XVM / Player Ratings Mod

how to install english&german XVM

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1001 replies to this topic

Poll: XVM mod (3380 members have cast votes)

Do you think that the XVM mod is useful?

1. Yes, its great! (2749 votes [81.33%])

Percentage of vote: 81.33%

2. No, i think its useless. (631 votes [18.67%])

Percentage of vote: 18.67%

Vote Hide poll

PH3N0M3NAL #1 Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 20375 battles
  • [OMNI] OMNI
I stopped using XVM. I will not update this page longer, sorry.
I have updated this page one last time so that you always can use the installation. You will find the newest versions with the 'new' link in my instruction. Have fun.

http://img5.fotos-ho...lda8euh9qgf.png

English version (Modexplanation, installation, informations)

What is the "XVM" mod?

Its a mod, which shows you the number of battles from any player (for example 5k), the overall winrate (for example 50%) and the efficiency rating (for example 1.500). The efficiency rating is given by average destroyed in the battle, average damage in the battle, average spotted in the battle, average defense points in the battle and average captured points in the battle. XVM stands for Extended Visualization Mod

How to install (first installation or update)

First installation

Step 1. Close the game.
Step 2. Download and install DokanLib 0.6.0 (Can only be installed on your C: Disk (just 200KB))
Step 3. Download the newest version (XVM full) and save it into your World of Tanks mainfolder. Should normally be C:\Program Files\World_of_Tanks.
Step 4. Rightclick on the file and click on "Extract here". If you get asked if you want to replace the files, click yes (all).
Step 5. Now, there is a new folder into your WoT mainfolder, its called "xvm-doc". Open that folder, then open the "samples" folder and then open the "Full config EN" folder. Copy this XVM config file to C:\Program Files\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\-gameversion-\gui\flash.
Step 6. Start the game with the new "wot-xvm-proxy" (With XVM 3.0.4 its called "xvm-stat") exe which is located in your WoT mainfolder. It will open a black config window, and max. 5 seconds later will WoT get started. Dont close the black config window!
Step 7. Play the game!

Update (modversion)

Step 1. Close the game.
Step 2. Download the newest version (XVM full) and save it into your World of Tanks mainfolder. Should normally be C:\Program Files\World_of_Tanks.
Step 3. Rightclick on the file and click on "Extract here". If you get asked if you want to replace the files, click yes (all).

It should look like this:

0-599 = bad player
600-899 = player below average
900-1199 = average player
1200-1499 = good player
1500-1799 = great player
1800+ = "epic" player

http://img5.fotos-ho...8pmuaohe3dv.jpg
/Picture from XVM v3.0.3 | WoT v0.8.0\ (Winchances and clanicons are off)

Infos about the mod

* Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or higher is required to run this mod. You can check your version here.
*XVM-2.1 was released with new EU proxy server (automatic update within 7 days)
*If you want to play the game without the mod, just start the normal WorldofTanks.exe
*You can see your ratings and other things on this site
*(! This mod includes the OverTargetMarker !) If you want to use the mod without the OverTargetMarker, open the XVM config file and search line ""useStandardMarkers": false" and change 'false' into 'true')
*This mod is incompatible with some minimap mods. If you got an red minimap, uninstall your minimap mod or uninstall the XVM mod.
*For more informations about the mod, read the "readme-en" file in C:\Program Files\World_of_Tanks\xvm-doc after installing the mod.
*Winchance: The winchance (global) is given by the efficiency and winrate of all players in battle.
*You can see now the number of battles a player played with one tank in winrate color.
Just download this config file and copy it to C:\Program Files\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\-gameversion-\gui\flash. Overwrite the old config file (or save the old to another location, if you dont like the new one)
Thanks to guguloi for this config file!

Deutsche Version (Moderklärung, Installation, Informationen)

Was ist die "XVM" Mod?

Diese Mod zeigt euch die Gefechte eines Spielers, seine gesamte Siegesrate und die Efficiency. Die Efficiency ergibt sich aus den durchschnittlichen Kills, dem durchschnittlichen Schaden, den durchschnittlich gespotteten Feinden, den durchschnittlichen Verteidigungspunkten und den durchschnittlichen Eroberungspunkten. XVM steht für Extended Visualization Mod

Installation (Erstinstallation oder Update)

Erstinstallation

Schritt 1. Beendet das Spiel falls geöffnet.
Schritt 2. Ladet euch die DokanLib 0.6.0 runter und installiert sie.(Kann nur auf der standardmäßgen C Festplatte installiert werden (nur 200KB))
Schritt 3. Ladet euch die neuste Version (XVM full) runter und speichert die gepackte runtergeladene Datei im WoT Hauptordner. Bei einer Schnellinstallation ist dieser Ordner hier: C:\Program Files\World_of_Tanks.
Schritt 4. Führt einen Rechtsklick auf die Datei aus und klickt auf "Hier entpacken". Wenn ihr gefragt werdet, ob ihr Dateien ersetzen wollt, klickt auf "Alle".
Schritt 5. Jetzt gibt es im WoT Hauptordner einen neuen Ordner, dieser heißt "xvm-doc". öffnet den Ordner, klickt dort auf "samples" und dort auf "Full config EN". Kopiert die XVM config Datei nach C:\Program Files\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\-Spielversion-\gui\flash.
Schritt 6. Startet das Spiel mit der neuen "wot-xvm-proxy" (Mit der XVM v3.0.4 heißt diese Datei "xvm-stat") Exe, die sich nach dem Entpacken in eurem WoT Hauptordner befindet. Es wird sich ein schwarzes Configfenster öffnen, welches kurz danach das Spiel startet.. Schließt das schwarze Configfenster nicht!
Schritt 7. Spielt das Spiel!

