Tiger II model with Interior

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Stoferr #1 Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4068 battles
Hi, after having played this game for a long time, I wanted to look up how certain tanks looked like on the inside, as I really wanted to know (especially the KT). Searching the web was a huge disappointment, indeed there was some pictures or drawings to be found, but they only told very little of the story. So I decided gather information, drawings, pictures, books, descriptions, everything, that had something to do with the King Tiger. Now I am in the process of merging that information together, in a way that should be easy for other people to use. I am simply modelling the tank in 3D, in Google Sketchup, as its freeware, so one day when the model is finished, everyone can download it free of charge, and take a look at it. Information that is not shared, is lost, and we dont like that. As I have years of experience in CAD and digital drawing, I can assure you that I work with the highest possible precision. However, I must admit that I must sometimes do some guessing, when I do not have plenty or accurate resourses for whatever part of the tank I am doing.

Now, I would like some help from you guys, as you are also playing this amaizing games, I was hoping that some of you got some good resources, or info you'd like to share with the community. As a start I would like to show you how far I've got already, keep in mind that even though I've put countless hours in this project, the model itself is still very basic, and many parts are still waiting to be made.

Now for the pictures:

The Hull:
The hull is still very crude. Holes for the axles has been made, including the supportive plates in the botton.
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Wheels:
I originally did the tracks when I did the wheels, but I later found out that they were a bit wrong, so I'm gonna have to start over on those.
Posted Image

On the pictures is the wheels, the Torsion Bar suspension and the axles.
Posted Image

When put into the Hull everything fits nice and tight.
Posted Image

The Engine:

The Tiger II was run by the Maybach HL230 P30 engine, which had a max output of 700 HP. The engine itself weights 1200 kg.
Posted Image

On this picture we see the starter motors, they are connected to the protective shroud around the flywheel. Lower one is electric, the upper is handdriven, manufactured by Bosch.
Posted Image

The Turret PTO:
The Turret Power Take-Off, is the part that makes the turret turn around, it takes the power from the Engine when needed. As this piece is located in the middle of the tank, underneath the turret, the drive shaft from the engine is directly connected to this part.
As you can see it got a universal joint in both sides, thats because it needs to transfer power to the transmission.
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Transmission:
Located in the front of the vehicle, the Maybach Olvar is placed between the driver and the radio operator. Once the radio rack has been modelled, it will be placed ontop of this part.
Posted Image
Note the universal joint, which will be connected to the Turret PTO by a drive shaft.
Posted Image

Some misc objects:
The oil tank is loacted just behind the transmission:
Posted Image

And ofcourse a Kwk 88mm round, this one exaclty is the Panzergranate 39:
Posted Image

Please feedback and CC! Thanks for watching.
- Stoferr

Lekkeri #2 Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6765 battles
WOW! Nice project, will follow this.

Wriothesley #3 Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50 battles
  • [1BP] 1BP
Freak ;)

Looks great!

MarmotWarrior #4 Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 11604 battles
Impressive, I bookmark :).

poogirl #5 Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 518 battles
this is sooooooooooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love it make moreeeeeeeeeeeeee

CoreMaster101 #6 Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11033 battles
Very nice job dude!  :Smile_great:
I'm also working on the KT model in sketchup and at the moment I'm working on the exterior. Tho I want to make interior also but later.

My model takes 32Mb of space. This thing has 615 704 faces and 1 606 489 edges. :D
Spoiler                     

firewirehn #7 Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11791 battles
Excellent work!Please I makes 3D model in solid work and auto cad.I need tank dimensions of all parts.Can you suggest some pages where to find all possible dimensions.My e mail is  kisicspasoje@yahoo.com
Thanks in advance!

T00L8 #8 Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 9827 battles
  • [-ET-] -ET-
where do you people find dimensions for these? I have some issues with the wheels and torsion bars

Manou01 #9 Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:33 AM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles

I congratulate you for this wonderful sharing. Keep going !
friendly

consultation voyance gratuite

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users