Jump to content


Twitter Quiz #7


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 26,424
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
We hope you all enjoyed our latest Twitter Quiz. Get ready for another round!

Full news text



Thank you all for participating in the Twitter's Quiz #7!


Here is the list of winners:

1. What was the critical airfield that the German paratroopers seized at the Battle of Crete in WWII?
A1: Maleme

Tony_Soprano
MrO

2. Which of the following nations switched sides late in WWII after surrendering? Hungary, Romania, Japan, Finland
A2: Romania

kappa123
srki76

3. What was the most produced tank during WWII?
A3: T-34

Steel_Lion_FIN
narils

4. What is the engine power of Wright Continental R-975C1?
A4: 380

Sheppardhun
Dmitry_Thrashed

5. What was the first medium tank named after General George S. Patton, commander of the U.S. Third Army?
A5: M46

Bareideru
Dendy50


Each winner will receive 500 Gold!
Congrats!


steventot #2 Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17266 battles
  • 34
  • Member since:
    06-07-2011

View PostCommunity, on 13 March 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

We hope you all enjoyed our latest Twitter Quiz. Get ready for another round!

Full news text

The twitter quiz question number 2 was :
"Which of the following nations switched sides late in WWII after surrendering? Hungary, Romania, Japan, Finland"

The correct answer is not ROMANIA !
The correct answer is FINLAND !

Check here :
http://en.wikipedia....of_World_War_II

Romania declared war to Germany after Soviet troops smashed the Romanian army , and it was on August 1944!
While Finland declared war to Germany on March 1945 and turned against Germany.This date was also backtracked to September 1944 which is still later than Romanian declaration.
So the Correct answer should be FINLAND !
Armistice is signed between the Soviet Union and Finland in September 1944.So Finland gave up month after the Romanians.

armor_ripper #3 Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 36354 battles
  • 946
  • [DMD] DMD
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011

View Poststeventot, on 14 March 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

The twitter quiz question number 2 was :
"Which of the following nations switched sides late in WWII after surrendering? Hungary, Romania, Japan, Finland"

The correct answer is not ROMANIA !
The correct answer is FINLAND !

Check here :
http://en.wikipedia....of_World_War_II

Romania declared war to Germany after Soviet troops smashed the Romanian army , and it was on August 1944!
While Finland declared war to Germany on March 1945 and turned against Germany.This date was also backtracked to September 1944 which is still later than Romanian declaration.
So the Correct answer should be FINLAND !
Armistice is signed between the Soviet Union and Finland in September 1944.So Finland gave up month after the Romanians.
The question wasn't "which country signed peace as the last one".
Finland surrendered in 1944 and signed a peace pact with Russia. But they DID NOT switch the sides. They only declared war on Germany - and that was two months before the war ended (March 1945).
Romania however broke the Axis pact in August 1944 and joined the Allies.
So the correct answer is really Romania.

Bareideru #4 Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 17742 battles
  • 48
  • Member since:
    08-19-2010
Any chance we'll see the winners soon?

supercharge #5 Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • WG Staff
  • 1651 battles
  • 1,279
  • [WG-EU] WG-EU
  • Member since:
    01-16-2012

View PostBareideru, on 16 March 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

Any chance we'll see the winners soon?

Hi,

The list of winners will be posted today :)

Many Thanks,
Supercharge
The Wargaming Community Team

Dmitry_Thrashed #6 Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7309 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011
So, and when will we get gold? No present till today...

Predator_or #7 Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 60036 battles
  • 1,372
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011

View PostDmitry_Thrashed, on 18 March 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

So, and when will we get gold? No present till today...

Next week probably. Maybe tomorrow.

Dmitry_Thrashed #8 Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7309 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View Postmishatopola, on 18 March 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

Next week probably. Maybe tomorrow.

No gold still.. WHy does it take so long?

Foxy102 #9 Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 12948 battles
  • 46
  • [A-F_K] A-F_K
  • Member since:
    03-28-2011
love quiz

srki76 #10 Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14419 battles
  • 9
  • [VA146] VA146
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011
prizes are missing ....
is there any official statement about this quiz ???  :(

Bareideru #11 Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 17742 battles
  • 48
  • Member since:
    08-19-2010
So, still no prizes after two weeks? I'd appreciate an answer, thank you.

Predator_or #12 Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 60036 battles
  • 1,372
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011

View PostBareideru, on 26 March 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

So, still no prizes after two weeks? I'd appreciate an answer, thank you.

Hello, congratulation for win in our Twitter Quiz!  :Smile_great:
Did you get PM (DM) on Twitter from WG? If you have been contacted, maybe someone made mistake and forgot to add you gold.
I will forward your report to Community team and you will get answer tomorrow.

Bareideru #13 Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 17742 battles
  • 48
  • Member since:
    08-19-2010

View Postmishatopola, on 27 March 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

Hello, congratulation for win in our Twitter Quiz!  :Smile_great:
Did you get PM (DM) on Twitter from WG? If you have been contacted, maybe someone made mistake and forgot to add you gold.
I will forward your report to Community team and you will get answer tomorrow.

Well I've got a few prizes from those quizzes already, and I've only received a PM the first time that happened, after that I just received the gold without a message at all. However it usually took like 2-3 days after the winners were announced, and in this case it has been like 10 days already. Thank you for looking into that though.

kappa123 #14 Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:26 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11800 battles
  • 34
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011
I haven't got any DM from WG either,nor prize.What's going on?

Engec #15 Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:36 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 32367 battles
  • 33
  • [SARSA] SARSA
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011
Wow that's bad WG. How can you make them noobs wait for their gold?

Roudari #16 Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 34124 battles
  • 730
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011

View Poststeventot, on 14 March 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

The twitter quiz question number 2 was :
"Which of the following nations switched sides late in WWII after surrendering? Hungary, Romania, Japan, Finland"

The correct answer is not ROMANIA !
The correct answer is FINLAND !

Check here :
http://en.wikipedia....of_World_War_II

Romania declared war to Germany after Soviet troops smashed the Romanian army , and it was on August 1944!
While Finland declared war to Germany on March 1945 and turned against Germany.This date was also backtracked to September 1944 which is still later than Romanian declaration.
So the Correct answer should be FINLAND !
Armistice is signed between the Soviet Union and Finland in September 1944.So Finland gave up month after the Romanians.

The question says wich one after surrendering.. Hmm did Finland really surrender? Iam finnish so i propably the one who should know this..  :blink:

History says that Finland and Soviets made ceasefire and later Finland accepted the peaceterms. Its like rest of the world wants to see as if axis state or the badguys? We didnt want war and then the aggressor want ceasefire and peace so offcourse we accepted it?! My mind is blown..

Predator_or #17 Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 60036 battles
  • 1,372
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011

View PostBareideru, on 27 March 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

Well I've got a few prizes from those quizzes already, and I've only received a PM the first time that happened, after that I just received the gold without a message at all. However it usually took like 2-3 days after the winners were announced, and in this case it has been like 10 days already. Thank you for looking into that though.


View Postkappa123, on 28 March 2012 - 01:26 AM, said:

I haven't got any DM from WG either,nor prize.What's going on?


I forwarded all your requests to Community team.

supercharge #18 Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • WG Staff
  • 1651 battles
  • 1,279
  • [WG-EU] WG-EU
  • Member since:
    01-16-2012

View PostBareideru, on 26 March 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

So, still no prizes after two weeks? I'd appreciate an answer, thank you.


Hi Bareideru,

Many thanks for the post.
I'm checking your account now.
If you haven't received your gold, this will be added shortly.

I have sent you a PM.

All the best,
Supercharge
The Wargaming Community Team

supercharge #19 Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • WG Staff
  • 1651 battles
  • 1,279
  • [WG-EU] WG-EU
  • Member since:
    01-16-2012

View Postkappa123, on 28 March 2012 - 01:26 AM, said:

I haven't got any DM from WG either,nor prize.What's going on?


Hi Kappa,

Thanks for the post.
Your account has been checked and the gold will be added shortly :)

I'm very sorry for the delay.

Many thanks,
Supercharge
The Wargaming Community Team

supercharge #20 Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • WG Staff
  • 1651 battles
  • 1,279
  • [WG-EU] WG-EU
  • Member since:
    01-16-2012

View PostDmitry_Thrashed, on 21 March 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

No gold still.. WHy does it take so long?


Hi,

We checked your account and the gold will be added shortly.
I'm very sorry for the delay.

Many Thanks,
Supercharge
The Wargaming Community Team




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users