Update (Modversion)

Schritt 1. Beendet das Spiel falls geöffnet.
Schritt 2. Ladet euch die neuste Version runter und speichert die gepackte runtergeladene Datei im WoT Hauptordner. Bei einer Schnellinstallation ist dieser Ordner hier: C:\Program Files\World_of_Tanks.
Schritt 3. Führt einen Rechtsklick auf die Datei aus und klickt auf "Hier entpacken". Wenn ihr gefragt werdet, ob ihr Dateien ersetzen wollt, klickt auf "Alle".

Wenn ihr es richtig gemacht habt, sollte es ingame so aussehen:

0-599 = Schlechter Spieler
600-899 = Unterdurchschnittlicher Spieler
900-1199 = Durchschnittlicher Spieler
1200-1499 = Guter Spieler
1500-1799 = Sehr guter Spieler
1800+ = Ausgezeichneter Spieler

http://img5.fotos-ho...8pmuaohe3dv.jpg
/Bild aus XVM v3.0.3 | WoT v0.8.0\ (Winchancen und Clanicons sind ausgeschaltet)

Infos über die Mod

*Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 oder höher wird benötigt um diese Mod zu benutzen. Ihr könnt eure Version hier überprüfen.
*XVM-2.1 wurde mit einem neuen Proxy Server released (Automatisches Update innerhalb von 7 Tagen)
*Wenn ihr das Spiel ohne die Mod spielen wollt, startet einfach die normale WorldofTanks.exe
*Ihr könnt eure Efficiency auch hier berechnen.
*(! Diese Mod beinhaltet den OverTargetMarker !) Wenn ihr die Mod ohne den OverTargetMarker spielen wollt, öffnet eure XVM Configdatei und sucht die Zeile ""useStandardMarkers": false". Wechselt das 'false' in ein 'true' und speichert die Datei.
*Diese Mod ist mit einigen Minimap/HUD Mods unkompatibel. Wenn ihr eine rote Minimap habt, deinstalliert eure Minimap Mod oder deinstalliert die XVM Mod.
*Für mehr Informationen über die Mod, lest die "readme-en" Datei in C:\Program Files\World_of_Tanks\xvm-doc nachdem ihr die Mod installiert habt (Auf englisch!).
*Winchance: Die Winchance (Global) wird aus der Efficiency und der Winrate aller Spieler des Matches errechnet.
*Ihr könnt nun auch die Anzahl der Spiele die ein Spieler mit dem Panzer den er fährt gemeistert hat sehen (Die Anzahl der Spiele wird in der Farbe der Winrate des Panzers angezeigt)
Ladet einfach diese Configdatei runter und kopiert sie nach C:\Program Files\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\-Spielversion-\gui\flash. Überschreibt die alte Configdatei oder speichert sie in einem anderen Ordner falls euch die neue nicht gefällt.
Danke an guguloi für die Configdatei!

As it often leads to confusion, I would like to emphasize again that this mod was not created by me. I'm just advertising for it.
This mod is from an russian modding team.

XVM mod homepage - You have to register to read the site in english.

:Smile_honoring: Dont forget the Posted Image if you like this thread.  :Smile_honoring:

LouiGi_no1 #2 Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5868 battles
*PUSH*
:Smile-izmena:

ViktorKitov #3 Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24597 battles
  • [BG-TA] BG-TA
No thanks, I prefer not to lose all hope at the start of a match http://forum.worldof..._teethhappy.gif

Brandt71 #4 Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10664 battles
  • [SV4] SV4
don't work. Geting an error loading config file.

Ding760 #5 Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 9369 battles
I dunno... losing all confidence in the possibility of victory in some battles might not be worth it in my opinion.

I've PERSONALLY always had a 'win or die trying' attitude.

But then again, that is my personal opinion, maybe there are lots of people out there who does appreciate knowing how badly your team rule/suck before the game even starts :)

PH3N0M3NAL #6 Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 20375 battles
  • [OMNI] OMNI

View PostBrandt71, on 23 March 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

don't work. Geting an error loading config file.

Have you completed step 4?

If yes, try to copy the XVM full config file to C:\Program Files\World_of_Tanks\res\gui\flash, too. Then try it again.

sgt_quark #7 Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:48 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8571 battles
I've just started using this mod tonight and find it quite fascinating.

I have no pretensions about my ability, as I am a very, very average player. But the mod allows you to see the possible strengths or weakness of your team and also the opposition.

Therefore, it's very useful to get an idea of who you might need to support or who is quite capable of looking after themselves.

