[unsupported] hypersk's Maybach engine sound mod

engine sound mod maybach

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

Boblea #221 Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
hey Ry0ken, would realy like to do that but I cant open XML file corectly... how you do it ? or maybe you could put the file so we could replace ours, maybach on the tank who realy have this engine, like jag panther tiger tiger 2 E-74 etc !

EickhardtSr #222 Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21095 battles

View PostBoblea, on 19 September 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

hey Ry0ken, would realy like to do that but I cant open XML file corectly... how you do it ? or maybe you could put the file so we could replace ours, maybach on the tank who realy have this engine, like jag panther tiger tiger 2 E-74 etc !

have you tried this:
1) Right-click the xml file
2) Select "Open with"
3) Select "Notepad"

morozila #223 Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 38978 battles
when will be version for 8.0?

Deceiver #224 Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 19893 battles
  • [XMR] XMR
Here are the scripts needed for 0.8.0. http://www.mediafire...zcl8k4zcnbnla6m

The file includes the xml files for both germany and france. You will still need the sound file from the first post. If that's too hard
I will create a full package.

Installation: Just extract the zip file into your main world of tanks folder.

elbas #225 Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22622 battles
  • [_RTC_] _RTC_

View PostDeceiver, on 27 September 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

Here are the scripts needed for 0.8.0. http://www.mediafire...zcl8k4zcnbnla6m

The file includes the xml files for both germany and france. You will still need the sound file from the first post. If that's too hard
I will create a full package.

Installation: Just extract the zip file into your main world of tanks folder.

Scripts are fine, but engine sounds are always at full, no acceleration. I think it's because new suspension sounds, they mess all up. Audio files should be reworked again.

hypersk #226 Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7518 battles

View Postelbas, on 27 September 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

Scripts are fine, but engine sounds are always at full, no acceleration. I think it's because new suspension sounds, they mess all up. Audio files should be reworked again.

This mod is incompatible with 0.8.0. Iam trying figure out why. I adjusted new sound levels and parameters range but it still not working correctly. If anyone know what adjustment need to be done please reply here ...

drehstab #227 Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:15 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 24858 battles

View Posthypersk, on 28 September 2012 - 08:20 AM, said:

This mod is incompatible with 0.8.0. Iam trying figure out why. I adjusted new sound levels and parameters range but it still not working correctly. If anyone know what adjustment need to be done please reply here ...

Didnt have success with reworking the sound files till now either. I used fsbext to extract your wavetables from the *.fsb files and rebuild them with one of Jafdets's project files.

My builds work, but I get exactly the same error. Trying various playback settings didnt help. I think the poblem occures when the event gets spawned at other players tanks. They seem to spawn the sound event too frequent and not to stop playback. Perhaps there is some new playback state which uses its own events, which possibly use a suffix and are missing for "engines/tanks/maybach".

Fmod version doesnt seem to have changed, in the fsb header of WG's current files it still says "FSB4" (oppposed to "FSB5" in files produced with newer fmod designer versions, which are not working). Though it could still be a minor version difference. Also the inputs are still load and distance, nothing new because of physics. Also tried to replace some sounds by an oscillator, same problems, even those get played multiple times, so I dont think its some kind of memory problem because of the large maybach wavetables.
Ill try to generate some metronome-like sound and to find some pattern concerning the error.

Perhaps we should upload and post all source files, so more people could try to fix it?

It's really a great mod and I got used to it very much... cant bear Ausführung D running on lawnmower.

Deceiver #228 Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 19893 battles
  • [XMR] XMR
Yeah I made the scripts before listening to the sounds. Totally bugged :(

Gnomefather #229 Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17354 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
It all worked fine untill the third test version.

Me, Noble and you all have the same issue, and we haven't found a solution yet.
The issue might be related to a fix WG did to get their own engine sounds to work.

Ry0ken #230 Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12168 battles
Yes I am kinda addicted to this mod! :) Sadly I'm no programer. I wish you luck guys! I hope you can fix it for 0.8 to!

View PostBoblea, on 19 September 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

I did it like Eickhard said

View PostEickhardtSr, on 20 September 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

have you tried this:
1) Right-click the xml file
2) Select "Open with"
3) Select "Notepad"

drehstab #231 Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 24858 battles
Just found a workaround for the problem!

Some days ago I did a full text search among all Wot files for some strings from vehicles.fev / fsb.
Cant remember my search keywords exactly, but VehicleAppearance.pyc appeared to be the most relevant file.

Thought I deleted my 0.8.0 test2 client, but still having a backup. So I replaced the release VehicleAppearance.pyc
with the one from test2
. Didnt test it too much, but till now the game didnt crash, I couldnt notice any missing features and the soudns work
again!

