• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Eight_Ball #1 Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

Captain

• Clan Commander
  • 36758 battles
  • [AVOS] AVOS
Hi,

when reading the various threads about WG and the patches/develoment, I often come across the opinion, that WG is in line with other F2P online platforms, with:

- Limited life
- Loosing their customers
- Going into Ghost status
- Going Bankrupt
- Etc Etc

My problem is, that I have no knowledge of the so called "Ghost Servers" or abandoned games out there... I have been playing the same stupid Danish F2P text-based roleplay online game for 10 years, and we have experienced up times, where it were popular, with 3-4000 active Danes playing, to it's present state with less than a thousand active players. But it is not a Ghost server, and people are still donating money for the development, that never takes place. This could be a clear sign of Danes being utterly stupid, but I would like someone to give exact examples on games, that once were popular, but now has no players anymore, due to faulty development.

I do not consider sequels, other newer games, lack of development to be reasons. I would like to see examples of WG style games, that is going down, due to bad/greedy developers, trying to make as much money in short time as possible. This is what a lot of complaintants are stating will happen to WG... give please examples :)

Arkhell #2 Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles
Well most cituations are MMO's that failed bad thanks to shitty devs went F2P wth different devs and are now "going strong".

tehn the best example is ofcourse SW: Galaxys that was oke, adn then sony came in to make it more like WoW... wghich ofcourse ruined it for everyone.

and there will prolly be about 10000000 korean style F2P games that broke down thanks to lack of intressed from either the delopers and or community.

but wg will sadly not fail, because there is no alternative to what they offer and that is basicly what will keep them floating. the seconde someone else comes with a comparable game except better service they will indeed have to rethink their act, but untill then they are safe in their cornered marked position.and they know it.

Addi64 #3 Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8067 battles
I think that all pay2win F2P games will have a very limited lifespan
people will only play it if they like it and are willing to pay. once they get bored they will quickly move on, as they don't want to invest anymore. and coming back to the game would be a no-go as they remember the money they wasted.

WoT is somewhat different, as you have no disadvantage (if you leave gold ammo and consumables aside, as they would only make up a very small percentage in randoms) if you don't pay. Therefore you can still give your tank a spin once in a while, or come back to the game after a two weeks break without having missed much.

Also it is very actively developed and new projects of WG (which I think they will realize) are already in the pipeline (WoWP, WoBS) which will guarantee the company to exist and expand further.
WG is trying to keep the community happy with continues events, with better prices for stuff, more XP, chances to win gold, ...

So if they don't get too greedy and turn down the community with some really aweful deployments they will still be around for years to come.

I have played lot's of games, and I have seen lot's of games and companies come and go ... and I don't see a reason why you should be afraid of WoT being discontinued or WG disapearing.
Numbers are still on the rise afaik. And lot's of WoT Players are eagerly looking forward to WoWP ... if nothing disasterous happens they have a good future

Eight_Ball #4 Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

Captain

• Clan Commander
  • 36758 battles
  • [AVOS] AVOS
Weeheee! I love this community: Neg rep for asking a question, related to a lot of statements in other threads. This simply just confirms, that the majority of people complaining are simply what others have stated a lot of times: Young whiners, or people totally out of their wits, living in their own solitary world of fantasy :)

And still examples are missing of ghost servers out there :D

I will leave this a "read only" as it probably just will be another shitty name-calling-thread :) Sry for the inconvenience, by holding up a mirror :D

Toshiro_Umezawa #5 Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14172 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS
Hey man, don't run away, I've an example! Take SDGO (Super Deformed Gundam Online), a korean game based on Gundam (hope you know what it is...). It has a lot of servers(the only two no IP blocked were Taiwan and Hong Kong ones), recently Ogplanet opens the NA one, all the american and european SDGO gamers were happy for this, finally we could play in english! But we sadly find that the server was sh*t, less lag but a lot of things you can only have with $$$ (like S rank mobile suits, that are more or less the tier10 of Sdgo). Don't have to say that I have returned on HK server, despite the language.  Unfortunately a lot of players don't leave NA to HK because they are afraid of  understand nothing, even if there are plenty of walkthroughs and a wiki (in english). It's a pity cause there are more Mobile Suits, more missions, rewards are bigger, S ranks are available for free players, etc... and last but not least developers aren't greedy (well, not too much...). Ok, this doesn't fit completely your question about ghost servers, but it's a good example about greedyness that ruins a good game :(
Sorry for bad english and wall of text, cheers :)

Kazomir #6 Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 15268 battles
Look at Battlefield heroes for example.
IT was a thriving and growing game, but EA declared that it dosen't make enough profit and forced Easy (or was it DICE) to sell ingame advantages.
Now only idiots and people who pay2win play the game.

X534 #7 Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23475 battles
  • [BAC0N] BAC0N

View PostGeneral_Kunde, on 27 March 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

WG Style games? That's the problem why they don't start to act. There are none. Therefore no comparison.

They have the perfect monopoly. Unfortunately...
wtf man i was gonna say that  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users