should be stopped? Yes.
Should U.S. service personnel be involved even though it doesn't affect American interests? No

In my opinion, doing so opens a dangerous precedent of letting congressmen sending U.S. personnel to their deaths in private wars that have no national interest or U.N. backing.

And let us not forget that there are far worse groups than Kony's, just look at Syria; which conveniently everyone just woke up to:

http://www.mafhoum.com/press2/62S6.htm
http://www.clhrf.com..._jail_syria.htm
http://yasa-online.o...2_march_eng.pdf

And this is just a small fraction of the stuff they do. I'll just give you a hint as to the stuff unlisted: One of the favorite Syrian torture devices is called the "Pineapple". How it works is that the torture inserts a steel rod into the anus, then then presses (or something) and spikes open on the end in a semi-circle, he then rotates it and tears up everything inside... the rest I'll leave to your imagination.

So while this whole Kony 2012 stuff is nice, I think it's going about the wrong way. Anyways, my $0.02 .

More reading:
http://blog.foreignp...plicated_things

Aqnde #7 Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8209 battles
Yeah.
Let's stop him by talking about him in the internet. That sure has worked every time.

Since we all know injustices committed in Africa have always been stopped.

CrniVrag #8 Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

Sergeant

• Veteran
  • 32915 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
People started to associate this to the US government. I dont give a single fuck about them, it's the problem of the whole world, and Kony is just the tip of the iceberg. As it says in the start of the Kony2012 video, people from all arround the world are today more connected then they where at any time in history, the problem now is how to make those people log off from the computer and get them out on the street actualy doing something instead of just pushing the like button 1000 times to feel better.

People are numb to pain they see this days, and as long as it does not happen in front of their doorstep, they dont care. It's a greater problem who will win the elections in some western state then saving some lives in some god forsaken country in Africa. I dont know about you, but it makes me sad.

R_O_N_I_N #9 Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10740 battles

Vegvaering #10 Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2166 battles
You're not doing anything spamming facebook, funnyjunk etc. with Kony 2012 pictures and videos.
You just annoy people. Jeez, back off.  :Smile-hiding:

Animistic #11 Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 22017 battles
  • [EFE] EFE
The plot thickens:

http://www.globalpos...012-viral-video

"Jason Russell, co-founder of Invisible Children and filmmaker behind the Kony 2012 video, was detained in San Diego for masturbating in public and vandalizing cars after police responded to calls about a man in his underwear."

Kazomir #12 Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 15268 battles
Its just USA wanting oil, sheesh.

Sirrobert #13 Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6235 battles

View PostKazomir, on 17 March 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

Its just USA wanting oil, sheesh.

This
They found oil in Uganda recently. Why else do you think they started this campain about this specific warlord, when he and dozens of other guys just like him have been walking around in Afrika for decades.

They just want to whip up the public, so america has an excuus to start yet another war, in yet another country that convieniently has oil in it

Chillin1248 #14 Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 14551 battles

View PostAnimistic, on 17 March 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

The plot thickens:

http://www.globalpos...012-viral-video

"Jason Russell, co-founder of Invisible Children and filmmaker behind the Kony 2012 video, was detained in San Diego for masturbating in public and vandalizing cars after police responded to calls about a man in his underwear."

Maybe he was 'making invisible children'?

Legion_ #15 Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13526 battles
http://a8.sphotos.ak...496984046_n.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users