Best German Line?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

larkeytrl #1 Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
i want to use german tanks but i dont know what line to take, is heavy line or medium line easier because i am new i probably want the easier line so i can get better and change to the other line eventually.

MKRE #2 Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
There is no "easier line". You have to find it out yourself because it heavily depends on your playstile.
But you should avoid some tanks, like the PZ38nA if possible.

nejc #3 Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
There are no easy lines, each line needs a diffrent playstyle

h3dning #4 Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Depends on our playstyle m8 :) do u like it fast or slow?

larkeytrl #5 Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostMKRE, on 24 March 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

There is no "easier line". You have to find it out yourself because it heavily depends on your playstile.
But you should avoid some tanks, like the PZ38nA if possible.
sorry thats what i meant like the best line because of the tanks you want to avoid, basically is there a better line because there is less of them tanks that are naturally bad?

miljac #6 Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
take e100 heavy line. tiger is your only weaker tank there compared to other t7, but after that it is pure joy with kt and e75.
maus line has weak vk's. first plays more like a medium and second is too weak for its tier and awkward to position right

larkeytrl #7 Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Posth3dning, on 24 March 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

Depends on our playstyle m8 :) do u like it fast or slow?
well i dont like sitting about for ages and doing nothing but i dont like rushing in and dieing a few second later, i like to be sort of aggressive and sort of patient for my play.

h3dning #8 Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postlarkeytrl, on 24 March 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

well i dont like sitting about for ages and doing nothing but i dont like rushing in and dieing a few second later, i like to be sort of aggressive and sort of patient for my play.
Then go the medium line, should suit u the best, the german meds are played in that way.

larkeytrl #9 Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Posth3dning, on 24 March 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

Then go the medium line, should suit u the best, the german meds are played in that way.
ill try that line then guys, thanks for help

jimonwye #10 Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Posth3dning, on 24 March 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

I agree :)

Tommy_The_Gunn #11 Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
IMO best German path to follow is:  Pz35, Pz38; Pz38na; PzIV; VK36; Tiger; TigerII; E75; E100
PzIV, Vk36, KT and e75 are great to play

Shootingstarr #12 Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postlarkeytrl, on 24 March 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

well, as suggested, take the e100 line
pnz3 might be a bit of a bummer at times, because it's rather weak in the matches it gets put in, but it's fast
same goes for pnz3/4, both are pure flanking tanks, no sitting, no rushing, pure movement

after pnz3/4 you can decide to either pick up the vk3001h, or the vk3601h
the 3601h is more of a heavy than a medium, the 3001h on the other hand is too thinly armored to bounce any shots
I'd recommend the 3601h

after that it's straight forward: Tiger H is meh. no frontline tank, it doesn't live up to it's historical imperviousnes at all. but the long 88 is accurate and packs a decent punch

after that you get some versatile tanks
I didn't get around to buy tiger2 yet, but it's a quite good adversary
same goes for e75
e100 lacks compared to maus imo, but that's way ahead in the future anyway, so don't bother about that just now ;)

larkeytrl #13 Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostShootingstarr, on 24 March 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

well, as suggested, take the e100 line
pnz3 might be a bit of a bummer at times, because it's rather weak in the matches it gets put in, but it's fast
same goes for pnz3/4, both are pure flanking tanks, no sitting, no rushing, pure movement

after pnz3/4 you can decide to either pick up the vk3001h, or the vk3601h
the 3601h is more of a heavy than a medium, the 3001h on the other hand is too thinly armored to bounce any shots
I'd recommend the 3601h

after that it's straight forward: Tiger H is meh. no frontline tank, it doesn't live up to it's historical imperviousnes at all. but the long 88 is accurate and packs a decent punch

after that you get some versatile tanks
I didn't get around to buy tiger2 yet, but it's a quite good adversary
same goes for e75
e100 lacks compared to maus imo, but that's way ahead in the future anyway, so don't bother about that just now ;)
yes but arent heavy tanks a lot of sitting back and basically sniping people from the back

Zombot101 #14 Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postlarkeytrl, on 24 March 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

yes but arent heavy tanks a lot of sitting back and basically sniping people from the back

Depends on map and number of Arty. german hvys are more suited to ranged fire , russian get close, US move and hull down fire, french , shoooooooooot and run for cover to reload.

larkeytrl #15 Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
guys ive been reading how great the pzIV is but the talk about pz38na puts me off wanting to do that line instead of medium line,i was looking if i could go maus line and at pzIV cut off to the vk3601, it is worth doing the na or not?

DerZivilist #16 Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Pz35(t): Okay
Pz38(t): Good
Pz38nA: Terribad
PzIV: Good
VK3001(P): Good
Tiger(P): Great
VK4502A: dunno yet
VK4502B: dunno yet
Maus: MAUS!

My take on the issue.

God, I love the Tiger(P).

outlaw0001 #17 Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
The german tech tree has a lot of engines and radios that can be used in a lot of different tanks. So if you would want to go for the E-100 heavy line first and try out the medium line after you would have every engine and half the guns researched. This is also true for the tankdestroyer line or the other heavy line. So i'd want to say don't go for one line but pick up a few lines, it'll make the game more interresting and it'll sve you the extra grind.

