Gametype - Holding out

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Catarraz #1 Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13284 battles
I din't know where to post this, and I had some doubts about submitting to the suggestions section because of the whole moderators thing... But I think people here are nicer, so...
Anyone who has played other kind of games may realize where I got the inspiration from... But let's be honest, it's hard to adapt tanks to alot of gametypes. This is a kind of "Holding out" gametype adapted to tanks:

Basically, you take Malinovka, on a foggy evening, and have to hold out as much as possible by the base against endlessly incoming enemy tanks, with tanks from tiers 7 and above. Malinovka, because it's an open map and you can snipe them from afar. Tiers 7 and above because you wouldnt be able to make much of a game with anything below that. Which tanks would we face? Of course the never-ending T-34s (For those who get the reference to the eastern front) and some occasional KV152mm and KV-1S.
The number of Enemy Tanks would vary accordingly to the average of tiers used by the team; the higher the tier average, the more KV 152mm and KV1S as well as some T34-85 would spawn. Tanks would be slower, faster, more agressive, less... all accordingly.
would not pay for ammo, which would be unlimited. You would just pay for repairs and any consumables used.
You also wouldn't earn any credits; you would be awarded XP and tickets, or tokens of some sort to purchase equipment, consumables, ammo and perhaps some special equipment.

You would be awarded tickets for damage done, KVs would earn more tickets and friendly fire would be off.
And if anyone wants to come up with a good name for this gametype, be my guest.

Thoughts or am I just another spamming noob?

MechaSheep #2 Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19367 battles
New game modes will appear right after they buff US tanks :)

Its an ok idea, but I dont approve of adding tokens instead of credits. Just stick with credits - you can get equipment, ammo etc with credits. Also the repair cost wouldnt make it fun if you know you will loose in the end.

How do you imagine the opfor being controlled? AI or players? What would the attacking force gain?

Catarraz #3 Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13284 battles

View PostMechasmeep, on 17 March 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

New game modes will appear right after they buff US tanks :)

Its an ok idea, but I dont approve of adding tokens instead of credits. Just stick with credits - you can get equipment, ammo etc with credits. Also the repair cost wouldnt make it fun if you know you will loose in the end.

How do you imagine the opfor being controlled? AI or players? What would the attacking force gain?

Yes, they will. This is just my suggestion  :)
The idea of tokens os so that people don't abandon regular PvP gametypes. You can't buy or repair tanks with tokens.
It would be 4 or 5 players vs AI (NPC) opponents.

TheDOD #4 Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9628 battles
  • [HOV] HOV
CooP in Wot would be cool

The Stand Off for the name of Game mode?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users