Also if you meet a very good player as an enemy, then treat him with great caution.

So all in all I think it is a useful tool for improving one's game play.

WAROFHELIUM #8 Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:54 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 11557 battles
  • [B0OT] B0OT
mod looks great etc but this is the wrong forum

http://forum.worldof...ral-creativity/

the place to post mods and how to install them etc

JaminFilips #9 Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24771 battles
Thankyou PH3N0M3NAL i really wanted to try this mod. Worked flawlessly 1st time. +rep!

First match was quite depressing seeing all that red, but we managed to win anyway;)

Now all i need to do is work on my winrate :Smile-izmena:

MoZo87 #10 Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25454 battles
  • [FIRE] FIRE
Thanks! Ill try it when i get home. I think this could be useful.

worlok #11 Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32371 battles
  • [F15] F15
I personally have mixed feelings about this one. I resist temptation to install it. It is a "nice to have" mod, but unfortunatelly adds nothing to the game experience. Awsome job for the creators though.

desselb #12 Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:16 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 25328 battles
solvd ;)

Edited by desselb, 28 April 2013 - 05:10 AM.

JimmyBond #13 Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:08 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25729 battles
  • [I-OU] I-OU

View PostFFQ, on 28 March 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

I wanted to know if its possible to edit the mod to show an individual tank win rate % instead of a players overall win rate?

No mate, im afraid its not at the moment - if ever from what i can remember!

Radu6 #14 Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18274 battles
Great mod. It actually motivates me more to win with an all red team sprinkled with some oranges here and there.

HarryStotle #15 Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16673 battles
Is it just me or are there more lemming rushes these days? I belive this mod may be making the situation worse.

Bad players now follow the good players. I am not great by any stretch of the imagination but please explain to me why i started a game on Steppes, south base. Started to go right in my Type (yes i'm a wallet warrior blah blah) to cover the rocks. I was 3rd highest tank.

After a few seconds farting about, all mobile tanks followed me. I realised this was going to end badly, turned back to go down the sunken valley on the left flank and..........yep, they all followed me leaving the right flank totally defenceless.

This is not a good thing imo. I do not use this or any other mod but there is no other explanation i can think of. Unless i have a magnetic Type :unsure:

PH3N0M3NAL #16 Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 20375 battles
  • [OMNI] OMNI

View PostHarryStotle, on 28 March 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

Is it just me or are there more lemming rushes these days?

-> Holidays in Germany .... :D

I think that you got a lemmingtrain behind you has nothing to do with the mod. Its very often like this, that all "new" players follow one of the toptanks because they think if they do that, they get protected.

I dont think that its the mod, because only (HIGHEST) 5% of all WoT players have already installed this mod.

Nathanael #17 Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 31094 battles
  • [DAK] DAK
Thank you for your great mod
I install it step by step
run game - and game freeze, I must reset PC with hard reset
Ok I try it one more, run game and blue death
Ok I think, maybe I make some wrong
uninstall all components of this mod and Dokan - restart PC and instal it one more step by step (check NET Framework, check Dokan, check mod files, check copied file from xvm-mod, check ALL)
run game one more and during loading game freeze, blue death and damage my OS

realy nice, I lost more than one hour to make my PC workable

P.S.
I hope I meet you in the game, and I make thanks you with my bullets

PH3N0M3NAL #18 Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 20375 battles
  • [OMNI] OMNI

View PostNathanael, on 28 March 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

Thank you for your great mod
I install it step by step
run game - and game freeze, I must reset PC with hard reset
Ok I try it one more, run game and blue death
Ok I think, maybe I make some wrong
uninstall all components of this mod and Dokan - restart PC and instal it one more step by step (check NET Framework, check Dokan, check mod files, check copied file from xvm-mod, check ALL)
run game one more and during loading game freeze, blue death and damage my OS

realy nice, I lost more than one hour to make my PC workable

P.S.
I hope I meet you in the game, and I make thanks you with my bullets

Its not 'my' mod, I just want to show it to all players. This mod works for 100% of all players, which I have explained it. You are the FIRST to have this problem. So i promise, its not the mod, its your computer.

Nathanael #19 Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 31094 battles
  • [DAK] DAK

View PostPH3N0M3NAL, on 29 March 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

Its not 'my' mod, I just want to show it to all players. This mod works for 100% of all players, which I have explained it. You are the FIRST to have this problem. So i promise, its not the mod, its your computer.
lol,
OK and what is wrong if blue death and freeze is no longer show after I uninstall your mod
I use some next mods (J1mB0's Crosshair, scope mod, rus sound mod) and all work correctly.

P.S. Im not a PC begginer, I make some webs, running two servers and build more than 100 computer from scratch
I think there is problem about support of x64 OS

EDIT :
I download Dokan library from official site and insert one restart after install dokan, all work correctly
I told you the problem is not in my PC :-)
error was in dokan not in your mod sorry

EDIT :
The blue death is about ESET if is off mod work good, if on see blue death

PH3N0M3NAL #20 Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 20375 battles
  • [OMNI] OMNI
Thats why i have all the DL Links postet in the opening thread :P