Just packed it all together with xml files for all Maybachs >600 HP (and the bigger Porsches and the Saurer for AMX50 120 ;-) ):
Maybach-engine-sound-8.0-workaround.7z

This is a rather hacky workaround, we still need to find a proper solution, since its quite probable, future version of the game will
be incompatible with the old code module.

Edit:
The client occasionally stutters, in python.log the following gets written:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "scripts/client/VehicleAppearance.py", line 100, in __distRecalc
  File "scripts/client/VehicleAppearance.py", line 87, in __isSoundPlaying
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'state'

The missing attribute "state" and the function "__isSoundPlaying" sound quite interesting concerning our problem...

hypersk #232 Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7518 battles

View Postdrehstab, on 29 September 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

Just found a workaround for the problem!

Some days ago I did a full text search among all Wot files for some strings from vehicles.fev / fsb.
Cant remember my search keywords exactly, but VehicleAppearance.pyc appeared to be the most relevant file.

Thought I deleted my 0.8.0 test2 client, but still having a backup. So I replaced the release VehicleAppearance.pyc
with the one from test2
. Didnt test it too much, but till now the game didnt crash, I couldnt notice any missing features and the soudns work
again!

Just packed it all together with xml files for all Maybachs >600 HP (and the bigger Porsches and the Saurer for AMX50 120 ;-) ):
Maybach-engine-sound-8.0-workaround.7z

This is a rather hacky workaround, we still need to find a proper solution, since its quite probable, future version of the game will
be incompatible with the old code module.

Nice finding, i thinked about the same but i do not played open test ...

Ratthan #233 Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14014 battles
  • [IMB] IMB
I have installed the mod to 8.0. and it works but I have a lot of echo and annoying
any solution??

hypersk #234 Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7518 battles
Separate engine mod is out, all tanks mod is not finished yet:
Changelog:
V2.0
* Sounds adjusted for 0.8.0 needs(adjusted volume levels, max (distance) is now 100m, distance have attached simple low pass filter from about 40m)
* Included drehstab workarround for messed engine sound
* Included Deceiver engine scripts

hypersk #235 Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7518 battles

View Postdrehstab, on 29 September 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

The client occasionally stutters, in python.log the following gets written:

The missing attribute "state" and the function "__isSoundPlaying" sound quite interesting concerning our problem...

I have figuret out than base of the problem is than sometimes the client spawning sound instances without any reason. it end up playing few instances of the same engine per tank and the sound is messed. The name of missing export may indicate than sound engine failing detect running instance of the sound and spawning it several times in a row.

drehstab #236 Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 24858 battles

View Posthypersk, on 29 September 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

I have figuret out than base of the problem is than sometimes the client spawning sound instances without any reason. it end up playing few instances of the same engine per tank and the sound is messed. The name of missing export may indicate than sound engine failing detect running instance of the sound and spawning it several times in a row.

My thought about "__isSoundPlaying" was, that it scans for known class names among all instances (e.g. "vehicles/tanks/heavy/IS_2") and doesnt find the altered "engines/tanks/maybach", but on the other hand the full mod uses the original names, but doenst work either...

Gnomefather #237 Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17354 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
Thanks, drehstab!

I will try that workaround too.

I have no idea how Python works, so I can't do much myself. I don't even know how to use the command promt! D:

NoblePlatoon #238 Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I will play with this work-around, as well. Thanks. I fear, however, that there may be no other solution. The purpose of the python code is to be unbreakable without a key. I see no way to modify the python script itself. However, since I did not changed sound file named as you did with your mod, I wonder if I will experience the same stuttering.

Edited by NoblePlatoon, 29 September 2012 - 04:32 PM.

Jack_Sparreau #239 Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 48148 battles
  • [RBT] RBT

View Posthypersk, on 29 September 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

Separate engine mod is out, all tanks mod is not finished yet:
Changelog:
V2.0
* Sounds adjusted for 0.8.0 needs(adjusted volume levels, max (distance) is now 100m, distance have attached simple low pass filter from about 40m)
* Included drehstab workarround for messed engine sound
* Included Deceiver engine scripts
hi
can you confirm I have to copy, and overwrite, both directories of both "updates" (even res/script/client and audio ?) ?

thx

Panzer_ich_begruesse_Sie #240 Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 31512 battles
  • [-DPG] -DPG
I use the workaround from noble's thread with the maybach sounds for all tanks, work's fine. I installed all file's in /res_mods/ not in /res/ and I don't have any problems.

Also tagged with engine, sound, mod, maybach

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users