German tanks seem to suck a lot more when they are stock then a russian tank. Don't get me wrong, every stock tank sux but german tanks have a lot of tanks that have to research tracks to mount more then 2 upgrades. So you have to research tracks first on a lot of german tanks to for example mount a decend gun.

Getting up to tier 4 isn't that hard so i'll start from tier 5. If you want to go down a german heavy line you find some heavy armor and some accurate guns. The E-100 line is the most noob proof line. Most ppl find the tiger 2 and E-75 to be one of the easyest tanks to play. They don't have such a high speed but the armor is great and the guns are even better. The tiger has an great gun but the armor is very thin and doens't have slope so it's often used as a long range sniper. The VK3601 is a great tank. The germans don't get a tier 6 heavy but the VK3601 is actually a heavy/med tank with decend mobility and decend armor. Don't expect it to bounce every shot fired at you but you can bounce quite a few shots if you angle it right. The pz4 is an awsome sniper with some nice frontal turret armor for its tier but the hull is pretty weak. If you rather get the VK3601 with the pz3/4 you're in for a fast ride with close to no armor and average firepower. That tank is kind of a bigger scout which can flank tanks and kill them.
The Maus heavy line is a very strange heavy line. The first tank you will get after the pz4 is the VK3001P. This tank has no armor and decend mobility once it is fully upgraded. It is also the start of a new engine line. I liked the tank when it was fully researched but it was a nightmare to get there. The next tank is the tiger P wich is a tiger with very thick frontal armor. It has the same awsome gun as the tiger but a lot more armor. A great tank in my eyes. After this comes the VK4502A wich is a faster heavy but it has less armor and less firepower then the tiger 2 wich is the other tier 8 german heavy. The VK4502A can be hard to master but can also be fun if you know what you're doing. The next tank is the VK4502B wich is a very hard tank to master but again can be fun to play when used right. The tier 10 tank here is the Mause wich is the heavyest (thickest armor) tier 10 heavy with a less powerfull but very accurate gun. A tank i would someday like to own.

If you would rather drive a german medium tank you will be using mobile sniper platforms who aren't as good in dogfighting as other nations. If you want a german tank to get up close with a heavy and fire some shots in the sides you will like the VK3002DB and maybe the VK3001H and the pz3/4. they are fast and mobile with almost no armor (except the VK3002DB). The other german medium tanks like the panthers and the E-50 have very accurate guns but aren't as mobile as the other nation medium tanks. The VK3001H will benefit a lot from having researched the VK3601 for the heavy line. It's a decend tank with close to no armor but if you use the speed right you can scout and flank for your team. The panther is a fun sniper once he is fully researched but it's horrible to get it fully researched. The panther2 has more mobility then the panther and can get up close and personal but is still better at sniping and taking in positions up on a mountain. The E-50 is a bit like the panther2 but with better firepower and slightly better armor. Overall the german medium tanks are mostly used to get somewhere fast and snipe from there.

If you rather use stealth and wait for the enemies behind a bush you'll like the german TDs, they might not have as much firepower as the the russian TD's (i don't even think god has that much) but they are very accurate. The stug is a great TD which has had it's frontal armor buffed. Now it can bounce quite a few shots while still being able to relocate quick and start sniping again (loved that tank a lot). The next tank in line is the jagdpanzer. This tank has a very good TD body but a pretty bad gun which really lacks penetration. If you manage to get trough this tank you get the jagdpanther. This tank will not bounce a lot of shots but it is fast and with the second best gun it will become a very dangerous opponent. After this comes the ferdinand. A great TD with very thick frontal armor and an insanely strong gun, it just doesn't havy any stealth so hding might become difficult. The last german TD is the jagdtiger. It is a heavely armored TD but the lower frontal hull isn't that strong. The gun is very accurate and has a lot of penetration but it doesn't do as much damage as the other tier 9 TDs. All in all the german TDs are a mix of fast, lightly armored tanks and slow, heavely armoed tanks. But they all have very accurate guns (except for tier 2-4).

I don't really have a lot to say about the artillery part of the german tree but try it out and see if you like it.
This was just a general idea of how i feel about the german tree, hope it helps.

outlaw0001 #18 Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postlarkeytrl, on 24 March 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

guys ive been reading how great the pzIV is but the talk about pz38na puts me off wanting to do that line instead of medium line,i was looking if i could go maus line and at pzIV cut off to the vk3601, it is worth doing the na or not?

A lot of tier 4 tanks aren't that great and you will get to tier 5 pretty fast so i suggest you try the pz4. The pz4 will open up both heavy lines and the medium line so i think it's really worth getting.

Nectaria #19 Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostDerZivilist, on 24 March 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

Pz35(t): Okay
Pz38(t): Good
Pz38nA: Terribad
PzIV: Good
VK3001(P): Good
Tiger(P): Great
VK4502A: dunno yet
VK4502B: dunno yet
Maus: MAUS!

My take on the issue.

God, I love the Tiger(P).
3001P good?

Bitch please...

DerZivilist #20 Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
57% win ratio with mine, compared to my global 53%. Across 138 battles, too. Whereas you didn't even play 20 battles in it and are only judging its stock performance.

'Bitch please', indeed...  :rolleyes: